Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AvvaiYour feedback matters!
Hi, when I have sex with my wife at being she get too wet but after sometime dry up. Even she dnt get ejaculate after having long time sex. Too quickly she get tired and end up with pain. She is 21 please hight 5.4, weight 56kg.
How to treat hot flashes after menopause?
A hot flash, at times called a hot flush, is a speedy sensation of heat and once in a while a red, flushed face accompanied by sweating. The exact reason for hot flashes is not known, but rather might be associated with changes in circulation. Hot flashes happen when the blood vessels close to the skin's surface widen to cool. A woman may likewise sweat to chill off her body. What is more, a few ladies have a fast heart rate or chills. Hot flashes are the most common symptom of menopause.
Hot flashes differ among women experiencing menopause. A few of them have hot flashes for a brief span during menopause. Other ladies may have hot flashes forever. For the most part, hot flashes are less extreme over time. You most likely cannot maintain a strategic distance from hot flashes during menopause, yet there are things that might make them more serious. To prevent hot flashes, keep away from these triggers:
- Spicy nourishments
- Tight clothing
- Tobacco or smoke
Different things you can do to keep hot flashes under control include:
- Stay cool: Keep your room cool during the evening. Use fans during the day. Wear light layers of garments with regular strands, for example, cotton. Using cooling pads to lay your head on during the evening may be useful.
- Breathing: Try deep and moderate stomach breathing (six to eight breaths for each moment). Try to relax for fifteen minutes in the morning, fifteen minutes at night and at the onset of hot flashes.
- Exercise: Exercise every day. Walking, swimming, moving, and bicycling are all great ways to keep fit and keep hot flashes at bay.
- Hormone substitution treatment: Talk to your specialist about taking hormone substitution treatment, or HRT, for a brief span – less than 5 years. This treatment prevents hot flashes from occurring in numerous women. In addition, it can help different symptoms of menopause, including vaginal dryness and mood issue. Remember that when you quit taking HRT, the hot flashes may return. Short-term HRT has a few dangers, including blood clots and gallbladder aggravation. In case that HRT is not a good fit for you, there are different medicines that may offer help.
- Botanicals and herbs: Some herbs can help soothe the hot flashes. These are:
- Soy items: Plant estrogens, found in soy items, are thought to have weak estrogen-like impacts that may decrease hot flashes. Soy food and not supplements are prescribed.
- Dark cohosh: A few studies propose that dark cohosh might be useful in the short-term (six months or less) to treat hot flashes and night sweats. Symptoms include gastrointestinal problems.
- Evening primrose: This oil is another plant that is regularly used to treat hot flashes. Symptoms include queasiness and loose bowels. Ladies taking certain medicines, for example, blood thinners, should not take evening primrose oil.
- Flaxseed: This is thought to diminish the side effects of menopause, especially hot flashes. It's otherwise called linseed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
Do you have the habit of plucking your nose hair? As unsightly or awkward they may be, your nose hair can actually play an important role in keeping you healthy. So the next time you grab your tweezers or scissors to pluck your nose hair, do rethink and stop doing it.
The time when you feel like your nose is swamped with thick or dense hair, people often use tweezers or your fingers to pluck them out. Some of them even go to the extent of waxing it off. However, before you get there, be watchful.
There are two kinds of nose hair:
- Vibrissae: The frontal nose hair that is visible and plucked out from the nose
- Microscopic cilia: Present at the back of the nose, these are responsible for filtering mucus and moving it to the back of the nose
Here are the reasons why you must stop plucking your nose hair:
- It can make you catch infections: When you pluck your front nose hair, you are more prone to catch an infection. Germs and particles near the follicles can get inside, without the Vibrissae.
- The danger triangle: The triangular area on the face between your mouth and nose is referred to as a danger triangle. This area is very important for brain function. The veins that carry blood out of the nose tend to converge with the veins that carry blood from the brain. If you pluck the nose hair, it can lead to the germs get carried all the way to the brain and potentially affect it causing conditions of meningitis or brain abscess.
- Bacteria and germs outbreak: When the nose hair is plucked or waxed, the entire pore is left exposed to bacteria and other germs to get in. If the cilia and other hairs of the nose are unable to prevent the onset of the germs build-up, then these harmful particles can delve deeper into the path of the body all the way up to the brain.
So, what is the right way to do it then? Trimming is the way to go!
The next time you want to get rid of your nose hair, if its over-grown or getting too irritating for you, consider trimming it instead. As long as you don’t get too close to the skin inside your nose, it will not lead to the danger triangle problem.
