Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B Ganesh Kumar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. B Ganesh KumarYour feedback matters!
Respected doctors, I am male aged 23 height 5.5 weight 55. Vegetarian. Non smoker and non alcoholic person I used to be average student now I will be appearing for my cs executive exam which is to started from 21 dec I am not able to remember anything quickly. I also cant concentrate late night study. I can study upto 10.30 pm only Is there any medicine or foods which can help me boost my mind and help me remember anything I read quickly also make me active for study preparation in night also. Thanks.
My friend is suffering from huntington disease. do we have any cure or some point of relief treatment?
My son is loosing his interest from his study rather he is getting more addiction with online chanting. Desperate & aggressive and ill behaviour. Please advise
My wife is taking one tablet each of PALIRIS 6 and FLUNIL 20 for last nine years. She was diagnosed for schizophrenia. She does not feel any problem now. What needs to be done.
I lost somebody last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I am 25 year old. Its since 4 years I am feeling depressed. The constant thoughts are running in my mind. Like songs , and what if this will happen, death of family members what will happen then, and songs, all are running constantly. Sometime I think heartbeat is high, sometime I think that my body looking weird. I can not stop myself. Sometime I think that should I do this which is wrong or not but and somehow I stop myself. Please help me. It looks like when I will be cured then world will change. Old memories, childhood memories, or past incidents comes into mind. What to do . I can not sleep a sound sleep. When I wakeup it look like I had not slept. What to do.
I am 25 year old student getting frustrated for small things. Is there any medicines are there for reducing this quickly.
Madam/Sir, I always smokes and drink that's why occurring cough and chest pain. But still I can't leave it. Give me some ideas to avoid smoke.
How can I increase willpower? I tried mindfulness breathing exercises, as suggested, and found them very difficult to do. My mind gets distracted within 15-20 seconds. Could you please tell me other exercises (preferably easy one) or some other methods. My intention is to increase willpower and concentration.
1 What diseases are due to alcohol consumption? 2 What are the effects of alcohol on the unborn child/fetus? 3 What are the health benefits of alcohol consumption? 4 How are depression and alcohol consumption linked? 5 In what ways can alcohol consumption lead to physical injuries? 6 What is the overall health burden of alcohol consumption?
In my chest so much cough all time. I do not know why ? Because I am smoke very much. What can I do for this? Please advice.
What are antidepressants and mood elevators?
Often depression or mood changes are caused by the imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain. Anti-depressants or mood elevators are medications that are prescribed to patients with depression to alleviate their symptoms. Anti-depressants are not solely used for the treatment of depression, it is also prescribed in other psychiatric conditions which includes anxiety disorders, social anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), dysthymia (mild chronic depression) etc.
With time, the use of anti-depressants has been on the rise. Although, anti-depressants do not cure your depression, it relieves the symptoms of the same. Anti-depressants come in various types. The first one you try may not benefit you; however you must consult your doctor and find the right choice of medication for your condition.
Non-adherence to anti-depressants can have major consequences on your health. It also majorly contributes to the under treatment of anxiety and depression in maximum cases in the population. The reasons why people do not comply with their therapy or treatment are various; forgetting to take the medicine being the primary one. Other factors that contribute to non-adherence of anti-depressants include-
- Fear of addiction
- High cost of medications
- Fear of drug-induced sexual dysfunction
- Delayed onset of action of the medication
- Poor instructions and protocols given by the doctor
- Fear of side effects
Adherence to the medication with proper guidance from the doctor has seen to decrease the symptoms of depression in the patients, leading them get back to their normal life. Under-treatment of depression can become fatal. If the depression escalates, suicidal tendencies can follow. Apart from these, suddenly stopping the medication has been associated with withdrawal symptoms which can get fatal in severe cases. In recent times, depression has become a common problem with the rise of fatalities caused by depression. As important as it may be to consult a doctor to get your symptoms diagnosed and get the right treatment, it is of equal importance that one adheres to the therapy and abides by the guidelines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctor me saba from kashmir. I depression patient. I regular my medicine. But sometimes. I was soooo headch pain. Itnai sir dardh hota hai. Na mai baat kar pahtee hu ush time nahi kuch aur pain killer med. Sir dardh ka kya karu mai I am confused. Plzz tell me what I do. This is my request.
Stress has become a common problem in day to day life for a lot of people. Too much stress can result in premature aging and accumulation of free radicals within the body. Stress can also cause premature hair fall, wrinkles, exhaustion and frequent frustration. Ayurvedic therapies can counter stress and combat its physical toll on the body. Here is a list of few easy-to-follow Ayurvedic therapy techniques, which are extremely effective against stress:
- A stress-free start: It makes sense to start the day without any stress in mind. Ayurveda states that a full bowel movement is of paramount importance to start an effective day. Abhyanga, an oil message before having a bath, proves to be extremely effective. This should be followed by a 10-minute break so that the body can soak the oil. Lukewarm or hot water should be used to take bath. Some other yoga therapies such as pranayama, transcendental meditation, etc. can be practiced to get a head start on the day.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga or an oil massage is a good stress resilient. In case there is a time crunch, neck, hand and feet region should be massaged to fetch great results. A moisturizing oil massage in these areas has a soothing effect on the body and mind.
- Meditation: It is a known fact that meditation by far is the best Ayurvedic therapy to counter stress. Over 600 studies have shown that meditation has a positive effect on stress. It can successfully cut down the cortisol hormone in the blood and the level of lactic acid in the body by increasing the level of serotonin. A 15-minute meditation schedule on a daily basis can do a world of good for people who are living a stressed life.
- Therapeutic aroma: It has been proven many times in the past that therapeutic aroma can successfully relieve stress in the short term. The choice of fragrance can be from the flower at home, aroma locket, aroma oil, perfume and so on. These aromas will not only give a feel-good factor throughout the day, but also ensure that the level of cortisol remains at an acceptable stage.
- Keeping hydrated: Keeping hydrated throughout the day is of prime importance to lead a stress-free life. Plenty of water along with time-to-time green tea relieves the nerve and has a soothing effect on the body. It is also necessary to forego beverages such as alcohol and coffee for long-term health benefits.
- Soothing music: Music has a profound impact on the nervous system, mind and on the overall human emotion. It creates a feel-good factor and relieves stress throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.