Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I have hdl 31.6 Ldl 105 Total cholesterol 158 Triglycerides 107 I have xanthelasma. Does this due to cholesterol? Do I have more cholesterol level? Does this cause heart attack?
My aunt is having gas trouble. She is having chest pain. There is no proper digestion of food and free motion. Please suggest some tips like food habits for immediate cure.
There is one yellow mark fat deposit on eye lid called xanthas due to cholesterol from last two years. Cholesterol between 200 to 230 from last 3 years. Please suggest how to remove it ?
My husband last week experienced tachycardia at rest for consecutive 2 days thereafter we consulted a cardiologist who advised ecg n echo. Which came out normal. He gave him nebistar 2.5 twice daily after that he s feeling less episodes of increased heart rate. Now the doctor is saying to do holter test. When everything is fine. Why more investigations n what could b the possible cause of increased heart rate. My husband he drinks n smokes occasionally.
I am 63 years old Diabetic Hyper tension patient for past 17 years is suffering from kidney stone and pain left foot bottom while walking. Kindly advise the medicines pl.
My EF is 20% and have been implanted ICD during July 2013. My age is 58 years. What are the chances of survival
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.