Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Raghavan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun RaghavanYour feedback matters!
I am a 38 years old female. I had a full body checkup and got the following tests in red. URIC ACID - 6.42, TOTAL CHOLESTEROL - 212, TRIGLYCERIDES - 428, VLDL CHOLESTEROL - 85.6, GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE (GGT) - 91, THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) - 20.5.
My mother has initial stage of diabetic nephrology with creatinine level 1.6 and 2+ proteinuria. Is it reversible? Are there any medicines for her kidney?
I have suffered from blood sugar and hypothyroid. I want to know that blood sugar symptoms produce due to hypothyroidism.
I am 42 years old male person. My blood sugar level in fasting is 77.16 and after meal is 123.8 .Is it normal or high?
I did my test of thyroid and found that my T4 level is low and its 4.42 what is that mean And T3 and TSH is in normal range.
I am 65 years male and has controlled diabetic type 2 using medicines. I am overweight and wish to go for fiber based diet in the evening meal. Pl. Guide as to what I should take in evening diet.
I am diabetic but love drinking red wine. I spend quite a sum in buying red wine. Is it beneficial or harmful?
Are you suffering from diabetes and are looking for ideal at home management remedies? Diabetes is a health condition, which occurs when the blood sugar level of the body rises. There are several ways following which you will be successfully able to manage your diabetes. They are as follows:
- Exercise regularly and track your workout patterns. Exercise is the most important lifestyle choice for a diabetic patient, which allows you to maintain a good shape. It boosts your body's metabolism rate and insulin uptake process. By taking notes on your exercising habits, you will be able to make timely and required changes.
- Stop consuming fast food. Try to abstain from eating outside food and reduce your intake of sugar, salt and high calorie food. Meal should be prepared at home using light ingredients and less amount of salt and sugar.
- Quit smoking as it is very harmful, especially if you are a diabetic. Smoking narrows your blood vessels, as a result of which, your blood circulation gets disrupted.
- Increase your fiber intake. Fiber is beneficial for all diabetic patients and helps in smooth functioning of your digestive processes. It also help in reducing your cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Take care and pay attention to your feet properly. You should wash your feet in lukewarm water regularly and dry them gently. You should moisturize your feet with a lotion. Check on your feet for cuts, sores, redness, swelling and blisters and consult a doctor in case of an unusual foot sore.
- Get your eyes checked frequently as diabetes affects your vision in serious ways, which may also lead to blindness. Regular eye checkups will help you to prevent retinopathy.
- Take proper care of your teeth which includes brushing and flossing at least two times every day. This is because diabetes makes you prone to several serious gum infections. Go for regular dental checkups if you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes and in case you observe swollen, red gums, consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid stress and adapt ways to eliminate stress. Your body hormones, which are produced in relation to intense stress, prevent insulin from working efficiently, which increases your blood sugar levels and stress levels further. Relaxation techniques are effective for dealing with stress.
- Opt for several small meals instead of a few large meals every day. This helps in keeping your digestive processes active, which in turn increase insulin sensitivity.