Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Avijit BasuYour feedback matters!
He have difficult in doing stool. And there is a burning sensation in that area. When he put more pressure there is sometimes bleeding .this is happening from a month.
I am a student of college and I am 18 year old am from last 3 to 4 years my is becoming dark and darker, how can I regain my nature fairness back, please help.
I want to cure phimosis. It hurts whenever I try to pull my skin back. I've been stretching the foreskin horizontally & forcibly pulling it back during bathing with warm water since many weeks. And now I can see the glans coming out partially, but not completely & the prepuce is not being stretched further till the neck. I'm afraid of paraphimosis if I pull it more. I think I'll not need circumcision. Please suggest me any ointment or please tell me what should I do to make the foreskin flexible to move freely.
I have no pain over foreskin of testicle where some pimple type swollen occurred in very few but at different places but I am suffering from itching and this swollen pimple type skin nt coming back to normal state, has I am observing it from 2-3 days it's itching day by day more but swollen pimple type part on testicles r nt coming to normal, pl. Z suggest.
Hi, I'm suffering from a disease called sleeping warts on my whole face since last 7-8 years. I was consultant for the same with homeopathic, allopathic dermatologist doctors. But not satisfied till now. Dermatologists suggest me to apply Trunex & Retino-A 0.5% on my face and tablet levamisole (150mg) & Aquasol A 10D. These gel reduce my warts little bit but clear. It becomes back when I'm stopped to apply it on regular basis. Kindly suggest how I can reduce these warts and clear my face. Await for your positive response. Regards, Ankit.
I am having macular lichen amyloidosis since past 4 years I am really fed up with this thing I have already taken consultations and medications but no results please have me out its all over my body except face.
My face skin has become very hard and rash ,from last 1 week during winter. I applied vaseline (nova) but I didn't get results.
I am suffering with skin rashes in winter session not in all season and its happening since my birth please suggest to treatment.
I'm 23 years old, I have lot of dark spots on face. Last 2 months I'm using biluma cream it is good one or any other medicine to cure it.
My skin is getting darker and darker day by day. I don't prefer to go in sunlight as it makes my skin tan. Some of my friend has suggested me to have coconut water daily in morning so I started that but don't know its a myth or it actually works. Can you please guide? Whether tea is harmful for skin? Does it actually makes skin dark? Guide me regarding remedies which makes my skin fair or anything which I should avoid to stop making it more dark. Thank you so much in anticipation.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.