Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avula Chakravarthi
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Avula ChakravarthiYour feedback matters!
I am a 47 years old male and suffering from a just like current in my left hand that starts from thumb than spread towards 1st and 2nd finer than to the upper side upto the arm and arm feel slightly hard. Please I am feeling this from last 2 months. I am taking gabapantin and mecobolamin from 20 days but here is no improvement. Please tell me what should I do.
Dear Doctor my ESR is 55 i have migrane since last few years. I do have verikose problem too. Always i feel throat irritation and ear itching. I take homeo for migrane and ayurvedic medicine for verikose. Do you have any suggestions to me ?
What is the best medicine after recovery a japanese encephalitis patient? I want to know because my father has the problem. He was suffering JE last year. And now he is fine but after JE he is weak & some mental problem. Like he forget mostly thing. I mean to say he is physically & mentally weak. And he has also diabetes & high blood pressure. Please give me the solution. I want to know.
I am 47 years. I have a history of fall with minor head injury at the back while stepping down a staire. The ct image taken showed no problem. After one week a balance problem arose and the same corrected with evert tablet. Now after 8 months the same balance problem exists even after different medications. Body get weakened with fear.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.