Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Kannan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Arun KannanYour feedback matters!
I Suffering from bulging disc in My L1S5 Region Due To Which It Gets Difficult For me to work out Please Suggest me some Solutions To permanently recovery.
I do marketing job so my question is continued drive then my back is pain so how to reduce of back pain I travel much more so give me suggestion of this problem.
I am 53 years old female , I am suffering from planter feshaites with pain in left leg since 1 year without any relief , please suggest what to do .
Are you aware of the health conditions - osteoporosis and gout? Both these conditions are associated with your joints and bones. They are both difficult diseases and require proper treatment.
Osteoporosis concerns the bones, in which the bones are at a risk of breaking due to decreased strength. This condition is quite common in elderly people with brittle bones.
Gout is a very painful form of arthritis and is featured by joint inflammation. The pain and inflammation occur due to the deposition of urate crystals in a joint when uric acid is present in excess in the body.
The symptoms of osteoporosis include pain and stiffening in a joint and swelling in the joints, especially in the thumbs, neck, knees and lower back. A patient’s skin may turn red and he may feel unusually hot.
Combined treatments are prescribed for osteoarthritis. Treatment aims at improving joint function, maintaining a healthy body weight, reducing pain and achieving a healthy lifestyle. Regular exercise is important for reducing pain, increasing flexibility and for improving blood circulation. You should take measures to lose weight in order to reduce the stress on the joints which bear weight. You should take sufficient amount of rest along with proper sleep. There are other alternative therapies for osteoarthritis treatment without the use of prescribed drugs. Hot and cold therapy is ideal for easing pain and increasing blood flow. Some forms of massage therapies are also ideal for giving relief to osteoarthritis pain.
There are several symptoms of gout, which occur all of a sudden. Intense joint pain is indicated and the large joint of the big toe is especially affected. It may also occur in the feet, ankles, knees, hands and wrists. The joint discomfort may last even after the intense pain subsides. The affected joints get swollen, arm, red and tender.
The treatment for gout aims at relieving severe pain and preventing future gout attacks along with long-term complications. The treatment methods include medicines and several home cure methods. Specific treatment is also prescribed based on the intensity of attacks and for preventing complications. As a part of long-term prevention methods, you should keep on taking your prescribed medicines, manage your body weight, exercise regularly and limit your intake of meat, seafood and alcohol.
Osteoarthritis and gout require timely diagnosis and treatment if you want to prevent them from worsening. You should consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of gout and osteoarthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Dear Sir I have been suffering heel pain from last 2 years Doctor advised me to put foot in cold water for 2 and half minutes and half a minutes in hot water. Start with cold water and end with also cold water. I have been doing this on different intervals. Wearing sports shoes and putting shoe cousins. Some time pain goes. Some time pain in alternate foot. I do take ayurvedic Ashtiposhak calcium daily. Pl advice how to get relief from this problem. Regards.
Spondylosis is a disease of the bone which involves wear and tear of the discs. The latter is the cushion between the joints of the neck and the neck bone. While it is mostly observed in aged people, it is not too uncommon among the youth as well. It can present with symptoms such as numbness, neck pain, headache, stiffness near the shoulder area etc. Ayurvedic treatment has been extremely promising in treating both cervical and lumbar spondylosis.
- The food connection: Ayurveda states that there is a close connection between Spondylosis and food. In Ayurvedic terms, an increase of Vata Dosha can lead to the problem of Spondylosis. For instance, consumption of frozen or processed food, sodas, junk food, low consumption of water, excess consumption of curried food heighten the chances of Spondylosis.
- Habits matter: As per the books of the Ayurveda, a reckless lifestyle increases the chances of Spondylosis. Habits such as day sleep, regular walking for a long distance, urging the suppression, rigorous exercise daily, work that involves bearing of weight on the neck, head and shoulder, night awakening etc. can wreak havoc and result in Spondylosis. On the other hand, healthy lifestyle changes can help a person refrain from this condition.
- Psychological Factors: Ayurveda states that even psychological factors can go a long way in making a person suffer from Spondylosis. Certain factors such as excess stress, loss of interest in day to day work, fear of failure, feeling of frustration, too much anger, grief resulting from personal loss etc. play a major role in Spondylosis.
Visible Symptoms of Spondylosis:
Some medical symptoms that can be easily identified as the signs of Spondylosis include fatigue, pain in the arm, shoulder and forearm, difficulty in functions pertaining to neck rotation, extension, joint stiffness, muscular spasm, headache, weakness in the arm, difficulty in movement, difficulty in muscle coordination etc.
Some ayurvedic treatments to deal with Spondylosis
- Mild Purgation- When milk, castor oil and Aragwadha phala majja are mixed together and applied to the neck area, the pain can be curtailed and gradual improvement is seen in a Spondylosis patient.
- Greeva Basti- A compound created with Bala Ashwagandhadi oil, Medicated oil and black gram paste is applied on the affected area. Regular application of this can regenerate the muscle bone and reverse Spondylosis to a considerable extent.
Ayurvedic Herbs For Spondylosis
Some ayurvedic herbs are known to be extremely beneficial for treating Spondylosis. When these are consumed or applied on the affected area, they can fetch surprising result for a Spondylosis patient. Some of these herbs include Prishniparni (Uraria picta), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Shunthi (Ginger), Bala (Sida cardifolia), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Gambhari (Gmelina arborea), Shallaki (Boswelia serrata), Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), Castor root (Ricinus communis) etc.