Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha Mahilmaran
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Asha MahilmaranYour feedback matters!
I am 39. I take telsartan active 40 and roseday 5 every night. I was 106 kgs a few months back but now have reduced to 90 kgs. I walk regularly for an hour daily. I do consume liquor regularly and smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day. I am constantly worried about my cardiac health. Always worried about my heart. I have a lot of health anxiety. How do I get rid of this stress?
I have low blood pressure problem. Feeling weakness. What diet or medicine I should take to feel good?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain when ever I caught hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am 59 years old lady having diabetics and b. P. I am having stomach problems and tongue heavy (may be fungus). Gas and constipation is the main reason. Difficulty to smooth motioning. I am taking now softovac now, before I took lacti fibre fo9r 9 months but the motion is coming in small goals in starting and sit between the face of the tubeand I have to remove with my had every time. Sometimes last two three days I am feeling something biting and everytime feeling to go to toilet for motion. I am also taking cyra (big) in empty stomac also. If you please give me a remedy for this long standing problem. About 9 months now I done endoscopy there was bacteria and rash in the stomac and they treated me and after that also gas is not ending I took so many medicines for that also. Thanks.
Neck pain ,back side of the center of chest, gas problem and severe acidity problem, diagnosed as hiatus hernia, spondlysis, knee pain osteo arthritis, diabetes, heart blocks- already on allopathy medication - glimpride-1 mg - 1-0-0, glycomet 500 mg-1-1-1, Pan-40- 1-0-1, Seloken 12. 5 mg- 1-0-0, ismo-20 mg-1-0-0, clopid75 mg-0-1-0, Tricheck 20 mg -0-0-1, Attorvas statin 10 mg--0-0-1,- My B.P- 120-80- after medication is 110-70, sugar level- 110- fasting ,170 post lunch, My HDL-44, LDL-42, serum total cholesterol-100, triglycerides-72 ,hb1c-10.8,HGB- 11.6, is there any permanent treatment for any of these problems, how do one take treatment along with allopathy. Sincere verified advice.
I am 65 male. My blood sugar is coming down since last few months. Now it reached 74. What precaution I have to take to keep the blood sugar level correct. What is the FBS low level ? What medicine I have to take to keep correct level ? My FBS reduced from 100, 90, 85, 80 and now 74. Please advice.
A sensation of pain in the chest is almost automatically associated with having a heart attack. While it is true that it is one of the best indicators of a heart attack, there are quite a few other things which can cause one’s chest to pain and not all need to necessarily be as time critical as a heart attack. So, what are the various things one should be aware of when it comes to pain in the chest? In order to understand chest pain better, it is first very important to understand the various types of chest pain better! So, there is a sharp pain, its opposite which happens to be a dull pain, burning, aching, stabbing pain, as well as a crushing sensation.
Let’s start with the elephant in the room, which is medically known as myocardial infarction or referred to as the infamous heart attack. This occurs when the muscle cells, which are located in the heart die on account of not enough blood flowing through the heart. In simple terms, the best way to get to know that one is having a heart attack is when the person feels a seriously crushing pain in the centre or the left side of the chest. What could be said to be unique about this type of pain is that resting does not make it better.
- Another condition of the heart which is often mistaken by the layman for a heart attack happens to be myocarditis. Inflammation of the heart muscle leads to fatigue and a fast beating of the heart. The person would also experience some difficulty breathing.
- Heart disease can come in multiple forms and one of those is known as CAD or Coronary Artery Disease. When there is a blockage in the blood vessels of the heart, the pain [which is known as angina] is caused by this blockage. The probably solitary source of good news is that permanent damage to the heart is not caused by CAD!
- That being said, a heart attack is a greater possibility. The pain in the chest could spread to the jaw or the back, or even the arm. The sensation is that of the body part being squeezed. The first thing to be done when angina occurs is to rest in order to lower the pain.
- While these conditions have focused on the heart, pneumonia affecting the lungs can cause deep chest ache. It causes a cough and chills. There is also likely to be pus from the respiratory tract which is coughed up!
- Asthma is yet another respiratory issue which could cause chest pain! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.