Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. B ChokkalingamYour feedback matters!
I have back pain for two years. Its neck to elbow. I took medicines but felt no good. When I start walking its start and increasing. Kindly suggest me what should I do.
Dear sir, I am 43 years old men. Suffering from Knee pain (both legs) past 13 years. I take medicine several times. But no result. Doctor advised it is deficiency of cartilege. Please advise me for clear my knee pain.
I have small and hard swelling on my wrist like something has come out inside the wrist after doing push-ups. I do regular push ups but I don't feel any pain on that swelling part. I am worried about it. Please tell me what should I do?
Hii I was having rectal bleed with sharp pricking pain half month back then it stopped by taking duplac srp and dulcolax But since 10 days back I again started to have it the bleed was for 3 days And I am also suffering from constipation and gas I am also taking eva-q srp from last 1 week but yesterday I stopped to take the srp and again I had pain during defecation.
Hi I am 30 years old since 3 days I have horrendous joint and muscles and body ache and the day before that I had a horrible migraine. I am unable to move when I rest its like my body is on fire. I feel my body to be quite warm. Can you let me know what can I do and what this signifies.
Hi, i'm 42 years female I got a bad pain on my lower back while lifting weights from floor now i'm not able to walk fast and not able to lift pelvic of the floor please guide me. Thank you.
I have an upper left back pain that has been coming and going for about a year and a half now. It extends from the upper left trapezius muscle and I feel it on the vertebra. It comes at least once a day after standing for about an hour and I have to lie down on it and apply pressure on the muscle and the vertebra to get relief but that does not make it go away. I have also been taking ibuprofen almost daily now but that did not help. Please help me.
I am 24 years old I have joint pain in my leg for last 1 years after the done my work I have this problem I want solution how to reduce my joint pain within specified period thanks.
Pain in the joints continues to bug mankind till this very day. There are different types of joint pains, which might occur all of a sudden, with no signs of receding. The most common of them all are arthritis, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, back pain and repetitive muscular strain. These joint pains are sometimes impossible to diagnose properly by the regular modes of diagnosis. In those cases, resorting to the homeopathic mode of medication might be a good idea as it is a medication based on treating the actual cause of the disease and sustained use might result in complete remission of the pain.
Some commonly used homeopathic medications for pain in the joints are as follows:
- Rhus Tox: This is the most commonly used in homeopathic preparation for severe joint pains, the symptoms of which include severe pain after relaxation, pain triggered by slightly wet weather and pain after walking or running for a long time.
- Arnica Montana: When the symptoms are pain in every joint of the body resulting in body aches and pertaining injuries due to accidents, Arnica Montana serves as the perfect medication.
- Actea Spicata: This medicine is primarily used as a remedy for pains in the small joints of the hands. The symptoms for which the medication can be implemented are rheumatoid arthritis in the joints of the finger and swollen wrists after usage of the hand.
- Colchium: This medicine can be used in case of Rheumatoid Arthritis (inflammatory and chronic form of arthritis).
- Bryonia Alba: This medication can work wonders if the symptoms include severe pain in the knee joints while walking, severe swollen joints and osteoarthritis (affects the flexible tissues present at the bone ends).
However, it is always advisable to take medication as prescribed by your doctor, as the potency and frequency can only be decided by your doctor.
Hi am devu I have leg pain from 3 Months I consulted with doctors butt is not solved so please help how can sove this problem.
I am diabetic my body very pain I sleeping the night and I wake up morning my back pain very hard. so, what I do please help me.?
Sir, I am 47 years. I have back pain problems while walking, standing for 2-3 months. Kindly suggest remedy.
Hi my name is zoya malik. I am from new delhi I want to share my problem here to get solution my problem is I am suffering from back pain from two months please tell me what to do?
My legs are painful anytime if I am running, sitting, walking please suggest me for gaining good health to my legs.
Osteoarthritis: Complications and risk factors
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases.