Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. B MaliniYour feedback matters!
What should be done for removing eye's 0.5 cylinder number? And if we not wear number glasses, eyes number increases?
I have a blood clotted like spot inside my left eye ,since 4-5 years . Is it possible to get rid of it?
I m 28years female suffering from dark circles as I m working on computer my eyes are weak so I m using contact lens for my eyes vision. 1 Dr. suggested me kojivit gel and carofit plus tab for cure. I just want to ask that for how many months should I take medicine Dr. and can I exchange carofit plus to another tab because I couldn't found this tab in chemist shop. Are dark circles really diminish by using all this because its not heredity for me when I m in fever its get so dark sometimes its get low. What is the true care to remove these ugly circles pls suggest me. Thank you.
Are there any disadvantages of ICL surgery for eyes in long run? and Is the surgery permanent or lens have to be replaced after few years?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
My eye side was week its was -2 so how can improve my eye side. I am getting a job in army but was eye side was week so please tell me how can improve my eye side.
I have red eye since 3 days, I can clean my eye several times but no use. Especially right eye. It looks very blood reddish. I prescribed the doctor but no use! Now what do.
I have yellow eye's from 10 day, nd my face going to white and dry skin please so me this reason, and what I should do?
I have an eye problem. When I close it then It's falling tears continuously. Please help me how can I get rid from this?
Retinal detachment is a condition in which a layer of tissue called the retina gets lifted or pulled far from its initial position in the eye. This can cause a number of symptoms including slight vision impairment and blurred vision as well as pain. The retina is a light sensitive part that can be found in the rear portion of the eye. This part is responsible for sending visual signals to the brain which helps in forming the images that we see when we set our eyes on an object. If a person with this problem is not treated immediately, he or she can suffer from permanent vision loss.
Risks: You are more prone to retinal detachment if you:
- Have had injury (damage or blow) specifically to the eye
- Have as of now had a separation in one eye, then there is an improved probability of a separation in the other eye.
- Have a family history of retinal separation.
- Have weak eye-sight
Here are 10 facts that one needs to know about retinal detachment:
- Once in a while little ranges of the retina get torn. These are called retinal tears or retinal breaks. These can cause retinal separation.
- Obtuse injury, as from a tennis ball or damage by a sharp object in the eye can prompt retinal dysfunction.
- A family history of a disconnected retina that is hereditary could be one of the reasons for this disorder.
- The second eye of a patient with a retinal separation must be inspected by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- High astigmatism builds the danger of a retinal detachment. The danger increases to 2.4% when compared with a 0.06% danger for a defected eye at 60 years of age.
- In the event that you have lost vision in one eye because of a detachment, it can in some cases take a couple of months to get used to seeing with just the one normal eye.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery can treat little openings and tears in this part of the eye. Little smolders are made around the opening to "weld" the retina once more into the right spot. It is performed in the eye specialist's clinic.
- Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
- People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
- Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.