Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. B. HarapriyaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am 48 years old male I am feeling uncomfortable with my left shoulder to left chest, if I got quarrel with some body or argument it will suddenly increase what is the problem I had visited cardio and taken ecg as per that there is nothing wrong but I always got panic I am waiting for your answer.
I am 22 years old and I am also a smoker I smoke from last 3 years and but from last 1 and a half year I feel that my heart is beating so fast sometimes my body gets shake and I feel a type of current in the whole body with teeth also what I will do Sir? please plz please answer.
Oats give you soluble fiber. Add a banana or some strawberries to get more soluble fibers.
Beans are especially rich in soluble fiber. They also take a while for the body to digest, meaning you feel full for longer after a meal.
Nuts: Eating almonds, walnuts, peanuts and other nuts is good for the heart. Eating 2 ounces of nuts a day can slightly lower LDL by about 5%. Nuts have additional nutrients that protect the heart in other ways.
Foods fortified with sterols and stanols. Companies are adding them to foods ranging from margarine and granola bars to orange juice and chocolate. They?re also available as supplements. Getting 2 grams of plant sterols or stanols a day can lower LDL cholesterol by about 10%.
Fatty fish. Eating fish 2 to 3 times a week can lower LDL in two ways: by replacing meat, which has LDL?boosting saturated fats and by delivering LDL?lowering omega?3 fats.
I am having problem of acid re flux symptoms every night whenever I eat some thing I have a feeling that there is burning sensation in my chest.Any remedy and which type of doctor should I consult ?
How it will, control my blood pressure, avoid the irritation, I want ask the tip's and suggestions, and which type of food habitat's have maintain? Including physical exercise fallow?
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.