Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ArjunaYour feedback matters!
UTI stands for Urinary Tract Infection. There are 2 types of UTIs, one is lower tract infection and second is upper tract infection. Symptoms of lower tract are painful urination and frequent urination while symptoms of upper tract are fever and pain. This problem is seen more in women as compare to men. But good thing is that with the help of few easy tips, one can get rid of UTI completely or to a great extent. Let’s adopt this checklist.
1. Take plenty of water
2. Clean the area and urinate before and after intercourse
3. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, spicy food, drinks and artificial sweeteners
4. Be careful and regular with the treatment because if proper care is not taken, it can lead to kidney failure and blood poisoning.
5. Avoid smoking
6. Use fragrance free personal hygiene products
7. Apply heating pad if it pains
8. Take regular antibiotics on doctor’s advice
9. Drink Cranberry juice as helps in fighting infection
10. Take as much vitamin C as you can
11. Chew celery seeds
12. Maintain hygiene
13. Take horseradish
14. Wear comfortable or cotton clothing
15. Make regular visits to your washroom for emptying your bladder
16. Avoid eating chocolates
17. Drinking baking soda will also help in lessening the acidity of urine
18. Drink Parsley water
20. Eat lot of cucumbers
21. Take ginger tea instead of normal one
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Pomegranate - the powerful antioxidant.
Pomegranate a sweet fruit that is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibres. This is what makes this fruit so healthy, so as it is also called as the powerful antioxidant.
" here are some amazing benefits of pomegranate"
Pomegranate protects your skin by aiding cell regeneration and tissue repair as well as by improving circulation, which in turn aids healing of wounds. Pomegranate protects your skin from damage caused by prolonged exposure to the sun. It is also known to help fight skin cancer. Pomegranate possesses properties that help prevent wrinkles, fine lines, age spots and hyper pigmentation. The elastin and collagen in the fruit help make your skin smooth yet firm. Yes, use pomegranate for skin problems. The molecular structure of pomegranate enables it to penetrate skin and provide moisture from deep within. Pomegranate is rich in vitamins and minerals which, in turn helps fight dandruff, strengthen hair follicles and promote hair growth. Owing to the high content of antioxidants, pomegranates can minimize the effects of free radicals and permanently eliminate them too. One of the biggest benefits of pomegranate juice is keeping your heart healthy. Pomegranate juice is a potent blood thinner thereby preventing the clogging of arteries. It actually fights various forms of cancer, right from prostate to breast cancer. Owing to the fact that it is rich in enzyme inhibitors, it controls cartilage damage as well as degeneration. From dysentery to constipation, pomegranate has properties that fight off these conditions. Pomegranate is rich in iron and helps regulate hemoglobin levels, thereby curing anemia. Rich in vitamin c, pomegranate helps soothe inflammations that are inherent to conditions like sore throats, asthma and wheezing. Pomegranate helps improve blood circulation and prevents clotting of blood. Pomegranate boosts energy levels and cleanses your body which aids weight loss.
Thanks for reading this article" pomegranate - the powerful antioxidant, if you like this"
Sir, i have married 10 month ago and still no issue sir my problem is after intercourse whole semen ozes from vagina and this may happen immediately or after half an hour or one or two hour please help me.
Hi doctor, I am 32 yrs old, newly married. Last week I finished with my periods & had intercourse. I had an i pill too, same day. Today morning I started bleeding. I do not know why. And I started my workout out today, treadmill & floor exercises. Why am I bleeding? Please advise.
Inadequate intake of zinc rich foods like meat, shell fish, liver gelatin, beans, rice, bread, cereals lentils etc.
Incomplete absorption of zinc from the food due to many barrier likes presence of phytic acid in the diet hampers.
- Reduced appetite
- Retarded growth.
- Atrophy (shrinkage) of sexual organs.
- Hair loss
- Keratosis (desquamation) of tongue
- Skin affections.
- Delayed healing of wounds
- Decreased taste acuity
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
How we can measure period cycle of mine. Its always irregular .which become difficult to find when periods occur.
I have had sex with my aunt daughter on 6th of this month without protection and she had 1st time with me. But I didn't ejaculate in vagina. I'd used withdrawal method. Is there any chances of pregnancy and what should I do now. Her period cycle started from 29 of every month.
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Good morning sir I am 22 years old Whole day I sit behind my mother because she is bed ridden Some work I do But I am getting pain After eating lunch and dinner While drinking water What's the problem can I know.
Hold the plank position for as long as making sure you have flat back and are neither arching downwards nor upwards by doing all this exercise correctly can give you faster and more effective results
Avoid keeping mobile phone under pillow in night. It is the night time mobile will be near to brain then day time. One simple tip to avoid radiation waves by mobile phones.
I want to do family planning but my wife does not like using condoms. So, which contraceptive pill is better such as Saheli or any other whose side effects are minimal or not.
Is swimming is good for girls? What r the benefits of swimming? What precautions should be taken while swimming to keep our hygiene good n skin healthy? Please suggest me.
Be sure that each meal includes a healthy portion of carbohydrates. Gaining weight is easy if you start incorporating carbs into your diet on a regular basis.