Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Avijit BasuYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. Feel low immunity, continue sneezing, itching, coughing, allergy, all time nose-donot take any smell. And also urtica problem. Last 6 years. When anti allergy tablet eat all is good. What I should do permanantly? please tell as soon as possible. Homeopath, allopathy all are use.
Hi sir I have pressure urticaria for last ten years. Could you please suggest me some medicine to cure this. I am really worried abt those. please help me if you can.
Acne Vulgaris, commonly known as acne is a type of chronic skin condition which occurs when the hair follicles of the skin become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Characterized by blackheads, pimples, whiteheads and greasy skin, acne can also cause scarring. Typically, acne which cause pimples tend to develop on the back, chest, shoulders but mostly on the face and neck.
Causes and symptoms of pimple scars:
Although the actual cause of acne is uncertain, medical professionals have reason to believe that an increase in the level of androgen triggers pimples. On the other hand, scarring due to pimples are a result of the presence of inflamed lesions. Such inflamed lesions when gorged with surplus oil, bacteria and dead skin cells cause swelling and an eventual rupture in the follicle wall which leads to scarring. The extent of the scar has a direct relationship with the rupture. That is to say, the deeper the rupture, the bigger the scar.
In actuality, the formation of scars is involved in the normal healing process of the skin. The skin cells in order to mend the damage caused by the ruptured pimples, forms fresh collagen fibers which are fibrous proteins that impart flexibility and strength to the skin. The resultant repair which are very rarely smooth and unblemished are referred to as scars.
Treatment of pimple scars:
- Fractional Radiofrequency treatment is a highly effective method of reducing or removing pimple scars from skin. The radio frequency does not cause much damage to upper layers of skin, but effectively breaks down the scar tissue.
- Lasers are alternative and are little less painful. This treatment involves the use of skin resurfacing lasers.
- Fillers are another form of treatment which fill the indentations left remaining from dense pimple scars. Hardly any down time with this but are expensive in the long run.
- Scar reduction surgery is meant to minimize the scar so that it is more consistent with your surrounding skin tone and texture.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I have some problem. On my lips its have black black spot how can I remove this. If you have solution so plzz contact.
Summer often brings in a host of problems the scorching heat can sometimes burn and tan your skin. The humidity can cause you to sweat, making your skin accumulate grime, dirt and increase your chances of getting skin infections. Avoiding the sun by staying indoors or using an umbrella is a good option, but not always a practical possibility. According to Ayurveda, summer is the season when the sun is strong and increases heat in the body, which is one of the main causative factors of skin problems. So you not only need to beat the outside heat, but find a way to keep your body cool from the inside heat too. Some of the common problems in summer include sunburn, redness, irritation, rashes and acne outbreaks. Here are some ways Ayurveda can help:
Start by knowing your skin type in ayurveda:
- Vata skin: This is characterized by dry, thin, delicate skin that is cool to touch and easily gets dehydrated. It can be flaky and has a tendency to age faster.
- Pita skin: This is characterized by skin that is fair, sensitive, soft and warm. It is prone to freckles and moles and can break into rashes, acne or sunspots when out of balance.
- Kapha skin: It tends to have all the qualities of water and earth, it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. On the flip side, people with kapha skin may have dull complexion, excessive oil, pimples and suffer from water retention.
- Combination types: Can include Vata-Pitta (both dry and sensitive) Kapha-Pitta (oily and sensitive) and Vata-Kapha (dry with some oily zones).
- Go for aloe vera sun screen: If you can't avoid the sun, then the next best thing to do is protect yourself. According to ayurveda, increased exposure to hot, sharp and penetrating rays of the sun causes Pitta Dosha and prolonged exposure also leads to increase in Vata, which causes drying of skin. To prevent this, buy a good quality aloe vera sunscreen.
- Try herbal tea for hydration: During summer, it goes without saying that you need to stay hydrated throughout the day with a good 8 glasses of water. But other than that, you can up your intake of warm liquids like herbal tea made of ginger and lemon which will keep you digestion healthy and skin glowing. A number of flavored herbal teas are available in the market too. From peach to hibiscus, each flavor offers a good set of benefits.
- Try herbal deep oil massage: Time to take your skin's hydration to the next level. An oil massage is the best remedy for dry skin. Apricot oil applied 2-3 times a week at night can make your skin smooth and supple. Turn on the "heat" by asking your partner to give you a full oil massage which can improve blood circulation, lymph drainage and your romantic life for sure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 22 years old. I am facing blackheads and whiteheads problems a lot. I have tried many lotions and medicines but not sure of its working. I want to stop them. How to avoid them by a healthy diet and do suggest a cure for it. Thank you.
I have red face and have rashes and sleeping sickness what can I do for this please help me I'm in depression help
Hi, I am 20 years old and my skin is so dull I want to look fresh every time and I also don't have even skin tone what should I do ?
I found two black tiny joining dots on my right nipple and not the areola last month hoping it'll go away. It hasn't and its quite worrying.
In today's environment when sun's heat damages your skin more than ever and the pollution plays its part equally there are some of the skin care methods you should know and employ.
While there are tons of products available in the market which claims so high but most of us don't know the use and the particular product types to be used.
Here I am trying to present some common tips that anyand everybody can do and get awesome results.
The few important skin care techniques include following few points.
1) use of least possible cosmetic products and if using them use them judiciously.
2) do these following steps daily procedures if possible twice a day.
A) cleansing: use a good cleansing product to remove day to day dirt and polution from you skin.
B) tonning: use a good toner to massage and&nbsp;tone your skin. Effective employment of this will prevent your skin from early wrinkles and makes it look young for a long time.
C) moisturizing: last but equally important is using a qaulity moisturinzing after these two step. Skin without moisture looks very dull and gets harm very easily.
These steps should not take more than 15 minutes to do and gives a very good results.
In addition one can use a scrub but not more than twice a week to remove the dead skin tissue and which opens up the pores of the skin.
One must wear a sunscreen lotion that contains spf 15 or higher to prevent the sunrays from damaging it whenever going out.
You can also add a multivitamin and multimineral tablet to your daily diet.
Most of the people have a urge to get a fairer skin but in true sense skin with any shed can look nice when maintained with a good care.
Other facts which all know like eating healthy food, least use of oils, drinking good quantity of water are also helpful in maintaining a good healthy body.
Live healthy and enjoy the wellness.