Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Athiya AgarwalYour feedback matters!
There is always a pain and burning in my eyes. Specially in eye ball and forehead. When I getup in the morning and go outside. Dnt knw y its very difficult for me to open my eyes during driving. If I go somewhere in the morning and I do nothing there but simply attending the function, my eyes became red and swell till evening. And a pain in eyes and burning. I go to doctor and my eyesight is perfect 6/6. doctor says. He says its a eye infection. He suggest some eye drop. I use eye drop. Then it give some relief but after some days when I quit eye drops. It starts again. firstly I think that my eyesight become weak that y its happen but when I go for checkup. It is quite perfect. Then my eyes is so much paining. Spclly my eyeballs and pain in the middle of forehead.
My eyes is yellow during the night please tell me the solution of this problem I an very suffering this problem.
I have a hamarage in my right sided in mobile vitroes so how should I improve my eye's vision I am 19 year old.
After cataract surgery of my father, he is suffering from a severe paralysis type problem where his both right leg and right hand as well some rights part of mouth is not working properly, I consulted a local MD he gave few medicines and a physiotherapy and I have also done a CT scan where everything tends to be normal, except As mentioned in CT scan:-- Evidence of small hypodense lesions in right corona radiata, left internal capsule and in left external capsule.
Hello, I m a 30 years old computer software engineer and I suffered from dry eyes since years. I have a spectacles so can u help out for this
I have red eyes for more than 3 days. And I am unable to do my regular stuffs finely. It is really getting quite uncomfortable for me now.
My right eye is itching alot from one side and is swollen from the other. My eye's not been hit with anything. Am I catching with conjunctivitis?
My Father is 55 years old. He is regularly having headaches and eye sight is gradually decreasing. He also seems to hear less from one ear. What could be the problem? What is its solution? Whom to consult?
I have eye dryness due to heavy usage of system and have back pain so that I can't work for long time. Please Suggest.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello My son is 3 months old. He had some allergy in his eyes n neck and his scalp is dry. Eye n neck allergy like dryness. Tell me what I can do?
I have red eyes for a long time then what I should do and second problem is my headache is long time then what I do.
My kid had an Eye trauma. Should tennis ball-throwing games be limited for his eye safety or what else can be done?
Hello everybody, I am Dr Charu Tyagi. Today I will talk about Computer vision syndrome.
Computer has become part and parcel of our life. We are spending lot many hours on the screens. The screens are associated with some eye problems. Patients who have eye pain, redness, watery eyes, blury vision, headache often associated with long hours on computer. They are classified as Computer Vision Syndrome. So, we would like you to be spending time but have a mix and match activity when you are working on computers. Take time for breaks and look at distances.
People who have tendency to stare, who do not blink well, (we are suppose to blink 16-18 times in a minute), and who are in the AC atmosphere are more prone to Computer Vision Syndrome. Not wearing glasses is one of the important factors for headache and strain.
- People are adviced to blink 16-18 times in a minute.
- Maintain a good posture
- When feel tired, do palming
- Wash eyes
- Have proper hydration
- Follow the rule 20-20-20, which means that after every 20 minutes look at 20 feet or more and blink 20 times.
- Have your computer set 15 degrees and below your eye level. No bright light should be behind the computer
- Maximum contrast and minimum brightness in the computer setting
- Have anti-glare on your computer and anti-glare on your glasses.
- Proper lighting should be there above for proper vision and to avoid strain.
- Do not rub your eyes frequently as keyboards are the source of infection.
- Do not over wear your contact lenses as they can cause dryness in your eyes.
- Avoid kajal and soorma which are not very good for your eyes.
If you see that your symptoms are not improving then you need to see an eye specialist for the complete eye examination.