Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. B.K.BharathiYour feedback matters!
I have posted my question several times but still didn't get a proper answer. I am 29 years old having hypothyroidism. But my tag is under control. My lower pelvic ultrasound scan was ok. I had irregular periods as I was diagnosed with thyroid 2 years back. But my periods became normal since January this year. But from July 24 again I am not having periods. Can you help me Regularly I am exercising also. Please help me out.
I've very recently been diagnosed as diabetic and the my FBS and PPBS readings are 261 and 301 respectively in the OGTT test. I'm not taking any medicines right now. Can I get beck to normally with proper exercise and control of diet? If so, could you please suggest me the vegetarian diet only to get rid of diabetes?
I used to take eltroxin25 since march 2015 andf now my thyroid level is good shall I discontinue eltroxin or suggest me any other since after starting im feeling very hungry and my weight has also increased.
Hi mam, I have hypothyroidism tsh level is 7.54. I heard from many people in pregnancy if have thyroid means. Will get abnormal baby. Is this true? Please tell me.
I am male 56 years I am suspecting diabetic what are the precautions to be taken to keep in control I am a vegetarian do not smoke/drink what are the fruits I can consume?
Res sir i am 75 years old and debetic from the last 30 years.I have stomech problem.Every 10 - 15 days i have loose motions. That continue for two three days. In single day i have to go for above 20 times. I have taken several medicines from most senior doctors. But problem is there. I use to take medicines tab glycomet gp 2 1---0----1 and insuline 30/70 30 unit morning and 20 unit evening. Please suggest for stomech loose motions problem.
I have heavy scratching on legs sugar remains around 150 fasting have nose polyps and use natural bath soaps. This problen since around 1 month, what medicine can you prescribe.
My wife HBA1C (diabetes) is 8.9 much above the danger level. What food habit and measure should be on immediate basis.
Im 45 yr old male and im diabetic on borderline (120) fasting and my bp 160/90. My parents have both of these so please advice me to keep my bp and suger levels in control.
I am 26 year old male and i have problem in my thyroid gland internally to eating time. What should I do?
Hi I am 40 years old. my fasting sugar level is 260 and my pp leavel is 320 my hba1c is 7. 5 my doctor adviced me glyred m and prandial m. 3 but my sugar level don't come down please recommended me some other alternate medicine. I am from tamil nadu.
Diabetes: Symptoms, Causes and Treatments
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person experiences high blood glucose levels either because the body produces inadequate insulin or the body cells do not respond properly to the insulin produced by the body. Patients with diabetes often experience frequent urination (polyuria), increased thirst (polydipsia) and increased hunger (polyphagia).
There are three types of diabetes:
1) Type 1 diabetes
The body does not produce insulin. Some people may refer to this type as insulin-dependent diabetes, juvenile diabetes, or early-onset diabetes. People usually develop type 1 diabetes before their 40th year, often in early adulthood or teenage years.
Type 1 diabetes is nowhere near as common as type 2 diabetes. Approximately 10% of all diabetes cases are type 1.
Patients with type 1 diabetes will need to take insulin injections for the rest of their life. They must also ensure proper blood-glucose levels by carrying out regular blood tests and following a special diet.
2) Type 2 diabetes
The body does not produce enough insulin for proper function, or the cells in the body do not react to insulin (insulin resistance).
Approximately 90% of all cases of diabetes worldwide are type 2.
Some people may be able to control their type 2 diabetes symptoms by losing weight, following a healthy diet, doing plenty of exercise, and monitoring their blood glucose levels.
Being overweight, physically inactive and eating the wrong foods all contribute to our risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Drinking just one can of (non-diet) soda per day can raise our risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 22%, researchers from Imperial College London reported in the journal Diabetologia. The scientists believe that the impact of sugary soft drinks on diabetes risk may be a direct one, rather than simply an influence on body weight.
3) Gestational diabetes :-
This type affects females during pregnancy. Some women have very high levels of glucose in their blood, and their bodies are unable to produce enough insulin to transport all of the glucose into their cells, resulting in progressively rising levels of glucose.
Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes :-
The symptoms of diabetes occur because some or all of the glucose stays in the blood, and isn’t being used as fuel for energy. The body tries to reduce blood glucose levels by flushing the excess glucose out of the body in the urine.
The common signs and symptoms of diabetes include:
> Increased frequency of urination, especially at night
> Frequently feeling thirsty
> Weakness and fatigue
> Unexplained loss of weight
> Genital itching or thrush
> Blurred vision
> Increase in healing time of cuts and wounds
People with diabetes can benefit from education about the disease and treatment, good nutrition to achieve a normal body weight, and exercise, with the goal of keeping both short-term and long-term blood glucose levels within acceptable bounds. In addition, given the associated higher risks of cardiovascular disease, lifestyle modifications are recommended to control blood pressure.
