Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun RaghavanYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, mera insulin ke bare mein jana he. Normal amount status insulin kitna hota he. Aur kam zada kaisa pata karun.
I have a pain on the back of my toe every morning. I have my uric acid levels increased to around 8. Please advise. Presently am on Tab Febugood 40.
The popular spice may help prevent and combat diabetes by acting as an insulin substitute for people with type 2 diabetes. Cinnamon itself has insulin-like activity and also can potentiate the activity of insulin. Cinnamon has a bio-active component that we believe has the potential to prevent or overcome diabetes.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones."
Also termed as diabetic eye disease, this is a disease in which the retina gets damaged due to diabetes. This usually leads to blindness. In most cases, as inferred from various studies, this affects people who have had diabetes for more than 20 years. Diabetic retinopathy can also be a problem for women during pregnancy. With proper monitoring and treatment, this disease can be cured. One major way to prevent this disease could be by regulating diabetes.
Signs and symptoms
Like many other eye disorders, this too has no warning signs. However, in general, people with macular edema are likely to have blurred vision, making it hard for the individuals to carry out tasks like driving and reading. In most cases, if not treated, the situations may worsen with time.
Stages of disorder
- Initial stage: In the initial stage, it is called non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. There are generally no visible symptoms and patients may even have a normal 20/20 vision. The only way to detect non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy is by fundus photography in which the microscopic bulges that are filled with blood can be detected in the artery walls. In case, the patient suffers from reduced vision, to see the back of the eye, a fluorescein angiography is performed. This way the blocked and narrowed retinal blood vessels are visible. The lack of blood flow due to blocked blood vessels is called ischemia. Macular edema can occur at any stage of non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. In this condition, the contents of the blood vessels leak into the macula region, thereby causing blurred vision, distorted images, etc. In such cases, optical coherence tomography can be carried out to show the areas in which retinal thickening has occurred.
- Second stage: The second stage is termed as proliferative diabetic retinopathy. In this stage, occurrence of new abnormal blood vessels is seen. These form at the back of the eye. These blood vessels are fragile and hence can easily burst and bleed, thereby causing the vision to blur. If this occurs for the first time, it may not be severe. Only a few specs of blood or spots floating on the visual field of the patients can be noticed. Within a few days, these spots may enlarge and the leakage of blood may increase, which can impact vision. The blood might take a few days till a year to clear entirely. In some circumstances, the blood might not clear at all. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Sir blood sugar test through lab is best or through accu check or onetouch is best because in lab last week shows 104/200 but today through onetouch meter shows 104/147 which is correct and accurate pls.
If you are looking for an effective treatment procedure for infertility, you should consider homeopathy. Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex. The biological inability of a man or a woman to conceive and have a full term pregnancy can also be referred to as infertility. Homeopathy is the most natural cure for infertility and there are several types of homeopathic medicines which treat infertility in both men and women.
Homeopathic Medicines for Infertility in Men
The top homeopathic medicines used for treating infertility in men are as follows:
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction
Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability are reduced. The genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is used when infertility or impotency results because of mental depression. The genitals stay relaxed and weak erections are likely. Selenium is used for erectile dysfunction featured by slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be indicated as a symptom.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count
The homeopathic medicine X-Ray is very effective in treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased, enhancing both the quantity and quality of sperm.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis
Conium is used for treating infertility in men, which occurs due to orchitis. The testicles get swollen, enlarged and hardened. Conium also helps patients with a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathic Medicines For Infertility In Women
The top homeopathic medicines for treating infertility in women are as follows:
Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges
Borax and Natrum Phos are effective homeopathic medicines used for treating infertility in women, which occurs because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are prescribed when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and sperm killing in nature. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm. Natrum Phos is used in the case of acrid, creamy and honey coloured discharge.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods
Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are ideal homeopathic medicines which are used in case of prolonged and profuse menstrual periods, and in the case of periods appearing before the usual time. Experiencing early menses is likely. The patient may experience anemia, leucorrhea, fatigue, tiredness and weakness along with menorrhagia.
Homeopathic treatment does not utilize the use of any kind of chemicals, and hence there are no side effects on the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting to take homeopathic medicines for infertility.
Hi! my dad is a diabetic patient, from past 6 months. He is being lisping and slurring while talking. Our current doctor says some vein has been damaged and there is no solution to it but to control sugar levels. I want to ask whether there is a solution to this problem or not? A bit urgent.
