Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arul Murugan Ponnuswamy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arul Murugan PonnuswamyYour feedback matters!
Me and my gf had an unprotected intercourse on 13feb. But I was pulling it before I was done. We did the same thrice but for very less time. It was our first time. Nothing after that. Then we had the same on 28th late afternoons. She had some bleeding at night she thought it might be periods. Next morning she had some stomach ach on left side for some time. And that bleeding was not periods. Her cycle starts on 5th of every month but usually it starts before date. Are these symptoms of pregnancy? Should she take an emergency contraceptive pill without Doctors consultation? We have to avoid it. Extra info: she gets the same pain at the starting of her cycle.
I am taking supplement Last 9 months. Is it any side effect or is it problem in infertility? Supplement are 6 pack nutrition max muscle quad pro and bulk.
The surgical procedure to correct the appearance of eyelids is called blepharoplasty. The correction is done by removing extra skin, fat and muscle that make the eyelids droop.
Eyelids start drooping when the muscles supporting your eyelids weaken as you grow older. Excess fat accumulates below and above your eyelids as a result, which leads to eye bags and droopy eyelids.
Besides making you look older than your age, droopy eyelids can also affect your vision. Blepharoplasty can improve your vision and give your eyes a polished look at the same time. Some other benefits include:
- Excess deposits of fat that make eyelids look puffy are removed with the help of blepharoplasty.
- Eye bags are reduced.
- Drooping eyelids which end up revealing the sclera (the white part in your eyeballs) are fixed.
- Fine wrinkles and excess skin around lower eyelids are corrected.
Blepharoplasty is usually combined with procedures such as skin resurfacing, face-lift or brow-lift.
Blepharoplasty, like every other surgical procedure, has certain risks, which include—
- Bleeding and infection
- Irritated, dry eyes
- Trouble closing eyes and other associated problems
- Prominent scarring
- Eye muscle injury
- Skin discoloration
- Follow-up surgery is needed
- Short-term blurry vision, or in unusual cases, loss of vision
- General risks associated with surgery such as blood clots, anaesthetic reactions, cardiac and other coronary problems.
Before the surgery can be scheduled, a surgeon and ophthalmologist will be consulted to record your medical history and discuss your expectations about the surgery. Then, before the procedure can begin, the following steps will be followed:
- First, you will be examined physically; your doctor will test your tear ducts and take measurements of your eyelids.
- Second, your eyes will be examined and your vision will be tested.
- Lastly, your doctor will take photographs of your eyes which will facilitate and guide him/her through the course of the surgery.
The effects of blepharoplasty are long-lasting and the corrections are permanent. Durable sun protection of the eyes helps in maintaining the corrections made.
Although, you can get excellent results from one surgery, sometimes you may need multiple procedures to achieve the desired look. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!