Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Neck Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Arthritis
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun KannanYour feedback matters!
Hello I have back pain problem since last 1 month. I tried better doctors but can't get relief in pain. Shell I get any help from you?
I am having joint pain from years. I am taking calcium medicines but still its there so what I should do?
What are High protein food which we can take daily and access of which has no any side effect. I want to increase level of protein in my body as per doctors I am facing leg muscles pain and hair graying due to low protein level.
My back bone is paining so I had get rid of it can you tell me how to over come this problem. please can you say anything.
Could you please tell me how long it tool to cure Ankylosing Spondylitis or medicine need to continue? I am on medicine for last 5+ years.
I have neck ache for last 4 years its very hard in only winter seasons what's the problem what should I do?
I am 18 years old and I am suffering from pain in my left arm. I try some analgesic but it didn't work. So kindly suggest me the best treatment for this.
I am suffering from osteoarthritis for the last 20 days and the attending physician prescribed rumalaya tabs 2tabs twice a day and supradol tab twice a day but there is some progress with respect to inflammation, swelling and Pain on my left ankle and foot. How can I get full relief permanently? Please advise I am a diabetic patient.
Dear Sir I have been suffering from ankle feet pain in left leg since 2 month. The pain starts when I walk after sitting sometime. At start it pains high then comes down after 3-4 minute but little pain consistently remains. I am regular doing morning jogging around 2.5 km.
The various movements of the body are enabled by the way the bones work with each other and allow for various movements. You cannot perform a single movement without the coordination of the various joints and bones. It is also for the same reason that joint pains are so common. Accidents, sports injuries, play area injuries, and general ageing are some of the causes that can result in joint pain. There are definitely ways to treat them, but at the same time, preventing them also can be helpful. Read on to know some of the ways to prevent and manage joint pains.
Precautionary measure: For children, ensure they are playing under the supervision of an adult and are wearing sufficient protective gear in the form of helmets, wrist/elbow guards, etc. The same goes for athletes who are prone to injuries. It is always prudent to know your physical limits and not stretch your body constantly. This will go a long way in reducing injuries. Always keep a first-aid kit in your sports bag so that you can manage the pain at the earliest.
If prevention does not work, and injuries do happen, some of the ways to manage them are outlined below.
- Cryotherapy/ice therapy: By reducing the blood flow to the affected joint, ice helps in reducing the pain and swelling, which are usually the prominent symptoms of any joint injury. Using an ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes every hour is greatly useful in reducing the pain. This can be continued for the next few days until the pain stops. Avoid ice burns by not applying ice directly on the skin; instead, wrap it in a towel or a soft cotton cloth.
- Oil massages: Natural oils can be used to massage the affected joints which also greatly reduce pain. Oils which contain menthol or give a topical soothing effect are highly recommended. If you are unable to do it at home, seek professional help for the same.
- Hydrotherapy: Warm baths with salts added for extra benefit can provide soothing relief from joint pains. Try these before going to bed to also get good sleep.
- Herbal mixes: Tea bags and other herbal mixes can also be used to relieve joint pains. These may work for some and may not work for others. As these are external applications, you can give it a try.
- Immobilise the area: The affected joint should be immobilised completely or partially, depending on the extent of damage.
- Physiotherapy: While initially the joint needs to be rested, getting into a physical exercise routine with inputs from a physiotherapist is very essential to avoid long-term immobility.
- Medications: Non-steroidal pain killers are another proven method to manage joint pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.