Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B Jaya GowriYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from Scalp Psoriasis for the past 4 years. I have tried several shampoos and treatments but they didn't work well. Still I have painful itching on my head. I keep washing my head, hair everyday even if I am in fever and cold. I don't have this psoriasis anywhere on my body except head and scalp. My scalp is getting so dry and I have symptoms are visible, thick, silvery layers of dead skin cells, soreness of the scalp, bleeding and a lot of itching, and a feeling of tightness of the scalp if large areas are covered, It causes flaking of the skin much like dandruff. Friends. Please suggest me any home, herbal treatment for this disease or any other permanent solution for this scalp psoriasis. I am looking forward your valuable answers.
My mother is 49 years old and takes Ona .5 and esta 10 for depression, prescribed from a psychiatrist. But is there any problem may occur in future like heart problem or other problem ,due to take those tablets for longtime? Is there any side effects?
Sir I am 23 year I have some some facial hair on my face plzz help me to grow facial hair or tell me medicine to grow facial hair.
Sir, actually I'm in black colour (by birth), so. Many cosmetics are available at outside, someone told me that are dangerous, I don't know how to get white, can you please suggest me the medicine (without side effects) to get bright, please. Doctor.
I am 29 years I want to reduce my weight n want a perfect shape and secondly I am suffering from hypo tyroidism.
I am 24 years old. And I have problem of anxiety disorder please give me some tips to getting completely out of this problem ?
Dear Doctor, I have bartholin cysts for 2 years I thought it was urinary infection and it will get cured on its own now 1 month has passed & i am 25 years old I am getting married in a month I fear it would create problem in my marriage life. The cyct is not painful is there any home remedy for this. Please help me.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.