Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArjunaYour feedback matters!
If one has taken I pill on the 6th day of cycle within 18 hrs of the act taken place on 21st november 2015 unprotected accident. Got bleeding after 6 days i. E on 27th & 28th of november. With slight dizziness and lower abdomen pain. On 20th december 2015. Got heavy period with lower abdomen pain. For 4 days. Then on 30th & 31st december got slight dizziness. On 1st january 2016. Took a serum beta hcg test which showed <1miu /ml. On 19th january 2016. Got period for 5 days. On 22nd january. Took another serum beta hcg test which showed <1miu/ml. On 1st february. 2016. Got a transabdominal sonography for pelvic region which showed uterus is anteverted and empty. And measures 8.9cm*4.6cm*3.5 cm. Both ovaries are normal. Cervix and cervical canal appear normal. On 17th february 2016. Got period but only for 1 day. Then only spotting. On 26th february 2016. Got a pelvic sonography by a gynae which showed empty uterus. On march 14th 2016. Again got a pelvic chck up by a gynae which showed empty uterus. On march 15th 2016. Got period for 6 days. And on april 13th 2016. Again got period for 4 days. The november was the first and last time I had engaged in a sexual act. And taken I pill. After this incident my body has become. Very sensitive to dust. Period pattern is also stage. Before the period I get brownish blood for 2 days. And then the flow. Comes. Though my abdomen has not increase in size much. But still I feel bloated. And also I hear strange sounds from abdomen. And also heart beats near my abdomen. And pelvic region. So could all these relate to pregnancy. Or pregnancy is completely ruled out. Please help me. Day by day I am stressed out due this very much. Please help me. Please.
I am two months pregnant. Shall I walk normal or I should take bed rest? In my home they are saying sit ideally. Don't do any work?
If any girl had sex before marriage for one to two years .Can it be found without test by the doctor. One of my friend had sex for one to two years with her boyfriend now she is getting married so can her husband will check that she is virgin or not?
Hi, I'm 32 years old, I want to postpone my menstrual cycle for five days, which medicine I can us? Thanks.
Is calcium deficiency caused due to herpes and what are the symptoms of the said deficiency due to it. I have come across Calcimax tablets and on reading the uses I have come across the indications that due to herpes there is osteoporosis of the bones and as I have Osteonecrosis as diagnosed by my doctor due to cartilage burnout between my left knee bones, I may be at risk of osteoporosis due to herpes. Are Calcimax tablets intake at two tablets a day the appropriate remedy?
My bf rubs his penis on my vagina. After that I test my urine on first day of my missed period and it was negative and then I have my period a week later. Now I missed my period in second month. Am I pregnant?
Felt a breast lump like a pebble in left breast. Did mammogram. They say it normal but I am having pain in armpit like something in there. Report says it mixed with fibro granular tissue. What is that. Can a mammogram miss a lump even if it is just a cyst.
• History of allergy – skin allergy, asthmatic etc.
• Mostly inhaled allergens cause asthma.
ALLERGENS CAN BE:
– Environment - smoke, dust & pollution and petrol fumes.
– Pollen and molds from grass, flowers and trees.
– Strong perfumes
– Paints & varnishes
– Tobacco smoke
– Animal dander
– House dust mite
– Chemical fumes
FOOD, WHICH CAN CAUSE ALLERGY ARE:
– Sour food
– Citrus fruits
– Cold food & drinks
– Artificially colored & flavored foods
– Beer, wine
– Canned vegetables
• Infection of lungs, bacterial or viral.
• Emotional stress
• Over strenuous exercise
• Inhalation of old air
• Climatic changes
• Allergy to certain drugs.
• Chain smoking.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Initially feeling of distress and restlessness with painless tightness in the chest.
• There may be cough, sometimes with phlegm.
• A wheezing / whistling sound when breathing.
• Mild to moderate shortness of breath.
• Shortness and rapid breathing followed with a feeling of Anxiety, sweating and inability to lie down on the back.
• Usually the sufferer finds comfort in sitting bent forwards and near the windows.
• Try to recognize and avoid the factors that trigger the asthmatic attacks.
• Keep a diary and try to trace a pattern or relation between your allergic reaction and the allergen.
• Families with history of allergy should avoid artificial food, eggs, cocoa, juices and wheat preparation to infants till the age of six months. Only breast feed infants for the first six months to strengthen the immune system.
• For infants born in vegetarian family, vegetarian food is preferred.
• Avoid food and drinks known to cause allergy - cow milk, vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food and drinks, canned food, food additives, beer and wine.
• Eat balanced nutritious diet.
• Eat fresh unprocessed food.
• Consume Bitter gourd (Karela) cooked or juice, it strengthens the immunity.
