Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aruna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArunaYour feedback matters!
Madam, I am 28 years mother of 2 kids. My 2nd child is now 1.5 yrs. Before he born I had a problem. And its still there. Whenever I do intercourse I feel some burning sensation in my vagina. Even I could not touch there. Some times its getting worse. Thats why may be my sexual feelings getting low. I tried allopathy but its not helping. Need some suggestion please.
I am 26 years old and me and my wife are trying for baby. How many times we should indulge in intercourse for conceiving. Is it good to have sex during pregnancy?
I had to abort my last pregnancy in 6 months as the baby was found to be diagnosed with congenital heart disease .after a month I got torch test done and it says Rubella igg = 4.04 od ratio igm = 0.31 OD ratio Cmv igg= 1.81 od ratio igm =0.52 od ratio Please let us know what does this mean Does it say my baby had heart defect due to rubella as I heard this could be one of the reason for heart defects in foetus.
With a number of virus and other mosquito borne disease threats looming in, such as dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases. The number of cases are on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hello doctors, I want to know that, which medicine is safe during positive news in pregnancy, I have already 2nd half year old baby, so I don't want to take chance before four years, today I checked nd the report goes positive So pls help to get out of this position. What I do.
Types of sprouts and their benefits:
Bengal gram: Also known as chola or kala chana, bengal gram is available in dried as well as canned form. It is frequently and creatively used in various curries in the indian cuisine and notably, it contains zero percent alcohol. One cup of bengal gram contains 45 grams of carbohydrates that constitute about 65 percent of its total calorie content.
Types of sprouts bengal gram
Benefits of sprouted bengal gram:
- It has a high amount of dietary fiber which reduces the risk of diabetes, coronary disease, obesity, cancer, and digestive disorders.
- It is a rich source of vitamin b-6 or thiamin which plays a vital role in energy metabolism and the synthesis of neurotransmitters and hormones.
- It is rich in minerals, such as phosphorus, iron, manganese, and copper, which reduce the risk of anemia, arthritis, diabetes, and osteoporosis.
- An adult who takes a 2000-calorie diet needs 56 to 77 grams of protein daily and bengal gram can supply the required amount of protein to him/ her satisfactorily.
Green gram: Also called “mung”, these species belong to the legume family and is mainly grown in india, south east asia, and china. It is used in both spicy and sweet recipes.
Benefits of sprouted green gram:
- These sprouts have high amount of iron, fiber, and vitamins k, b, and c.
- Vitamin k prevents cardiovascular disease and maintains bone density. The vitamin also regulates bone mineralization and the process of blood clotting.
- Vitamin c is an antioxidant which preserves cell health by neutralizing the effect of free radicals. Vitamin c promotes skin health and reduces the risk of stroke, cancer, and common cold.
- Iron promotes immune health by promoting the growth of immune cells. Dietary science suggests that men should consume 8 milligrams of iron on a daily basis while women need 18 milligrams of iron to maintain a healthy red blood cell count. Green gram supplies adequate iron that helps to fulfill men’s and women’s dietary needs.
Bean sprouts: Bean sprouts are rich sources if vitamin c, proteins, and folate, and most importantly, they are low-calorie foods. Medical research suggests that men must consume 90 milligrams of vitamin c and women should consume 75 milligrams of the vitamin on a daily basis.
Benefits of sprouted bean gram:
Folate promotes the development of red blood cells. Folate also supports other functions such as dna synthesis, cell repair, cell maintenance, amino acid metabolism and the creation of erythrocytes and leukocytes.
Folate also reduces the risk of obesity, heart disease, and various types of cancers including colon cancer.
Alfalfa sprouts: Alfalfa sprouts are rich sources of vitamins c, k, and a, folate, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Benefits of sprouted alfalfa bean:
- Alfalfa sprouts are rich sources of calcium and potassium which promote bone growth and muscle health and help the body to maintain a normal heart beat.
- Alfalfa sprouts have high amounts of phytoestrogens which reduce the risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and cancer.
- Alfalfa sprouts contain saponins which reduce the level of ldl cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and boosts immune strength.
- The vitamins, present in alfalfa sprouts, promote good vision and cell growth.
Sunflower sprouts: Sunflower sees have now gained visibility in the health world due to its essential fatty acids, vitamins and mineral content. It is widely used as a snack by weight watchers.
Benefits of sunflower sprouts –
- Sunflower sprouts contain high amount of essential amino acids which promote muscle tissue repair.
- Sunflower sprouts are rich sources of b vitamins and vitamins d and e, minerals and phytonutrients, and folate which promote the health of pregnant women and their growing embryos.
- Sunflower sprouts are packed with antioxidants that support heart health, promote cellular recovery, and bring down the rate of the aging process.
- What is more appealing is that sunflower sprouts have very low calorie content and that is why, they can be a vital part of a weight loss diet.
- Sunflower sprouts contain minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, and copper which help the body to fight against a number of diseases.
Radish sprouts: These sprouts are noted for their high essential amino acid content and they are rich sources of vitamins a, b, c, e, and k as well.
Types of sprouts radish sprout:
Benefits of radish sprouts:
- Radish sprouts contain lignan which is an anti-carcinogenic substance.
- Radish sprouts support weight loss and boost the health of the immune system.
- They also promote the functions of the liver and the gall bladder.
