Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArthiYour feedback matters!
I have lost my back tooth and because of that my front teeth are worn out to nerves and I need few teeth implants and front teeth sorted or implants can you help and rough estimate how much it will cost and do you have accommodation facilities as I will be travelling from UK
I am Abinash .doctor my problem is I am suffering from dental PAIN FROM 6-7 days .when I eat some thing hot or cold or sweet than I feel pain in my teeth. So what can I do for this? Please doctor help as soon as possible.
I'm worried that my teeth are very yellowish in colour. What should I di to make it white. And one more problems is, I'm not able to brushmy teeth for longer time in the morning. Within 3-4 seconds I feel like vomiting. So I stop brushing. How to fix this problem and brush for longer time. Pls help doctor. TIA.
I get mouth ulcers very often. I had applied every kind of tube but it didn't worked. How to cure this problem?
How to cure mouth ulcers? I frequently get mouth ulcers so please tell me a home remedy or cure for it.
Hi! I a. Suffering from oral submocous fibrosis for a year ago please help me to cure that serious disease.
I'm suffering from mouth ulcers since 3 years. I have consulted many doctors they told Vitamin b deficiency and I have used many medicines and ointments. But they show results at that specific point of time. But I'm unable to get rid of these permanently. These mouth ulcers occur frequently every month. May I know what is the reason for this? Due to this I'm not able to eat anything? So please kindly help me to get rid of this disease. Please give me the permanent solution and prevention measures for these mouth ulcers.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.