Find numerous Vascular Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Vascular Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Vascular Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Kumar Dhanaraj
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar DhanarajYour feedback matters!
It is a pain on my wrist due to a pressure occurred on my vain, suggest some medicine to overcome swelling and pain, due to vain blockage.
Coronary artery disease is characterized by accumulation of plaque in the coronary artery that chokes blood supply to the heart. This plaque buildup usually starts with cholesterol accumulation and gradually other particles such as calcium and lipoproteins get deposited as well. Over time, the plaque accumulates, making the blood vessels narrow and choking the supply of blood. In some cases, if the plaque ruptures, it may lead to formation of blood clots resulting in stroke.
The symptoms of coronary artery disease are:
- Breathing difficulties: This disorder may lead to shortness of breath as the blood pumping mechanism of the heart is impaired; this usually results in fatigue and exertion. It is advised to avoid advanced cardio exercises such as the high intensity interval training.
- Chest pain: Stress related activities may cause intense pressure or tightness in your chest, resulting in pain in the middle or left portion of your chest. If you discontinue the activity, the pain would usually subside. In some cases, you may feel the pain in the arm and the neck.
- Heart attack: If the level of plaque accumulation is excessive, then it may result in a heart attack. It is characterized by breathing difficulties, pain, tightness in the chest and sweating. You may also experience pain in the neck and the jaw.
The causes of coronary artery disease are:
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle ups the risk of coronary artery disease
- High cholesterol levels in the body
- Blood sugar problems
- Get your blood pressure under control: If you suffer from high blood pressure, then it is recommended to get it under control to prevent coronary artery disease.
- Quit smoking: If you are a habitual smoker, then it is time to nip the habit in the bud. Smoking is known to constrict blood vessels as it is a vasoconstrictor.
- Eat healthy: Eat a well balanced diet consisting of vegetables and fruits so that your body receives the essential nutrients to function well.
- Beat stress: You need to control your stress levels through exercise or meditation. Take time off work and do activities that make you happy.
In my sister's elbow armpit there is a swollen vein like something and it's very painful. Can you tell me please what it is and how to get rid of this and how can get temporary relief.
Hello, I have numbness in hands difficulty in grip and weakness in hands plus have varicose veins. My weight is 80 kg, height 4'11" and hypothyroidism.
What is heart failure?
Heart failure is a condition in which the heart does not pump well. This causes the heart to lag behind in its job of moving blood throughout the body. As a result, fluid backs up in the body, and the organs in the body do not get as much blood as they need. This can lead to symptoms, such as swelling, trouble breathing, and feeling tired.
What are the symptoms of heart failure?
If your heart does not pump well, at first you might have no symptoms. But as the condition gets worse, it can cause:
●tiredness or weakness, or make you feel lightheaded or dizzy
●trouble breathing, which might lead you to be less active or to need extra pillows at night to sleep
●a racing heartbeat, even while resting
●swelling in your feet, ankles, and legs or in your belly
How is heart failure treated?
●take your medicines every day as directed. They can reduce the chances that you will need to go to the hospital, have a heart attack, or die. They can also reduce or get rid of your symptoms.
●tell your doctor if you can't afford your medicines. He or she might have ways to reduce the cost of your medicines.
●tell your doctor if your medicines cause side effects or other problems. Your doctor might be able to switch to another medicine or lower your dose so that you do not have that problem.
Other treatments for heart failure include devices to help the heart pump with more force or to beat at the right rhythm, and surgery to improve blood flow to the heart or replace the heart.