Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, sir I am anitha, ow a days I becoming so dark, my necks become so dark, I want a fairer skin, just suggest me some creams to become naturally fair without any side effects because I going to get married in few months, I am so depress because of becoming dark.
I am 19 years old male, having blood with stool. Blood is not coming mixed with stool, coming separately Condition of blood: normal fresh red liquid Condition of stool: normal yellow. No Pain At All. Is it cancer? I want the matter to be clear to me. But Today When I was Stooling there was no blood at all like before.
How to remove tanning fast with home remedy? Please suggest easiest method. As after one month my sisters wedding is there. So I want to remove tanning in one month or as soon as possible .
I am 25 year old. 1 week back I found small lump inside my right side breast and it s paining when I touch (press). Is this serious problem?
I'm only 19 and I have black dots on my face and it looks more dark in sun. What should I do to remove it.
I am female in my face has full of pimples how to remove the pimples and how to improve skin tone of the my skin please help me.
I am having some problems in my skin. It is causing some problems it makes me feel uncomfortable by Itching every time. Some of them are turning red while itching. Please Help me in this Issue.
hello doctor. I had small rashes on my legs and thighs. At the roots of hair on skin. But not getting itching r pain. Its looks ugly. So I can not wear shorts. So please tell me how can I get rid of it. Thank you.
I mentioned that I got a small patch my lower lip after I peeled the skin so one of doctor in Lybrate suggested me to apply tricort ointment which is not available so please suggest something which should be available.
I m 28 years male my skin is oily since 1 month I got small blackheads on my forehead I take care of my skin well still why it came. Please advise.
Vegetables are wonderful for maintaining healthy skin
10 reasons why you should include cucumber to your diet
Cucumbers are said to have the following benefits: Potential antidiabetic, antioxidant activity, cleansing action of toxins and waste, soothing effect against skin irritation, and prevention of constipation. And here are 10 health benefits of cucumbers in more details.
1. Help you stay hydrated
Cucumbers are 95.2 percent water, which means that a 5-ounce serving contains 4.8 ounces or 150 ml water. That’s already about 26 percent of your daily water intake through food.
2. Support heart health
Cucumbers contain potassium (152mg per cup), which can help lower blood pressure. A review of the best studies conducted on potassium intake showed that a higher intake “is associated with lower rates of stroke and might also reduce the risk of total cardiovascular disease.”
3. Protect your brain from neurological diseases
An anti-inflammatory substance called fisetin is present in cucumbers, as well as strawberries and grapes
It has recently been suggested that fisetin plays an important role in brain health: It would have “the ability to reduce the impact of age-related neurological diseases on brain function,” and it would also help maintain cognitive function in people with Alzeimer’s disease.
4. Protect your skin against the effects of aging
There is a reason why cucumbers are used in skin care: They have been shown to be effective as a potential anti-wrinkle agent in cosmetic products, protecting our skin form the effects of aging.
5. Fight inflammation in the body and reduce the risk of Cancer.
Cucumbers can help lower the inflammatory response in the body. They contain polyphenols called lignans, which can potentially reduce the risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases.
They also contain plant nutrients called cucurbitacins, which have anti-cancer properties: “Scientists have already determined that several different signaling pathways required for cancer cell development and survival can be blocked by activity of cucurbitacins”.
6. Relieve Pain
Flavonoids, which are anti-inflammatory substances, and tannins in cucumbers have both been shown to limit the release of free radicals in the body and to reduce pain.
As explained in the Journal of Young Pharmacists, “traditionally, this plant is used for headaches; the seeds are cooling and diuretic, the fruit juice is used as a nutritive and as a demulcent in anti-acne lotions.”
7. Reduce bad breath
Bad breath is usually caused by bacteria in the mouth. Fiber and water-rich vegetables like cucumbers can boost your mouth’s saliva production, which in turn helps wash away the bacteria that cause the odor in the mouth.
8. Protect your bones
Cucumber are a good source of vitamin K: One cup contains 22 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin K. This vitamin is essential for bone health, as low vitamin K intakes have been associated with a higher risk for bone fracture. Vitamin K is also important for improving calcium absorption in the bones.
9. Prevent constipation
Cucumbers are rich in water, and their skin contains insoluble fiber. Both water and fiber help food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily, helping prevent constipation.
10. Maintain a healthy weight
Cucumbers are very low in calories (16 calories per cup) and they also contain fiber in the skin. And foods that contain fiber can help maintain a healthy weight.
How to increase height and gain weight naturally? How to get white skin tone? How to increase eye sight? Please Suggest me natural ways.
Chemical Peel Treatment is ideal for:
- Skin Pigmentation problems- Due to the harmful effects of sun exposure and pollution,drugs,hormonal problems,burns,etc. many people fall victim of skin pigmentation. A chemical peel treatment can be of great help in such cases.
- Complexion lightening- If one’s skin has become darker over time and wants to regain their original complexion, then chemical peel treatment can be of great help.
- Skin Rejuvenation- Due to clogged pores and/or due to prolonged stress one’s skin may start to look dull and lack freshness. By using a light or medium peel the skin glow and health can be improved.Acne and superficial post acne marks and scars
Benefits of Chemical Peels:
- Enhanced skin texture- One of the secondary benefits a person gets from a chemical peel treatment is enhanced skin texture. Hence, apart from removing scars and blemishes chemical peels also bring up a fresh layer of skin which is not only smooth in texture but is radiant too.
- Reduced Fine Lines- Chemical peels are also readily used for the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines. By damaging the outmost skin layer with a chemical solution in a controlled manner it is made to peel off. What is exposed afterwards is a skin that is more firm and free of fine lines.
- Safe -Chemical peel treatment is by far one of the safest among others. . If done appropriately, they are free of side effects and give good results if the patient is selected appropriately.
- Attractive Results- Most people who go for chemical peel treatments are satisfied with the end results. The cost of the treatment is easily affordable, and the recovery time is quite minimal, making it one of the most preferred treatments for multiple skin problems.