Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arivudai NambiYour feedback matters!
My 16 year old daughter is having mild fever ranging from 98 to 99.3 degrees since last 13 days. Her CBC report shows readings in normal range. It started with cold and cough. Now, she gets fever around 99 deg. Mostly during night. She is feeling very weak. Her blood sugar levels are on border line. Please advise.
Dear Doctor, I am having diabetic and hypertension for the last 12 years. I am 51 years old. I am presently taking the following medicines: Glycomet GP 0.5 mg 2-0-2 Zita 100 mg 1-0-0 Atorva 10 0 -0-1 Olmax 40 1-0-0 Revelol am 5 /50 - 0-0-1 Presently on a recent checking my BP levels and cholestrol levels seems to be fine and normal. BP 90/130 Total Cholestrol : 118, Trigliceride: 127 ,LDL : 60 ,HDL :45. I presume my BP and cholestrol and BP levels are fine with these numbers. My concern is diabetics. Earlier 3 years back my medication was Pioglit 15 , after its so called ban, doctor changed the medicine to Glycomet GP 0.5 mg which i am using for the last three and half years. My fasting & pp sugar initially even after medication happens to be 130 / 170 levels. However during the last 4 months my sugar started shooting up , partly due to official preoccupations. My HbA1c levels are nearing 8 and morning fasting levels ( vary between 170 to 200) depending on the food what i take at night. Doctor asked me to increase the dosage of medicine and now i am using Glycomet GP 0.5 mg 2-0-2 instead of earlier 1-0-1. Zita i am using only 100 mg. I am not seeing any change in sugar levels. I s the combination right ? should i need to change it ? Please guide. Since i have a touring job for 15 days a month, i resort to outside food and i do walking. Please guide.
This last week I have a problem when I go to lay down for sleep, my heart began to work very hard and I feel that inside me is table a bird.in the same time I am under a treatment by besocor 5 mg by using half of 5 mg per/day in the morning. I checked my blood pressure is 170 me 90. What happen and how to treatment this?
For the last 2 weeks I am suffering from severe cough. I tried many medicines and cough syrups but I can get any result. What should I do. Please help me doctor. When I cough I heve pain on my chest and stomach too.
Can the Ayurveda medicines lower the LDL levels in few months or the allopathic medicines have to be taken simultaneously along with the Ayurvedic medicines, if yes which are the Ayurvedic medicines which help in lowering the LDL levels in the blood & can the plague already present in the arteries be cleared by these medicines.
My wife aged 64 had leftside stroke on 7th Jan,15. Got treated and recovered 75 to 80%. But she is hacing sholder pains. What is the remidy.
I feel pain on the left side on my chest sometimes and during that time I cannot inhale deeply otherwise the pain will rise. Is there something to worry?
Hi My wedding has done last month my wife face low blood pressure problem last month. Her age only 21 year old. Her weight is 66 kg. Please give solution thanking you yours
I have undergone CABG on 1st of December and I would seek your suggestion whether I can consume Hilsha fish?
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull.