Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B Jaya GowriYour feedback matters!
I am unable to sleep properly and getting only 4 hours of sleep and that also restless. Thoughts are not stopping for minutes please help me out.
Similar to fits, I have rashes fits where I have skin turning red and getting irresistible itch in localized area. This condition remains from 2min to 15 min and then everything becomes normal. However this is irritating, can this be treated.
My father has undergone laparotomy and is left with 3 ft of intestine. Need suggestions for his survival.
I am a 25 years old male, my cheek is sinking down. I want to lift my cheek without any surgery. Please help me. Thank you!
What is anxiety disorder. I suffered childhood Trauma and feel having anxiety disorder. Is there any solution?
I m 30 Years old and I have take fast last 7 Days. I facing urinal problem. It comes with burning and some aftertime continuously. What I should do and what is lesion. Can it because of fast.
I am 39 years old as I am jst a start of diabetic & BP but I am on control without any medicine as I jst want to ask whether spinach is good for me as I have BP problem.
I have the bulky uterus in cervical size 9.3 mm, and my age is 33, is it possible to operate as its really hard for me to face hormonal changes.
My hair fall is increasing day by day. Also I have lots of white hair. Please give me a good suggestion also there are plenty of dandruff.
I am 21 years old I am suffering from severe throat infection from last week. I hvconsult a doctor and taking medicines but there is no relief. Also there is problem in swallowing the food and drinking water What should I do now ?
I am feeling so tired without doing anything. This may be due to because I left the gym Difficultly in opening eyes to the dark light.
Hello, I am 25 years old girl. I have acne problem. Specially on cheeks, chin and forehead. My menses are normal, no constipation problem. I work in night shifts and have hair fall and dandruff problem as well. I have tried laser treatment also for acne. I need permanent solution for my acne. Please suggest.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.