Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashria
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. AshriaYour feedback matters!
As you age, the cartilage cushioning your joints starts wearing down, causing the bones to rub against each other. This causes osteoarthritis, which is a type of degenerative disease caused. The rubbing of the bones causes inflammation of the joints. The joints of the arms and legs along with the lower back are most commonly affected by this condition.
Here are some common symptoms, which indicate that you are suffering from osteoarthritis:
1. Pain and tenderness: An aching back, knees, neck and hip with severe pain are some of the most common symptoms of osteoarthritis. The pain caused during the early stage of arthritis is classified into tenderness and pain. A sharper pain may be felt while moving the affected joint in a certain way. Tenderness is the discomfort experienced when the joint is pressed along with visible swelling in the affected area.
2. Joint stiffness: Joint stiffness is another early symptom of osteoarthritis. It refers to the wooden feeling, which makes a person feel slow and sluggish. The urge to rest or go to bed should be resisted. Warming up the joints with gentle exercise or moving around cause relief. It also helps in reducing the stiffness and you can continue your regular activities with more ease.
3. Abnormal sensations: When the cartilage wears down, the rubbing of the bones against each other may lead to some abnormal sensations. Grating of the joints is common in people with osteoarthritis. One may feel that their joints are cracking or clicking while moving.
4. Loss of flexibility: People who are in their early stages of osteoarthritis may face difficulty with moving the areas which are affected. This joint stiffness and pain may lead to a loss of flexibility or loss of range of motion. Range of motion refers to the extent up to which one can move his joints normally. In case you are not being able to bend your knee fully or as far as you would have done it normally, you might be experiencing osteoarthritis.
Loss of flexibility occurs slowly and gradually. A person may hurt his back unusually during a football game or may experience a stiff back in the morning after waking up. This gets more intense with time. In the later stages, you may experience joint pain even while resting.
In case you experience any symptoms of osteoarthritis, you must consult a doctor immediately. The doctor will provide you with a plan aimed at managing and getting a quicker relief from the pain caused due to osteoarthritis. Several over-the-counter medicines, braces for supporting affected joints and range of motion exercises are also effective ways of managing osteoarthritis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Morning wake up time right side mid&upper back pain, and after food digestive problem with some times back pain is coming, also head ache&spinning problem.
I am 31 years old. I am suffering with body pains especially knee pain. I am used to go for playing volleyball. previously I went a doctor near to my place he said that you don't have sufficient strength in your legs due to play of volley ball regularly.
My knee ligament tore when playing football in teen age. Now I am 44 years old. Took MRI of knee and found three ligament tore. Now I feel some pain after a sleep of resting more time like sitting. I can not apply load suddenly. After a while it adjust to take load. please advice surgery can cure my problems.
I am 20 years old and I am having many many health issues like eye floaters, stiff neck, back ache, bad teeth, stomach problem, heart ache and other problems which rise day by day and I notice them as I was younger. And they seem going worst year by year. Also I was born twin. I heard one among two twins is always weak. Is it so. I went to doctors they say you are fine. But trust me I am dying. Somw docs treat me but nothing good happens.
I am suffering from burning pain along food pipe - frequent throat pain symptoms - muscles pain-hand and legs fingers pain - and weight loss.
1. Heat or cold therapy.
Try using hot packs or ice packs on the knee where it hurts for 10 to 15 minutes few times a day as tolerated. Usually ice therapy helps control inflammation and reduces pain immediately.
2. Stretching and strengthening exercises
Hamstring stretch: lay on your back and tie a strap to the ankle. Now lift leg straight up till you feel stretch behind your knee and thigh.
Hold 15 seconds. Repeat 3 times each side.
Quadriceps stretch: stand on one leg and holding onto a chair for support. Now using your hand bend the knee as much possible. Keep leg straight and you will feel a stretch in front of your thigh. Hold for 15 seconds. Repeat 3 times each side.
Quad sets: sit with your legs straight. Tighten knee and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times on both sides. You can also put a folded towel under the knee.
Straight leg raise: lay on your back. Lift one leg straight up and lower slowly. Repeat 10 times on both sides.
Sitting leg raises: sit up straight in a chair. Straighten one leg and hold 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times each side.
3. Walking and other activities.
Start slow and keep at it. Walking can ease joint pain, strengthen leg muscles, improve posture, and improve flexibility. It's also good for your heart.
The exercises that are easy on the knees include biking, swimming, and water aerobics. Water exercise takes weight off painful joints. Being active may also help you lose weight, which takes pressure off joints.
How much exercise?
Thirty minutes a day is a good goal. Start small, such as 10 minutes every alternate day. If you don't have pain, exercise more to reach 30 minutes goal.
When you start to exercise, you may feel mild soreness in muscle and thats normal. Check with your doctor if you want to try over-the-counter pain relievers to help the soreness. Ice can also help. Don't ignore pain in your joints, though. Contact your doctor if you have any. Physiotherapy can help and treatments such as ultrasound therapy, interferential therapy, tens, etc are combined with specific exercises to improve knee flexibility and strength.