Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avvai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AvvaiYour feedback matters!
I had sex yesterday and the contraception just failed. Within three hours after intercourse I took a levenogesrtill pill 1.5 mg (unwanted 72) no side effects except feeling more sleepy and Im to get my period within 2 to 3 days. As last month I got my period on June 8. Just worried if emergency contraception works or not.
Consult a physiotherapist if you have experienced a fall recently and the discomfort caused due to it has not subsided.
Me and my gf both are virgin and we decided to have sex but I want to experience it without condom so if after doing sex if she will have one tablet of ipill will there be any chance of pregnancy .we randomly have sex 3 times on the same day .plz suggest proper dose of ipill and when to take to avoid pregnancy.
Good evening. I am Dr Anju Yadav and I am working as a Fertility consultant at Bourn Hall Fertility Clinic, Gurgaon. Today I will be speaking about the donor egg IVF.
With an advancement of IVF technique, now it has become possible for those females to conceive who have crossed their reproductive age group and have attained menopause. It happens with the help of donor egg IVF.
Donor egg IVF involves giving injections to egg donor for egg growth. Taking out eggs from her using a simple surgery and fertilizing an egg with the male partner's sperm culturing these embryos in the lab and then transferring these eggs in the female partner's uterus.
So, apart from these females who have attained menopause, who else can be benefitted using the Donor egg IVF?
These include the female who has attained pre mature ovarian failure, patients with the poor quality egg, patients with repeated IVF failure and females who have genetically transmissible diseases, some females who are older than 40 years of age. In such cases, donor egg IVF is helpful because as the female age increases, their egg quality and the number of eggs decreases. So, females with advanced age are also benefitted with this Donor egg IVF.
If you want to know more about this, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Hi i Am 25 years old I have nipple discharge since 2011 have taken so many medications but all to no avail please I need help.
She had completed her 72 hr after having a intercourse and she forgot to take the pill to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Is there any other option to prevent it?
Does eating chocolates during periods have good or adverse effects on mensuration cycle? How to regulate menstruation flow and be healthy.
Sir, I am 22 year old girl. I have miss my periods for two months. This problem was first time to me. From 5 days I have milky white discharge which is odourless and I have no irritation or pain. From one day I feel severe pain in hypogastric region. My micturition and bowel moments are normal. Gynec doctor prescribed me progesterone for 3 days. What's my actual problem was. Anything complicated.
People who have good emotional health are aware of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. They have learned healthy ways to cope with the stress and problems that are a normal part of life. They feel good about themselves and have healthy relationships.
However, many things that happen in life can disrupt your emotional health and lead to strong feelings of sadness, stress, or anxiety. Good changes can be just as stressful as bad changes. These things include:
- Being laid off from your job
- Having a child leave or return home
- Dealing with the death of a loved one
- Getting divorced or married
- Suffering an illness or an injury
- Getting a job promotion
- Experiencing money problems
- Moving to a new home
- Having a baby
What is the mind-body link?
You may already be familiar with phrases which describe the mind-body connection in day-to-day life such as something being a “pain in the neck” - it generally symbolises 'burden over mind'.
When we talk about mind, people usually understand it as a collection of thoughts, feelings, beliefs, attitudes, memories, past experiences and personality that make up a person’s internal world.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. That is why mind controls the body as a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
Is it all in my head?
Experiencing happiness or sadness not only affects your frame but also affects your physical health. For example, indigestion is commonly triggered by stress and anxiety. On the other hand, physical ailments also affect an individual’s mental well-being. Do you know anyone who feels happy when they are sick? Thus, the mind and body share a deep, cyclic connection. To be physically healthy is it important to be psychologically healthy and vice versa.
Emotions manifest themselves on an individual’s body in a number of ways. This ranges from changes in internal body temperature and blood sugar levels to hormonal imbalances and altered brain chemistry. Happiness and joyous emotions have the ability to boost immunity, alleviate pain and relax muscles while sadness and anxiety can increase heart beats, tighten muscles and dilate blood vessels. Over time, it can also lower a person’s immunity and make them more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Anxiety and depression can keep a person from eating nutritious food and exercising and hence lower his or her overall health. Poor emotional health could also encourage the use of stimulants such as alcohol and drugs that cause weight fluctuation, insomnia, tiredness, weakened gut health, sexual problems etc.
How do your thoughts and feelings affect your health?
Your brain produces substances that can improve your health. These substances include endorphins, which are natural painkillers, and gamma globulin, which strengthens your immune system.
Research shows that what your brain produces depends in part on your thoughts, feelings, and expectations. If you're sick but you have hope and a positive attitude and you believe that you'll get better, your brain is likely to produce chemicals that will boost your body's healing power.
Negative thoughts and emotions can keep your brain from producing some of the chemicals that help your body heal. But this doesn't mean you should blame yourself for getting sick or feeling down about a health problem. Some illnesses are beyond your control. But your thoughts and state of mind are resources you can use to get better.
The mind-body link and your health
Some of the body’s systems are more affected by the mind-body link more than others. You may recognise some listed below:
- Digestive System Changes: It is common to experience an upset stomach (e.g. nausea, diarrhoea, bloating or pain) during times of stress. There are lots of nerve connections between the brain and the gut. In fact, the gut is sometimes called the ‘Little Brain’ for this reason.
- Skin Conditions: People with skin conditions, including eczema or psoriasis, notice that during stressful periods their symptoms can become worse and respond less well to conventional treatments.
- Heart Symptoms: Changes in the way the heart works are common in stressful or exciting circumstances. For example, stress or excitement can cause the heart to beat faster and raise blood pressure. These normal changes in heart rate and blood pressure as a result of stress can be concerning for people with or without heart conditions.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can also be affected by how we think and feel. For example, boredom can lead to feeling fatigued and sleepy whereas an unexpected piece of good news could give you a burst of energy. Fatigue can also be present as part of mood problems such as depression and anxiety. People who experience health problems may struggle with fatigue which is a combination of physical and emotional factors.
- Thinking Styles: How you think - your ‘thinking style’ - can affect how you feel emotionally and physically. Some common thinking styles make it seem very likely that something bad is going to happen. This can make you feel worried, sad or upset even though the thought is not true.
Below is a short list of some of the more common types of psychotherapy. Some therapy techniques have been scientifically tested on a large scale basis; while others are newer and often combined with more established psychotherapies.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Using the mind-body link to help you manage your health
- Learning how to relax can help your mind and body. You can try different things until you find one that works for you. For example: Listen to relaxing music.
- Spend five minutes focusing on the rhythm of your breath.
- Try using prayer or meditation to relax.
- Imagine being in a peaceful scene, such as a beach or woodland. Notice what you can see, hear, touch, taste and smell.
- Try not to rush around during the day. Leave plenty of time for your planned activities.
- Talk to someone when you are feeling stressed, anxious or down you might not feel like doing anything.
Thankfully, like physical ailments, emotional ailments too can be treated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!