Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aswin Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Aswin KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I m having rheumatoid arthritis for past 2 months, which type of treatment is best allopathy, siddha, or homeopathy?
My mother have a problem in her legs and it pain very harder. Its a kind of blockage in her legs muscles. Even she's not able to walk 10-15 minutes. Please reply.
Hi Doctor my age is 23 last December my arm middle part was broken partially, doctor had cast on it and right now its condition is OK. My question is can I go to gym and make daily workouts?
My muscles had been paining since the last three days as I have started playing cricket after a very long time of 2 years. What should i do? Please advise.
I am 67 year old it's OK if I have sex, what will be effect on my health if I have once in a month. I am having BP and osteoarthritis Thanks
My hand (wrist) got fractured severely in accident on 21/06/2017. Doctors did the surgery with external fixation. After one month they removed it. Now doing wrist exercises and immersing hand in luke warm water daily. Now I started writing, so I am getting pain in index finger muzzle above wrist. How to reduce the pain.
When I sleep at night, my upper back pain starts after 2 or 3 hours. I don't sleep on a soft bed. How to get rid of this problem. My calcium intake is also normal but still and what exercises I should practice to get rid of this pain?
I have back pain about a week. Nowadays I use to take rest because of my examination so what can I do.
I'm suffering from left foot pain due to fall of 2 wheeler. Consulted doc got an x-ray he said it's TENDO ACHILLES AND TIBIALIS ANTERIOR TENDINITIS. Gave tab for 5 days. But pain still continues when I walk and all.
Sir I'm having ovarian cyst having severe pain in hip and pelvic area whether it can be treated in medicine ,what medicine is advisable. How it came for me.
What to do for a back bone pain. I often getting pain on my back bone. How to get recover from the back bone pain?
I have regular pain in my shoulders and neck since last 2-3 months. Massaging and relaxing is not working. What should I do?
I am suffering from sleep paralysis for past 2 years. Daily in midnight ill be suffered from it whenever I want to wakeup. It is coming Regularly how to overcome this problem.
I am 23 years old I have backpain since last 3 year. I have take medicine but pain don't reduce please tell what shell I do?
I am writing for my friend. He is 20 years old male. He plays badminton daily from 6pm to 9 pm. He is now suffering from severe hand pain. The right shoulder hurts him so he quited badminton. Please help him.
A spinal cord injury is a damage to the spinal cord. It’s an extremely serious type of physical trauma that’s likely to have a lasting and significant impact on most aspects of daily life.
The spinal cord is responsible for sending messages from the brain to all parts of the body. It also sends messages from the body to the brain. We are able to perceive pain and move our limbs because of messages sent through the spinal cord.
If the spinal cord sustains an injury, some or all of these impulses may not be able to ‘get through’. The result is a complete or total loss of sensation and mobility below the injury. A spinal cord injury closer to the neck will typically cause paralysis throughout a larger part of the body than one in the lower back area.
A spinal cord injury is often the result of an unpredictable accident or violent event. The following can all result in damage to the spinal cord:
- a violent attack such as a stabbing or a gunshot
- diving into water that’s too shallow and hitting the bottom
- trauma during a car accident (specifically, trauma to the face, head and neck region, back, or chest area)
- falling from a significant height
- head or spinal injuries during sporting events
- electrical accidents
- severe twisting of the middle portion of the torso
Some symptoms of a spinal cord injury include:
- problems walking
- loss of control of the bladder or bowels
- inability to move the arms or legs
- feelings of spreading numbness or tingling in the extremities
- pain, pressure, stiffness in the back or neck area
- signs of shock
- unnatural positioning of the head
If you suspect that someone has a back or neck injury:
- Don’t move the injured person – permanent paralysis and other serious complications may result
- Call 911 or your local emergency medical assistance number
- Keep the person still
- Place heavy towels on both sides of the neck or hold the head and neck to prevent them from moving until emergency care arrives
- Provide basic first aid, such as stopping any bleeding and making the person comfortable, without moving the head or neck
Because spinal cord injuries are often due to unpredictable events, the best you can do is reduce your risk.
Some risk-reducing measures include:
- always wearing a seatbelt while in a car
- wearing proper protective gear while playing sports
- never diving into water unless you’ve examined it first to make sure it’s deep enough and free of rocks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.