Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. AtheswardasYour feedback matters!
From 10 years I m using optical my optical no Is R-3.50, L-3.00. What should I do to remove optical. I don't want to use it.
I see eye floaters from past 8 years but now From last 2-3 years I thinks its increasing. Or something like that. And left eye twitch every time I go for sexual pleasure. I want to know reason for that. Is there any problem with my eye as I have to go for LASIK.
My eyes are paining from last one month it's watering constantly and coming very lot what I have to do please tell me I m so much suffering can't see light also and can't see dark also.
I am 18 years old boy and while studying or watching tv my right eye becomes watery. What should I do?
I have to work 12 hours on pc everyday. How should I take care of my eyes? should I use any drops daily?
I have an eyesight, bt I want to apply for defense, so can you please inform me how to reduce eyesight or which kind of operation that is required that is not rejected by defense services.
My eyelids are swollen in the morning, Any eye drop or home remedy for this? THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.
I am getting stye in my left eye. I know it cures by itself. Is there any way to get rid of it. Any antibiotics or precautions should I be taking? What it the eye lid is still swelled?
I have eyes as the doctor say. Its paining. Becomes red. While using drops its good but when I avoid this. Its again become red.
My left eye has been twitching / pulsating for the past few weeks. There is no allergy or swell but it is very irritating .Could you please suggest any remedy for it.
I am a student and my left eyesight is down. I wear spectacles having power -1 with compound .50 in left eye and right eye is ok as optician told me these parameters. So I want to know that can I get rid from spectacles and if yes then how plzz suggest me.
My eye side is weak how as it is of 2 in lest and 2.50 in right I am 18 years old help me I want to remove my spectacle.
What is the benefit of barefoot walk in green grass early in the morning. For eyes and for entire body.
Hi doctor I am tmanna my mom is eyes are red every evening last two months what she does please tell me.
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.