Also wash your nose well before trimming your nose hair. Washing out the pathogens from the nose before trimming is important so that it will reduce your chances of catching any infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Good morning, I’m Dr Nidhi Agarwal, I am a consultant gynaecologist, based in Gurgaon. Now today I’ll speak on Polycystic Ovarian Disease that is PCOD which is very common in women in recent years.
PCOD actually occurs in young women. They usually present to us with irregularity with their periods. The ovaries in PCOD patients actually become bigger and denser. As the name suggests, ‘poly’ means many that is many cysts are formed in the ovaries. This lady usually presents with a disruption in the normal menstrual cycle.
Now, what happens in a normal lady who menstruates every month?
There is one egg which is selected by nature which increases in size, and when it becomes bigger and appropriate in size, it is ruptured in the ovary which is then taken up by the Fallopian tube. And if it doesn’t meet the sperm and pregnancy doesn’t occur, then the lady menstruates. This should happen monthly up to 35 days. In PCOD patients, this natural selection of the egg every month doesn’t occur. Instead, many small cysts are formed in the ovaries. So that is why there are many cysts formed in the ovaries, and then the patient does not have normal periods. That is why we say it a Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
Now how does a patient of PCOD present to us?
A patient of PCOD, if she is a young girl in her teens or in the early twenties, she usually comes to us saying that she is not having her monthly periods. She menstruates at one and a half months, two months, two and a half months, and when she menstruates, she usually has excessive bleeding with clots. If a lady is in her late twenties and has got married, and she is not able to conceive, then also the patient presents with the problem in conceiving. Also, there is usually an excess of hormones produced by the ovaries, that is an excess of estrogen as well as androgen which is the male hormones. The lady usually presents with male like pattern of hair growth that is hair growth on her chin on her face, around the nipples of her breasts, in her lower abdomen, especially over her thighs and she says that along with excessive hair growth, she has developed excessive acne and things also appear all over her scalp. These are basically because of an excess of androgens, which are the male hormones. This change in the hormonal value occurs because of Polycystic Ovarian Disease. Also, very often, patients come to us saying that she is gaining weight excessively. A patient comes and says that in the last 5 months, I have gained 10 kgs of weight. So patients usually present to us with symptoms of insulin resistance, in which there is overweight. Now, PCOD has actually become very common and patients who are as small as 11-12 years of age come to me, young girls presenting with PCOD. And the incidence is very very very high; 1 out of 10 women are now having PCOD.
How do tackle this PCOD?
See, there are three criteria which are very important. As I have told you, first is a presentation, that the lady is not ovulating, that is the egg which is formed every month is not released. Instead, multiple eggs multiple cysts form which we call in their ovaries. So, if the ultrasound shows that they are polycystic ovaries if the patient presents to us with less ovulation, or anovulation which we say which occurs when the patient is not having her regular periods, or there are signs of excess androgen that is male hormone with features of hirsutism. Then, out of these three, if two criteria are there in the lady someone is having PCOD.
Very often patients ask me, ‘Why do we, why am I suffering from PCOD?’ So if you ask me, there is no one particular cause which I can see, that this is the reason you have got. There are so many factors, it could be just genetic- your mother or sister has been suffering from PCOD, then your chances of having PCOD are always higher. There could just be low-grade information in her ovaries, which has disturbed the ovaries to an extent that it is releasing more of male hormones, making them bigger in size and that is causing the ovaries not to ovulate. Or it could just be because of obesity and high insulin levels. Again, because of high insulin in the body, it puts stress on the ovaries and they don’t ovulate.
So there are so many causes, you have to investigate the patient, there are a lot of investigations that have to be done and we can come to a diagnosis, it is possible. So, I’ll just conclude by saying that PCOD is very very common nowadays.
If you are having problems with your menstrual cycle, if you are gaining weight abnormally, if you have excessive hair growth anywhere which is not expected in females, face acne or hair loss, please do see us, see your local gynecologist, so if there is any problem, it can be sorted out in time. I’m Dr Nidhi as I already told you, I am based in Gurgaon, and you can contact me for any queries for PCOD or its treatment at LivWell clinic which is at Galleria Market and also you can contact me through Lybrate.
I am 20 years old and I want to get pregnant but I could not become pregnant. So, what to do for pregnancy?
I am 17 years old I had an unprotected sex on may 3 there was no ejaculation only precum was on my vagina but thn later on may 10 I got my periods and on june 10 also now my period is delayed by 12 days Am I pregnant?