Medications used to treat diabetes do so by lowering blood sugar levels. There are a number of different classes of anti-diabetic medications. Some are available by mouth, such as metformin, while others are only available by injection such as GLP-1 agonists. Type 1 diabetes can only be treated with insulin, typically with a combination of regular and NPH insulin, or synthetic insulin analogs.
In countries using a general practitioner system, such as the United Kingdom, care may take place mainly outside hospitals, with hospital-based specialist care used only in case of complications, difficult blood sugar control, or research projects. In other circumstances, general practitioners and specialists share care in a team approach. Home telehealth support can be an effective management technique
Marriage at the age of 38. Eight months passed not able to conceive. AMH levels fluctuating.in march 16 it was 6.8,june 16 it was 3.2 and now in aug 16 it is 7.2.what it shows? TSH is 3.0 prolactin 11 estradiol 60.
My mother is 68 years old Type 2 diabetic / hypertension patient. Latest results are: HbA1c is 8.2. Hb is 10.4, Creatine is 3.7. She is currently on H.Mixtard 30 (26-0-10 ), telmikind (0-0-1), Thyronorm 12.5 (1-0-0). Thyronorm was started just 2 days back as we discovered she has TSH of 11. She is currently very weak, mentally confused, unable to walk without assistance. We believe that the weakness could be because of high TSH, and anaemia. We have started treating her for TSH, any ideas on how to treat anaemia considering she has CKD? Also, any opinions on what could be causing muscle weakness/ mental confusion etc? Thanks in advance.
My husband having diabetes. He is doing walking. Still not in control. What type of diet he will fallow?
What is Sugerlevels and HBA1c levels of consider as diabetic Please suggest pre-diabetic sugar levels and HBA1c levels also.
What should include in diet of diabetic patient ?kindly explain meals frm morning to night as patient already taking Sugar ,Bp medicine?
A healthy diabetic diet can incorporate any sustenance with some restraint, the length of it permits you to keep your blood sugar levels inside target. Notwithstanding, 'control'might be hard to apply to a few foods in light of their high starch content. A few foods likewise appear to trigger longings or advance indulging. In the event that you have diabetes, it might be best to abstain from eating these foods, to avert issues with your blood sugar that could bargain your health.
1. Candy: One needs to avoid a number of confectionary items as they are high in sugar content, such as candy, cookies and syrups etc. Yet these below quality starches likewise cause an emotional spike up in the blood sugar levels and can add to weight increase, both of which can exacerbate diabetes confusions. Figure out how to fulfill your sweet tooth by nibbling on top notch starches, for example, crisp organic product.
2. Pretzels: Pretzels have a healthy picture, yet a look at the fixings list uncovers that their wholesome notoriety is horribly undeserved. Almost every brand is produced using the same fundamental fixings:
White flour (wheat flour that has been stripped of its supplements and fiber), yeast, salt, vegetable oil, corn syrup. It's conspicuous from its not very impressive fixing list that this prevalent nibble is basically without sustenance.
3. Nibble pastries and cakes: It's regular learning that snacks that are packaged and heated products are stacked with sodium, sugar, white flour as well as additives. Their perilous combo of refined flour and sugar spikes blood sugar as well as advances irritation, which meddles with insulin's capacity to work legitimately.
4. Bacon: Notwithstanding entire fat dairy foods, greasy or marbled cuts of meat additionally convey a powerful measure of soaked fat, which starts aggravation in the body and prompts different symptoms.
5. Milk: For those with diabetes, a diet high in immersed fat can decline insulin resistance. Keep entire milk out of the ice chest and get 1% (low-fat) or skim (nonfat) milk. Additionally, attempt your best to maintain a strategic distance from other entire milk dairy items like cream, full-fat yogurt, normal cheddar and cream cheddar; rather, pick their decreased fat partners at whatever point conceivable.
6. White Bread: Refined starches in white rice, white bread, and any structured with white flour and white pasta, act a great deal like sugar one time in the human body begins to process them. Thusly, much the same as sugar, refined starches meddle with glucose control and ought to be stayed away from by those with diabetes.
7. French Fries: Trying too hard on oily, signed foods can prompt weight pick up and wreak devastation on the blood sugar you have. Potato chips, French fries, and doughnuts happen to be especially terrible decisions for diabetics since they're made with carb-substantial, dull fixings, which can bring about levels of blood glucose level for shooting up.
8. Natural product juice: While entire fruits are a healthy, fiber-rich starch choice for diabetics, the same can't be said for organic product juice.