Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Arul KumarYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of uti. Doctor prescribed me some medicines. But I took only two because of scarcity of the others in local market. Now my course is finished. But I don't get recovery from the problem. Can I take the other prescribed medicines which I didn't take before?
What are the reasons of kidney stone? Is there any chances of infection if stone is stuck in urine pipe?
I have pain on the right side of the stomach. I go for a test and, diagnose that it is kidney STONE. Any medicine available to burn the stone fully out? Size of stone is 5mm.
Actually I have a stone in my kidney yesterday I got report from ultrasound. So to get rid of it and what precaution should I take.
I am 28 years old male, I have chronic kidney disease. Biopsy result shows 70% of kidney damaged. What can I do to manage the condition to improve? please help.
I am 27 years old and suffering from ckd stage 5. Urine output is normal. Creatinine is 8. Do I need to be on dialysis.
I have to get up at least three to four times at night to pass urine. I get urge for passing urine and at times I drop urine before reaching washroom. I get the urge immediately after getting up from bed, the tendency is more psychological than physical in nature. I do my PSA done once in 6 months and it is under control. How do I overcome the problem of frequent urination.
Prega news test kit had info DAT put 3 drop urine on kit but if we put 2 drop n result is negative den its negative correct or not.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.