Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B.RajeswariYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from arthritis. I am taking allopathic medicines for arthritis. Can I take gharelu medicines like methi dana saunth & haldi along with that.
Hi 75 years old suffering from rheumatide arithiritus [ r a] presently on meditrex 10 mg and folvik 5mg both once a week fo the past one month am finding only slightly releived. Check and advise
My wife, 59 years old, has been suffering from severe knee pain for last four years. Lately she has severe burning sensation around knee and in toes. Trauma makes her toss in the bed at night. Pain and burning are intolerable when she lies down. Presently she is taking Neurobion Plus, Myospaz, Gemcal DS.
My father had met with an accident in April 2011 his knee was broken and scattered inside and also the fracture happened above the knee then there are plates in his leg. While doing physiotherapy it broken once again in the next year. Now there was rod in his leg. Is it safe to remove?
I have joint pain. Osteoarthritis. I have noticed that drinking water stored in copper pitcher has mitigated the pain to some extent. Is it just coincidental or there a better explanation for that?
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Are there any interactions between homeopathy medicine and benadryl. I mean if I intake homeopathy medicine for arthritis. And for insomnia I take benadryl.
I got accident while riding bike, my leg knee had got injured while seeing the leg knee the skin has scratched. How can I notice whether leg knee bone got fracture or not?
Hello I'm. 21 years old male, nowadays I'm having some insomniac problems and undergoing lots of stress how would I deal?
Joint pain problems in knees, back pain, am suffering from diabetes from last three months, also from hypertension.what to do
While playing football I landed badly on my left knee and the mri reports said: 1. Tear in posterior horn of lateral meniscus 2. Mild joint effusions 3. Partial tear in anterior cruciate ligament and translation of tibia over femur 4. Marrow oedema in tibia and femur Can you please provide me with the possible treatment options for this? Can it heal up naturally? Please provide me with treatment options!
Sometimes while walking my right leg knee is getting sound and getting pain also my age is 25. Height 5.11 weight 73 kgs. Its occurring 10 times a day from 1 month onwards Click click sound is coming.
You might be aware that there is no way that you can prevent arthritis to happen except for being car. But what you can do is delay and reduce the risk of its potential onset. If your joints are healthy now, there is no guarantee that they will always be, unless, you take good care.
Do you know a few kinds of arthritis can be modified. They are:
1. Gout - Have a healthy, balanced diet which is low in cholesterol, alcohol and sugar. This will help you fight against the onset of gout.
2. Osteoarthritis - To modify the risk factor of osteoarthritis, it is important to maintain a healthy weight.
How to defeat arthritis?
1. Keep a check on your weight: If you are obese, you are putting more pressure on your joints and as a result, they wear out soon. By losing weight, you can make a lot of difference in your joint health.
2. Ensure good water intake: Our body is 70% water. And water is one of those things which is the most important for us. Staying hydrated is very important, even for your joints. Because when the body is dehydrated, and the body needs water, it uses the water stored in our bodies, incl the water in the cartilage.
3. Try to avoid any injury: No one really wants to get injured but it is important to be careful and cautious against injuries of any kind. The more injured your joints are, the more susceptible they are to wear and tear now, and arthritis later in life.
4. Don’t stress with physical tasks: There is a way and correct posture to do them, but many people ignore those and perform the tasks clumsily. This puts additional pressure on your joints.
5. Get Your share of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is very important for us. If your body has adequate amount of vitamin D, then you are less susceptible to arthritis. It is wise to get the levels tested and if low, a doctor consulted for proper medication.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.