I am 35 years diabetic detected 6 months back My sugar levels are under control with diet and exercise. I do not take any medicines But I feel very hungry in night so I had a few dates so I had to urinate twice in the night Is it anything serious.
Hi, can you please help me with the problem s related to diabetes? I mean what are the problems that can arise post diabetes mellitus? and which symptoms appear at first?
I am using melmerby s/r 1000mg 1 morning and 1 night. My fbs 120mg and pps180. Please is it right level of my disbetes?
Mere father ki age 57 h or wo diabeties h un ko left pair m bht pain hota h like finger wo tablets v lete h breakfast s phle 'Amaryl'or rt ko dinner k bd 'NUROKIND PLUS'Lete h bt ab un k pain bht zyada ho rha h pori rat ho jati h neend ni aati Pls help me kya kare.
I m suffering from diabetes and blood pressure even I have sex problems. What should i do ? Please advice.
My mother has thyroid. She eat little. But her weight is constantly gaining. She takes the medicines of thyroid too. please tell a diet plan for her so that she can stay fit.
What is Type 1 Diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes develops when your immune system destroys the cells in your pancreas called beta cells. They are the ones that make insulin. Insulin helps to maintain glucose level in the blood. Glucose does not move into your cells if insulin is not present Because of insulin deficiency glucose remain non-utilized and its level built up in the blood. There is no particular cure for type 1 diabetes. Although, with proper treatment, individuals can live long and healthy lives.
Type 1 diabetes is more common in young age, but can happen at any age. Symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes: Symptoms of type1 diabetes are ordinarily progressive and become obvious rapidly, over a couple days to weeks, and are brought on by high glucose. High glucose or high blood sugar can hurt numerous parts of the body, for example, the eyes, heart, blood vessels, nerves, and kidneys.
Symptoms of type 1 diabetes include:
- Urinating a considerable measure; this might be more noticeable around the evening time. The kidneys are attempting to dispose off the overabundant sugar in the blood. To do that, they need to dispose off more water. More water means more urine.
- Being extremely thirsty is very common. This happens if you urinate so frequently that you lose enough water to wind up dehydrated.
- Unnecessary reduction weight without attempting. This happens in light of the fact that you are dehydrated. Weight reduction may likewise happen in the event that you are losing those sugar calories in your urine as opposed to using them.
- Increased appetite is another symptom. You feel hungry on the grounds that your body is not utilizing all the calories that it can. A large number of them leave your body in your urine.
- Hazy vision. At the point when sugar develops in the focal point of your eye, it sucks additional water into your eye. This changes the state of the focal point and makes your vision hazy.
- Feeling extremely tired. You feel tired for the same reason you feel hungry. Your body is not utilizing the calories you are eating, and your body is not getting the energy it needs.
- Youngsters may lack enthusiasm for their normal exercises.
- Flushed, hot, dry skin.
- Loss of appetite, stomach pain, and nausea.
- Quick and heavy breathing.
- Anxiety, sleepiness, trouble waking up or coma.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Hi sir I hv type 2 diabetes. From last 8 years. I am feeling so weak day by day. My joints are also weak. My face is looking very dull and have wrinkles. Please solve my these problems.
My sugar level is fasting 147 and PP is 240 after taking glimulin 3 mg twice 15 minute before meal and glycomet 1 g after meal twice. I am diabetic since 09 years.
I am a diabetic for the last 10 years. My self check diagonisis and the doctor's differs. For e.G. My fasting sugar shows 94 on my ACCUCHECK whereas the doctor's shows 132. This is happening for the last three times. I would like to know the reason.
Infertility is a condition where a couple, trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly.
Causes: There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process and any condition in the female or male can upset either function, which can make it difficult to conceive.
While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard. For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions.
Infertility Symptoms in Women
In women, changes in the menstrual cycle and ovulation may be a symptom of a disease related to infertility. Symptoms include:
- Abnormal periods. Bleeding is heavier or lighter than usual.
- Irregular periods. The number of days in between each period varies each month.
- No periods. You have never had a period, or periods suddenly stop.
- Painful periods. Back pain, pelvic pain, and cramping may happen.
Treatment: Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, intrauterine insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery. Male patients can go through a treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal and art or assistive reproductive technology.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like in vitro fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.