Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. B.RavikumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from allergy conjunctivitis almost 2 years. Sometime this discontinue. When problem is rise then I am using this medicine IF2 eye drop (olopatadine hydrochloride) and genteal lubricant eye drop. Sometime I am used montair lc tab (montelukast sodium and levocetirizine hydrochloride. When these are medicine used then my problem disappear. When I expose to sunlight, dust, smell, smoke then once again appear this symptoms like puffy eye, pain in eye. Red and etching eye and nose. I am extremely trouble for this symptom because again and again comeback. My face swelling at morning time. Please sir tell me any new way. Thank you.
I use specs for last ten years. Glass is a combination of cylindrical and spherical. Is it safe to do laser treatment?
Hi My father is suffering from angina pain (no stroke) n he got the angiography done for it. The result says that he is having nearly 100% blockage in his left artery n 75-30% in his other two arteries. So the Dr. Recommend for the bypass surgery only n said no other options (angioplasty/stent/balloon) can be done in this case. Now, we want to get it double check in some other hospital to see if surgery could be ruled out with some different results. Now here comes my question. We want to get the angiography done again to verify the earlier result. But from the different hospital this time. Is it possible for him to get angiography done twice within a short duration of says 20-25 days? Any insight or a candid advice on this will be greatly appreciated. Hope to see some expert's comment on this please. Thanks a lot. Regards, Hiral.
I have red eye from 3 days what can I do tell me any kind of medicine so that the pain will be take off from it please suggest it so that I will feel better from the pain.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do. My eyes us red after 2days there is big problem for me so what can I do.
I have pain in my left eye. It's actually in tha bone of eye (left one). I also wear glass. It's cylinder no. -2.75 in left and -1.5 in right. What should I do?
I am 14 years old boy and I am very lazy ,I cannot study for more than 2 hours .I always feel sleepy.help me to concentrate
Sir or ma'am my eye sight is weak itd -2.5 what will I do, pls suggest me some medicine or drops for get rud of it, so I'll be able to see far objects clearly Pls pls pld.
The ability to see is one of our greatest powers and it needs to be valued and looked after. Sometimes this involves wearing glasses to improve our vision. Spectacles not only help us see better but also prevent straining and further deterioration of the eye muscles. Here are a few signs to watch out for that will indicate your need for spectacles. Keep in mind however that a comprehensive eye exam is the only way to determine the power required for your spectacles.
- Blurred vision
Blurred vision or the inability to focus on something in the distance is one of the first signs or eye deterioration. When it comes to children, watch out for complaints of inability to read the writing on class blackboards.
- Frequent headaches
Unexplained headaches that come and go could be a sign that you need glasses. These headaches can usually be felt at the end of a long day or after watching television.
- Constant squinting
Squinting is a natural way to improve vision. This is because the act of squinting reduces extra light and light scattering thus allowing us to see something clearer. Thus, if you notice yourself squinting more than usual it is time to schedule an eye exam.
- Difficulty working on a computer
Struggling to read figures and words on a computer screen is usually a sign of poor vision. Try adjusting your screen angle and the distance of the screen from your eyes to see if your vision improves or worsens.
- Difficulty adjusting to lights
Sudden increased sensitivity to lights can be a sign of many eye disorders with vision problems being the most common.
- Eye strain
Occasional pain in the eyes after a long day or as a result of an allergic reaction is nothing to worry about. However, if this pain persists for a few days, it could be an indication that you need spectacles.
Deterioration of vision is usually a very gradual process and so you may not realize when it begins. However, the earlier you start wearing corrective glasses to improve your vision the easier it will be to control the deterioration of the eye muscles and you may even be able to rectify your condition completely. So, do not ignore any of these warning signs. Even if you do not have any of these symptoms, it is a good idea to get a thorough eye examination at least once a year.