Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. B. A. ThulasiramYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old female there are some wounds in my throat and upper side of mouth. It is very painful when taking food. Already I am suffering from acidity. Took the following medicines but not cured. 1. Supradyn tablets 2. Opta-d tablets 3. Caramicide oral liquid.
Sir mere left nose ke bone thore tede hai but doctors ne Muje infectionki medicine de hai alegra120 mg or montair lc hai. Lekin Muje samaj nahe aa raha ke dawaye ka asar kyo nahe ho raha 7 Din se le raha hu. Sirf otrovin se he aram mila hai. Muje puchna hai me agar bone thore tere hai tho Kya Otrovin se aram mile sakta hai ya nahe. Ya fir jo mere nose block ho rahe hai oo infection se as he ho rahe hai.
I am suffering from running nose and bad headache, at the same time it seems body is getting hot and throat is paining a bit. And I hate medicine, is there any hone remedies for this? My brother told me ,may be this is because of climate change.
Hello doctor, Since past few days I'm having minor ear pain. So took some ear drops from a medical store, but now that pain has become quite acute. I woke up now at around 4: 00 am due to that pain. Kindly help me with it. Thanks and regards
Yesterday morning when I woke up I found some irritation in my throat Then after it improved as cold. And evening severe cold and my voice was changed. And itching goes continuing till now. And during night both my nails get stuck and made me feel too bad.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.