Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar TYour feedback matters!
Hii. Why dermatologist do not recommended to put oil in hair sum say hairs die if we put oil in it plzz clear it by your views. Ty :)
Hi I am having acne pores and dark spots on my face. Please let me know best cream I can use so that small pores can be reduced and black spots can be removed.
How to reduce dandruff from my son's hair he is about 15 years and it is causing him a lot of problem?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet I am not sure what else I do can you please help me with this?
Sir, I feel severe pain in my left hand 4th finger nail (at the point of nail end and skin) whenever some thing touches around there or some minor rubbing on it. But at usual condition there is no issue in my nail while functioning my hand ,finger. And its is very long prolonged problem. Kindly advice.
I have skin problem in left leg I tried some medicines it work for while a month than again same condition.
I am 20 year old and my height 6.0 but my weight so reduce. How to gain my weight & muscles? Please tell me.
I have white skin on a face but I have pimples and I have used some medical creams for prevent their is no use.
Hi I have a problem about my hair fall I consult many doctors and follow their suggestions but my my problem still not solved. My hair fall down since 1 years please help me.
I have hair fall problems how I solve this problem I used lemon +coconut oil since 3 month is it not harmful my hair?
I have Grey hair since I was 14 years old. I'm quite healthy and have a proper diet. What can be the reason and how can I remedy this?
I am losing hair quickly can you tell me what can be done to stop hairfall and and how to improve in hair growth and can we get hair on bald spot again?
My daughter has rashes (skin colour) all over her face and neck and some on hand and leg from last 10 days. 5 days back she had fever (101f) for 2 days. After that there was no fever but rashes were there. From yesterday night she has fever again (100.5). She is dull when fever increases but rest of the time she is ok. appetite has gone down but she is still eating at least 3 meals, less in quantity though. Medication:- fever - crocin 250 mg (3.5 ml) Cough and cold :- maxtra (5 ml twice) Rashes:- atarax (5 ml twice). Cetafil and calamine. Please suggest.
Healthy, luscious hair is what everyone wants. But for maintaining healthy hair, a good brand of shampoo is not enough on its own. One needs to inculcate certain habits and avoid other ones in order to keep their hair healthy.
Here are 7 tips to how you can keep your hair healthy. Read on more to find out all about it.
- Regular Haircuts: Avoiding regular haircuts is actually detrimental for healthy hair. In order to grow long hair regular haircuts are much needed as otherwise the ends would split and dry. Regular trimming reduces the chance of breakage and split ends and you should go for a trim once every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Keep it natural: Keeping your hair in its natural way is the best way to keep it healthy. Although doing that during the week could be a problem if you have long hair, specialists recommend that you keep your hair 'on rest' during the weekend. This includes letting it dry naturally, not using styling products and avoiding using headbands or tying up your hair in ponytails.
- Scalp care: If regular shampoo use is not stopping you from scratching your head, consult a doctor. Itches tend to traumatize the scalp, which weakens the roots of the hair follicles.
- Eat healthy and take in a lot of protein: Eating healthily and making sure that a healthy amount of protein finds its way in your diet is another sure shot way of maintaining healthy hair. Iron is another mineral required, which helps you to maintain those luscious locks.
- Try avoid hot tools: Blowing your hair dry sure makes it dry faster, but it also takes away the natural moisture making it dry. If you have to use blow dryers, use them at a cooler setting and turn them at a lower velocity. This might take more of your time but it keeps your hair healthy as well.
- Deep condition: Go for a deep conditioner once every week as this keeps your hair both hydrated and healthy.
- Wear hats: If you are going out in the sun a lot, wear hats as they prevent the scorching heat of the sun from sapping all the moisture from your hair.
Related Tip: "How to Maintain Good Hair Health"