Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ArunaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old. I am having heavy bleeding and heavy clots for past 20 days. I need to know the reason for this. Please do help me on this.
I am married for over 2.5 years now. Trying for a baby but couldn't succeed. More importantly I am losing interest in sex. Please advise.
My girlfriend and I (18 years old) were fooling around sexually and I took my cloths off and she was in her underwear. My penis rubbed against her vagina several times but I did not ejaculate or penetrate. Plus I might have touched my penis while it was wet before pleasuring her vagina. We are scared that she might become pregnant and we can't buy control pills. It's been 2 days since that happened and she's not showing any signs.
What are the best possible things which can be done to have normal delivery instead of cesarean.(i mean to say any exercises, food to have and avoid etc)
I am suffering from white discharge, since April 16. As per clinical test klebsiella pneumoniae was found. I have visited AIIMS hospital delhi. Prescribed medicine taken, again clinical test done. It was found -ve (sterile). But after one month it's again start discharging. Last period was 01st Oct. Kindly suggest.
In today’s world, females have advance techniques available for shaping up their breasts. It is a part of their overall persona and beauty. Breast augmentation is one of the greatest plastic surgery operations that is done in hospitals across the globe.
Gone are the days, when you would sit back at home and blame nature for your saggy breasts. You have the gift of plastic surgery at your rescue. Breast augmentation can enhance the beauty of your breast and uplift its features. In this process, the implant is put under the pectoral muscle so that you can still breastfeed your infant if needed.
The process is executed with the help of a small 4 cm incision. The recovery process takes a week’s time. Breast augmentation can be carried out in a surgical centre or in any hospital’s outpatient facility. It doesn’t require a hospital stay in most cases. In some selected cases only, the procedure is done using local anaesthesia. In those cases, the patient stays awake. The breast region is made numb.
What to expect during the procedure?
The woman opting this must know what all are expected to happen during the procedure. The surgeon will insert the breast implant by making a single cut in one of the following three areas:
1. In the crease under breast
2. Underarm (axillary)
3. Around the nipple (periareolar)
After the incision is done, the surgeon will try and separate the breast tissue from the patient’s muscles and connective tissue. This will lead to the creation of a pocket either behind or in front of the pectoral muscle. After this, the surgeon will put the implant into the newly-created pocket. It will be centred behind the nipple.
Saline implants are put in an empty form and then filled with sterile salt water. Silicone implants are, however, pre-filled with silicone gel. After the implant is over, the cut is stitched with sutures and the skin is bandaged with adhesive and tape.
What to expect after the procedure?
For a few weeks, the patient might experience Soreness and swelling. It is also possible to develop bruises. Your scars will fade away with time. It is quite possible that the scars will not vanish permanently ever in your lifetime. You must wear a compression or sports bra at the time of healing. You might be required to take painkillers, as advised by the surgeon.
My periods are irregular, usually occurs every 2 month sometimes normally every month. After scanning a doctor told me that no problem to worry it is because of PCOD but ovulation is normal. Yesterday i felt a smaall amount of bleeding but my periods was on 31 jan. Is there any problem doctor?
I am a female 22 years old. I am suffering from itching in vagina and water discharge from vagina. And pain during sex for so many days. What should I do and what I am suffering from?
Hiiii doctor Iam sunitha I had a sex 2months before (October) After that 1st month I got my period regularlyAnd now 2month 12days over now iam having symptoms of getting period but No period Iam a pregnant?
I'm 15 years old. I have irregular periods. While my periods I cannot tolerate my stomach and back pain. Then I suffer with fever whenthis time. How can I get rid of this problems?
We had sex and after sex my wife noticed little blood from her vagina what can be the reason her hymen was broken long time back. Please advise.
Hi doctors I'm 36+6 weeks pregnant 2 cms dilated 40%effaced from past 4 days I will be in labor please tell me as I don't want baby to born in ths week. I want baby to born on Jan is that possible.
I am not able to eat well like it's only two chapatis per day in the sense that I do not get hungry and thirsty what would be my problem?
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium Phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in Homeopathy will help the patients get relief.