More than half the patients with blood pressure are patients of diabetes too. Get your BP checked every time when you visit your doctor! Both BP and Diabetes have bad effects on kidney and as such should be controlled together asap!
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the gallbladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health.
- Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker resulting in urinary incontinence later in life. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. This will result in your bladder becoming weaker. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure.
Hi I'm 28 years old. And married women with no baby. Last month I have a period for 2-3 days without heavy flow and no pain. In this month it is only come for 1 day. Am I pregnant?
Every food we eat tastes differently. 6 tastes of edibles are sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent astringent. Try to have all 6 tastes in your food every day.
My wife passed 1 years after her pregnancy, she enter her mens cycle after about 5 to 6 month later her delivery. But suddenly she got huge amount of bleed previous month. Two pad requires within 6 hr. We consult with Dr. And he give SYSRON NCR tablet for 20 days with iron folic tablet. But after completing that course she start bleeding again. My wife took rest after delivery about 8 weeks. My wife had C-SECTION delivery. After that normal house work done by her as we are alone. Is it normal for lactating women? Should I get worried about that? I am very tensed, please help me.
My age is 29. Last year on 2nd jan I had an miscarriage. That time my all medical reports as normal bt due to bleeding it happens. Now from last two months I m trying but unable to conceive. My mensuration cycle r normal Nov & Dec 26th was the date of that cycle. I want to conceive please help me what to do?
Hi Doc. I'm 27yrs old Unmarried. I've endometerium cyst on both my ovaries. 2plus cm on my left ovary and 3.9cm on the right ovary. Its been there for few years. I also have thyroid. So I take thyroxine 50g. I've consulted gynecologist here. They told me not to worry n didn't prescribe any medication. But My pain n worry for it has been there for years. Now its come even on my left ovary as well. So im more worried. Will I've fertility issues in future? Will it cause any other issue? what should be done? Pls advice.
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sexual intercourse the day after my last menstrual period ended. Is it possible to get pregnant after having sex so soon after my LMP?
Discharge from your nipple without any squeezing or touching of the breast may make any women wonder. Other than breast milk, any kind of nipple discharge can be a warning sign of breast cancer.
When a tumor starts in the milk ducts just under or around the nipple, it may cause irritation and infection, leading to discharge.
If you notice any nipple discharge, particularly clear or bloody, get it checked by your doctor. Such discharge can also be due to an infection or other condition that needs treatment
In case you are focused and happy during your pregnancy, you will, in all probability, have a sound and healthy baby. It is normal to be somewhat worried about the complications that are going on in your life and in your body.
However, in case you are not resting and are on edge without stopping for even a minute, in such a case you must approach your maternity specialist or doctor for assistance. Regardless, increased amount of tension may affect your child. That is on account of the anxiety hormone cortisol that can cross the placenta and affect the building squares of your child's growth and advancement.
Here are some tips to reduce the baby stress:
- Rest and concentrate on your child: Resting is beneficial for you and your child, so do not feel regretful about it. Invest significant energy to concentrate on your baby. Listen to your body. In case you are feeling tired, go to bed early. Your body is striving to feed your developing baby and you require all the rest you can get.
- Discuss it: In case you are stressing over your infant's growth, or an individual matter, you can simply go to your birthing specialist for discussion. Try not to be scared to express how you are genuinely feeling. If you are straightforward, you will probably get the boost you require.
- Eat well: Eating healthy is useful for your brain and your body. A sound eating diet of omega-3 unsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals can lift your energy levels. The omega-3 unsaturated fats found in slick fish and fish may decrease the stress. Try to have salmon, fish, mackerel, sardines, pilchards and trout.
- Work out: Exercise can improve your health. It is usually recommended to exercise during pregnancy. In case you did not exercise before you were pregnant, now may be a decent time to begin. Make it delicate work out, however. Swimming is perfect, as it keeps you conditioned, without being too hard on your joints.
- Plan for birth: You can likewise take free online antenatal classes. In case you are having an arranged cesarean, speak with your birthing assistant or obstetrician about what will occur on the day. Drawing up a cesarean birth plan can help you feel more sure, confident and in control.
- Adapting to driving: Driving can be a noteworthy source of stress, and it tires you all the more intensely. Inquire as to whether you can keep away from peak hours, maybe beginning and completing work sooner than .usual. This should not be too difficult since your boss and your company are mostly obligated to grant you with such demands.