- Radish sprouts provide relief to those who are suffering from jaundice by eliminating excess bilirubin from the blood.
- Radish sprouts also help to reduce the pain associated with constipation.
- Radish sprouts have a special role to play on women’s health as they relieve hot flushes and other menopause-related symptoms.
Red lentil sprouts (masoor): Red lentil sprouts are rich sources of protein and have a low calorie content compared to non-vegetarian sources of proteins such as meat and poultry. Hence, they form an essential part of a weight-watcher’s diet.
Benefits of red lentil sprouts:
- They contain high amounts of vitamin c, folate, and potassium.
- Vitamin c protects skin from pre-mature aging and reduces the risk of cancer, stroke, and common cold.
- Folate supports red blood cell development and supports many bodily functions such as cell repair and maintenance, amino acid metabolism, dna synthesis, and the development of leukocytes and erythrocytes.
Chickpea sprouts: Also known as “chana” in india, chickpea sprouts are rich sources of protein, vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and carbohydrates.
Benefits of chickpea sprouts –
- Dietary fiber promotes digestive health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and constipation.
- Chickpea sprouts form a great weight loss food for their high protein percentage and low fat content.
- They supply a high amount of vitamins and minerals to the body.
The word detox simply means to get rid of toxic or unhealthy substances. For many people when they hear the word detox, they immediately jump to physical detoxification. We don’t remember that our minds too need to detoxify. When our mind is cluttered and stressed it gives rise to more negative attitudes and a harmful mentality. Therefore, it is necessary to cleanse your outlook and your mind to lead a more fruitful and positive life.
There are numerous way in which you can detoxify your mind. Try the following methods to detox your mind:
1. Declutter your life
Get rid of all the things in your life which are no longer useful to you. When you rid yourself of unnecessary items you are creating room for better opportunities to come your way. A decluttered life gives you more breathing room which will reduce your stress levels and encourage a more positive attitude.
2. Keep a gratitude journal
Write down 5 things you are grateful for at the end of every day. They do not have to be life changing, they can be everyday events that make you smile. For example, being grateful that you made someone laugh today.
While it’s true that exercising has great physical benefits, it has great mental benefits too. Exercise releases endorphins which are feel good hormones. These hormones help the brain re-write itself in positive ways which gives you a more positive attitude. It helps you destress and can also help in dealing with depression.
4. Start appreciating the little things
Start noticing the everyday small goals you achieve. This helps build your self-confidence and self-esteem. When your self-esteem rises, you start to feel better about yourself and start to put away the toxic, negative feelings you have towards either yourself or others.
5. Practice relaxation techniques
Take 15 minutes of your day and try to practice some relaxation techniques. This could include meditation, acupuncture or yoga. Engaging in these activities help in calming your mind and ridding your body of stress and angst. Yoga has been proven to help reduce the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress.
My wife periods long up to 50 day but not in periods. We also done pregnancy test but its negative so what we do.
Homoeopathic remedies for flat chest in woman
- Sometimes a woman's breasts don't develop much during puberty but she remains" flat-chested" - without any or much palpable breast tissue. Typically, flat-chested girls do have a nipple that looks swollen or elevated, but for some reason the breasts don't grow in size at all. Flat-chested girls do get pubic hair and start menstruating just normally and their breasts do have milk glands - it's just that the breasts don't grow in size like most girls.
- Unfortunately experts like doctors and lactation consultants don't really know why this takes place. It is known that typically flat-chested women's hormone levels are just fine and they can often successfully breastfeed, so it may be that this represents a problem in the connective tissue inside the breast and not in the actual duct / alveoli system of the breast. It has been suggested that maybe flat-chested women's breast tissue is insensitive to normal levels of circulating hormones.
- But no matter what the cause, it won't hurt to eat healthy so as to give your body the best chance to have everything working properly.
- During pregnancy the breasts do usually develop more and grow in size, and flat-chested women can breastfeed and produce milk. A totally flat woman's breasts can grow to a a or even b cup during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. However, obviously with small'storage space' the baby might need to nurse quite often
- A flat chested woman is not abnormal in the sense that her breasts are functional and can make milk. She's also not abnormal in the sense that there are many many other women out there with a flat chest (or almost that). They typically used padded bras so you don't necessarily notice it from outside unless you know the person
- It is true that a flat-chested woman's breasts did not develop as most women's, and lack the fatness, but like already noted, it is not known why this is.
Flat breasts especially if associated with scanty periods respond miraculously to homoeopathic treatment
- Onosmodium - onosmodium is one of the best remedies for undeveloped breasts with infantile ovaries and uterus. The person experiences aching of breasts and itching of nipples. Menses too early and too profuse. Sexual desire completely destroyed. Soreness in the uterine region.
- Sabal serrulata - sabal serrulata is another best remedy for undeveloped breasts. Breasts undeveloped and shiveled with infantile uterus and ovaries. Suppressed or perverted sexual inclination.
- Onosmodium given infrequently followed by sabal serrulata - changed the life of young girls with atrophic breast.
- Iodum -iodum is effective for undeveloped breasts with loss of flesh with great appetite. Great debility, the slightest effort induces perspiration. All glandular structures atrophied. Dwindling of mammary glands
- Pusatilla, bryonia and belladonna - in cyclic rotation makes the breast became firm, roundish and smooth.