Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. B.K.BharathiYour feedback matters!
Do exercise 1-3 hours after meal when blood sugar level are on higher side and less chances of hypoglycaemia.
Avoid exercise if blood sugar more than 250 mg
If over weight and diabetics,then consult doctor first before taking any fitness regimen/go far stress test.
Carry sugar tab.With you.
Carry a card showing you are diabetic and what medicine and your contact add.
You are more likely to have hypoglycaemia if on insulin
Hello sir/madam my dad is suffering from diabetes since 15 years. Now he 51 years old. His glucose level is normal. But frequently he suffer with loose motions thrice r twice in a week. What is the reason why is this happening. please reply?
I am male 48 years old diabetic from past 13 years. My sugar level is within 200. My diet plan is at 9 am oats with curds. 11: 30 am 1 chapati, at 1: 30 pm little rice / ragi ball with fresh vegetables + butter milk at 4: 30 pm marie biscuits 7 nos. And at 9 pm 2 chapati or 2 dosa. Is this alright or should reduce / increase the food. Please suggest.
I am suffering from sugar from the past 25 years. I take IME 9 medicine but there is still not any improve ment. Please help.
There is lot of ad. Of lifespan, diabetes & cardiometabolic clinic & r. I. S. C. Test. Is it reliable and effective, expert opinion is requested pleases.
I am suffering from hyperthyroidism problem. I am a 23 years old girl. My weight is just 33 kg. Every time feeling tired, dry skin, faster heart beat.
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.