Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar TYour feedback matters!
I am 14 yr old I have really very dry and little bit dark skin how should I get soft and clear skin.
I am facing a lot of hair fall and dandruff eventhough hair fall is since 6 years but due to lot of dandruff since 2 months I am facing worst hair fall please suggest me remedies including treatments.
Suddenly there are many white hairs on my head and many pimples on my face. Can you please consult me wid some medicines.
Sir/Madam my panty is mostly wet while sleeping with white bleeding it cause itching in daytime. Please suggest wat should I do I always have itching.
Lice are miniscule insects which generally germinate within the head of the infected person by laying eggs and sucking blood from the scalp of the head. Lice infection is generally viral and is heavily contagious in nature. It is generally advisable to treat lice infection properly due to its contagious nature. The causes behind lice infection are skin-to-skin contact with the infected person or sharing bedding or combs with the infected person and living in unhygienic places.
The symptoms of lice infections are extreme scratching at the scalp region due to the presence of the lice. Ayurveda can work as a useful remedy for lice infections. The most common ayurvedic remedies for lice infection are as follows:
- You can apply onion juice on the scalp region and rinse it after 1 hour.
- A juice of Indian hemp might be applied to the scalp region.
- An application of a crushed paste of seetaphal before going to sleep.
- A mixture of phitkari and water can be applied regularly to the scalp region of the head.
Though a preliminary application of the Ayurvedic mixtures tends to remove a layer of the lice, all the eggs are nearly impossible to destroy in the first dosage, if the infection has been there for a long period. For the complete extermination of lice, the prescribed mixture should be applied again. In order to prevent lice infection, you can wash the clothes, stuffed toys, combs etc. with warm water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
It's been two months with eczema still not cured. Have consulted a doctor he prescribed cetcip tablet tenovate gn cream and candiforce 200. Had this for two months regularly still it comes up again.
Hello my age is 31 complete and 32 running. My hair has gone white (almost 40%) ad I need to use hair-color for the past 6 years now. Even my shave is going white now (almost 30%). Is there any remedy in homeopathy to cure it? can I have black hair again? please help me with this. I am unmarried and want to have black hair.
I am having dandruff and itching. Please suggest me best shampoo for that which are available in market. 2 times Lybrate drs suggest me shampoo which are not available in markets and even in Internet and unable lo get them.
Hello doc, I met with an accident yesterday. I have developed big devil marks (insensitive skin that did not bleed) on my arm and leg. How do I treat them.
Hi I'm a male or boy I roam in the sun everyday my skin looks and has become dark and black please tel me wat should I do or wat should I apply on my face and body please tel me plz.
Psoriasis is a skin condition marked by red, itchy and scaly patches on the skin although the problem of psoriasis extends to even deeper parts under the skin. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis. The common factor among these associated conditions is understood to be inflammation.
Here's a list of associated conditions of psoriasis.
1. Obesity - People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
2. Cancer - People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
3. Diabetes and high cholesterol - High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
4. Kidney disease - According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
5. Peptic ulcers and mood disorders - In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition.