Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old and I had pain in my right arm last 4 months. I had consulted the doctor who had given 20 days medicine but pain not been removed.
I am suffering from mcl tear last 10 days ortho spcl said me cylindrical cast for 30 days is it okay.
I have lowback pain from 3 yrs, my mri report is disc buge in L2-L3 region. doctors suggested me bed rest and they treated me symptomatically. Is there any permanent solution for this?
I always feel heavy on the right side of my body from head to toe. Severe pain in my right shoulder and feet. Is it symptom for any disorder? also my husband is suffering from severe pain in his right arm. He is unable to lift his hand completely, he is not getting relief from any kind of medicine or massage.
Whenever I walk half km, my legs started pain and after That swelling starts from the foot to the knee. So kindly give me the resolution for that.
I'm having pain in my lower neck shoulders shoulder blades. I consulted a doc and he said that it is nerve trap and he give some tablets but the pain didn't decrease. I'm having this pain from last 8-10 months its unbearable. Is there any diagnosis for this pain.
I am guy of 23.5 years. I have been suffered from back ache for at irregular times. Even if I lay my back on the bed, I still feel the hurting. It's not reducing completely. What is the problem with me? Is it severe or not?
Hi I am a 49 year old man. I have pain in both the since last 4-5 years. I am a civil engineer and my job concern with teamendous movement here & there. I was take somany treatment in last 2-3 years but no result. What I should do now?
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.