Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna Devi RYour feedback matters!
How to reduce blackness around the neck and armpits and closed areas and y? They r causing to the body to us.
I'm balding very fast from the frontal area suggest any remedy to stop it and promote hair regrowth.
Hlo Dr. My name rahul I have some dark spot and so many pimple so please help me out and I avoid oily things also so call me immediate basis.
Hello, I want to ask about the therapy to stop spreading white hair. About 4-5 years ago whitening of my hair started but it was limited to head only. Now 60% of hair is white. Now whiteness spread to beard too. Firstly it was 2-3 now it reached to 10-12 in a span of 2 months. Can you please tell me how to stop them. I am 27 yo and unmarried. It is very embarrassing situation.
I have pimples im using biomycin and panderm+ then also not improving what to do please help my age is 19.
Hair loss has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self-esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss has long-term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside which prevents them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with the body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of the mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall.
1. Dietary modifications - It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea, and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts, and milk.
2. Yoga and meditation - Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
3. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil - Bhringaraja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.