• Every morning, drink boiled mixture of – ½ cup water, little ginger, 2-3 leaves of sweet basil (tulsi) and mint leaves, or you can eat the raw leaves, this will boost up you immunity.
• Boil a mixture of Bishops weed (Ajwain), tea leaves and water and inhale the steam, helps to decongest.
• Consume garlic and onions, will be beneficial, but avoid them if you are on homeopathic medicine.
• Consume lots of Vitamin B complex.
– Liver, kidney, pancreas, yeast (Brewer's yeast), lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg, shrimps, crabs and lobsters,.
– Milk and milk products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grain cereals.
– Carrots, bananas, avocado, raspberries, artichoke, cauliflower, soy flour, barley, cereals, pasta, whole grains, wheat barn like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans.
• Increase intake of magnesium in your diet.
– Sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
– Peas, lotus stem, pulses, whole grains, fruits.
• Avoid smoke, pollution, and dust as far as possible.
• Try to reduce stress, anxiety and tension, practice yoga will help to relax and relive stress.
• Yoga will also help by breathing exercise. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space.
Avoid inhaler ,bronchodilator in case of young age .childhood.why are you damage your lungs,its not benefits for long duration.
Save YOUR LUNGS With Homeopathy
We r married from last two & half year. But my wife not carry baby. Fallopian tubes are visual in entire length and normal with spill over of contrast on both sides. Follicular study right ovary 24.6*22.7 & left 10*11 mm on 14th day USG HSA FSH LH PRL TSH Semen Vdrl are normal. Please suggest me some advice.
I am having irregular periods. What would be the reasons behind it? and also the duration is decreased to 2 days only. What's the reason and I s there any cure or remedy for this problem.
Hi doc I had my anomaly scan on 20th week 3rd day. My baby's weight showed as 371 gms. My gyn told me to watch the weight of the baby. When I asked a junior doc she told it should be around 500gm. So my concern is whether my baby is underweight or is the weight normal. Please somebody help? :(
I am a girl and I had been in a big problem since a 15 days of gaps I do not got a mensuration what can I do?
Hi, I'm 35 years old and this is my 7 month of second pregnancy, Just after my first pregnancy I have faced a major trouble of pancreas of which no Dr. tells us the cause, as it has been swell to 11 mm and Gone through operation and stomach has been cutted into 2 and stitched. Now at this point of time facing pain lower the ribs and In Stomach or can say in the bump. Why is that so?
Hello doctor, my girlfriend has faced some problem that when she press her breast, some milk have come out. Her monthly period is also regular. But she have some problem of thyroid. She eat some medicine of thyroid. Doctor because of these problem will she get pregnant in future?
These days everything is available, including a new body. You can get a new nose, jaw, perky breasts and yes, a brand new hymen as well, all through plastic surgery. The procedure of hymen restoration or reconstruction is called hymenoplasty, hymenorrhaphy, virginity surgery or just hymen reconstruction surgery. The hymen, as you know is a ring-like membrane in a woman’s vagina. It usually ruptures due to vigorous exercise or sexual penetration. This is also usually the reason many women, egged on by families, decide to go for the reconstruction of their hymen because certain cultures value female virginity and losing one’s virginity before marriage is a taboo.
Benefits: The benefits of hymenoplasty , if any, are that it allows women to take control of their futures in conservative societies. If she has been sexually active pre-marriage, she can still decide to go for a traditional marriage without the fear of ostracization. Hymenoplasty surgery restores the ability of the hymen to bleed at intercourse on the wedding night. Victims of sexual assault can also use the procedure to get over the traumatic event and its memories. Some women like to get a hymen rejuvenation to feel young again.
Procedure: Hymenorrhaphy can be done months or years after a woman loses her virginity. It must be performed only by a plastic surgeon. In this procedure, the torn edges of the hymen are sutured back together. If done correctly, the touched-up hymen appears as good as new and bleeds on sexual penetration. Sutures dissolve by themselves after a few days. Hospital stay is only 5-6 hours post hymenorrhaphy. The procedure is done under anesthesia and it usually takes less than an hour to finish. Patients are discharged from hospital the same day and are advised not to do any vigorous activity like playing games, climbing stairs, and of course sex.
Risk involved: There are no documented risks of hymenoplasty and there are no complications either, if the surgeon is good. If an adverse reaction occurs, it’s temporary. Usually any discomfort in the private parts and swelling in the outer parts of the vagina usually subsides within days.
Recovery: The recovery time is minimal and the patient can return to work next day, if she wants. Complete healing, though, takes approximately 4 weeks. Good hygiene is important to avoid infection. Patients are advised to contact their doctor immediately after a hymenorrhaphy if there is fever, abdominal pain, bleeding from vagina or the reconstructed hymen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.