Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna Devi RYour feedback matters!
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
I have hair problem so I came to know amla is best for hair so I brought it but how shall I consume that?
Dear sir Day by day my skin getting dark. I am really upset with it. In my neighbour there is a boy his skin was black but now he looks very much white. please help me.
I'm having a baldness problem. What are the basic precautions to take? Is there a solution for this?
Sir l am losses hair daily sir which soap and hair cleaner used to recover my hair, sir best soap name write.
My hair is fall out in upper left side of head making 3-4 cm diameter circular portion clean. It now control but hair are not growing at that part. suggest me best way please.
I am 20 year old but I am looking still young I have no beard and mustache is there any solution for coming this beard and mustache. Or is there any methods for this.
I have problem backbone some times it pains more also and I want to grow my hair on my face means dhadi. Give some medicines. Or tell me what to do?
Hii sir, I mean suffered from acne please help My skin type is oily Pleshey help sir very grateful to you.
Exposure to sun's rays allows the skin to absorb produce vitamin D in the body, however, overexposure to the same can wreak havoc on your skin. So the next time you are going out, consider the effects of sun overexposure on the skin and take precautions accordingly.
Over exposure to the sun's rays can fasten the ageing process in the body. It does this by damaging the fiber in the skin that makes the skin elastic, resulting in sagging skin. It also slows down the healing process of the skin, thus cuts and bruises take longer time to heal.
Following are the various ways in which the sun can cause real damage to your skin:
- It may lead to benign tumors on the skin
- It may decrease the immunity levels of the skin, thus increasing the risk of various diseases such as basal skin carcinoma (cancer of the cells lining the epidermal layer of the skin) and melanoma.
- It may cause wrinkles and fine lines on your skin
- It may cause discoloration of the skin, leading to spots on the skin
- You may also get affected by freckles on your skin
Over exposure to the sun's rays also increases the risk of skin cancer as it may lead to damage of the DNA present on the skin. This may lead to an unhindered growth of cells, resulting in skin cancer. Apart from this, sun exposure may also increase oiliness in the skin and lead to acne breakouts.
There are a number of measures you may adopt to reduce the harmful effects of sun rays on your skin; they are:
- Wear protective clothing when you step out in the sun. Prefer full sleeved clothes and full length trousers or skirts as they will prevent the skin from being overly exposed to the sun.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF count of at least above 15 when you go out in the sun in order to protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet radiations of the sun.
- Remember to moisturize your skin as sun exposure may cause the skin to turn dry and flaky.
- Don't save your umbrellas only for rainy days, use them to avoid direct exposure to the sun.