Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Dear sir/Mam, very high triglycerides from 5 years. Always between (600-900). VLDL is also high. Total cholesterol is near border line.
Dear doctor I have t3 and t4 within range levels however the tsh is elevated at 8.22, I ve been seeing this value for quite some time. My ldl is 150, hdl is 50. So do I need medicine for controlling tsh? is it affecting me? pls advice and which medicine? (i m trying bring down the ldl in ayurvedic way)
Hello, I am 48 years old approx. And I am have high blood pressure. Could you please suggest me what diet I have to take to control my BP. And I want to purchase a BP measuring machine which one I have to buy.
Iddm 18 years. Levemir 65 u bbf, 55 before dinner. Fatty liver. Ldl- high. Sgot, sgpt increased by 25% than highest permitted range. Weak digestion. Ascitis 2 years back. Please suggest.
I have regular chest pain, excessive sweating without doing any hard work, also I have in digestion problems, are they symptoms of heart risk, what is to be done to increase heart health.
Where does the G spot lie in girls and do really girls squirt or cum and Internet say normal human heart beat ranges from 60-100 is this true?
I am 22. My Blood Pressure has risen to 140/80. What could be the reason for this in such an early age? And is this normal?
I am cycling for about half an hour in morning beside using in day also for 5/10 minutes. Do I require any other exercise for controlling BP (i have) and avoiding risk of diabetes.
Hello Doctors Plzzz Help Today I surfing Heart Problem approx 9 Months so plzz advice through Email.
Dear doctor my sister is 37 years married. She is suffering from high BP ,plz suggest home made remedies for her.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.