Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Arcot GajarajYour feedback matters!
My cousin is married from 3 years but dnt have baby till now and I am giving information about there this month scan. Scan shows that uterus is normal nulliparous/nongravid size and is anteverted and anteflexed in the midline. Myometrium is normal. Endometrium is unusually thin and the total combined thickness of both layers of endometrium is 2 mm. Both ovaries are very small and poorly visible and devoid of follicles. The right ovary is 20 mm×17 mm and left ovary is 16×8 mm and menses come only pills and I want to know that she can get pregnant in future with these complications plzzzz help usss and give us a fair solution.
Usually my menses are regular. But in some cases it goes late. What is the cause of it. I had medicine for last missed period.
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS is a common phenomenon that happens to over 75% of menstruating women. It refers to a set of symptoms that a woman experiences 7 to 10 days within the onset of her monthly period. The symptoms often cause great discomfort to the woman, but disappear soon after the period gets over.
The symptoms include muscle cramps, headache, body ache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, mood swings and a lot more. This is not a pathogen related disease. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance before the start of menses in women. The level of female hormones i.e. estrogen and progesterone fluctuate inside a woman’s body prior to the menses. They are believed to have an impact on certain chemicals released by the brain. Therefore, women experience these symptoms during this time of their monthly cycle.
You don’t need to depend on strict medication to get rid of these symptoms. They can vanish if you make some changes in your lifestyle. Here are some natural ways to get rid of these symptoms:
- Check your diet: In order to enjoy a healthy period, you need to avoid certain food items. Trans fats and hydrogenated fats can increase these symptoms. Cut down on the sugar content of your meal as high sugar level can give birth to some of these symptoms like mood swings, headache, nausea, etc. It is also important to check the water content in your body. It is advisable to avoid salt as too much water retention can be bad. Too much consumption of caffeine can cause depression and anxiety.
- Go for a holistic and balanced diet: Women must include sufficient amounts of minerals and vitamins in their diet to avoid PMS. Try eating foods that are rich in magnesium such as bananas and leafy green vegetables. Also consume Vitamin A rich foods, mainly yellow and orange vegetables.
- Take up some light exercises: Light aerobic exercises may help you in getting some relief from bloated stomach and pain. But, don’t exert yourself in doing stressful exercises.
- Try some heat: Applying a heat pad can provide relief from muscle cramps and abdominal pain. Heat dilates the blood vessels and improves flow of blood through them. This provides relief from any sort of pain.
- Drink right: It is true that too much retention of water in the body can worsen PMS. But it is advisable that you drink sufficient amount of water during the periods or before it starts. As experts say, water itself can hinder water retention in your body. Besides water, go for herbal drinks like a cup of hot ginger tea. Some herbal drinks can work wonders in preventing PMS.
- Sleep well: Adequate night sleep is a must for menstruating women.
- Oil message: Use lavender oil and cypress oil to avoid muscle cramps and tension. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, unmarried and never had any sexual activity. I am diagnosed with a cyst in right ovary (size 51 into 40 mm). I want to ask, do I need any medication or it will dissolve on its own? One more thing, I got my last periods on 6th of june 2016 and this month, I have not get my periods yet. When will I get my periods, is it related to ovarian cyst?
I am working in night shift from 5 to 2.30. Am over weight due to imbalance life style. Am unable to balance my health being in this shift can you guide me how to maintain my health. Need some healthy tips.
Diabetes has become a modern lifestyle disease. Younger age groups are affected by it, and with changing lifestyles, it is only poised to get worse. While this may sound scary, the news to cheer about is that it can be controlled to a large extent. By making lifestyle changes, altering diet, and improving foot care, diabetes control can be planned effectively. Both the onset of the disease and disease progression and complications can be controlled to a large extent.
Read on to know some changes in terms of lifestyle, diet and foot care to improve diabetes:
- Diet: You are what you eat, so it is advisable that you plan your meal carefully. Eat healthy and you will stay healthy. Include a lot of fiber in the form of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Reduce oils, sugar, salt, white rice, refined flour, etc. Increase unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids. Ensure you get the right amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Ensure ample hydration for the body. Get into a pattern of eating small, frequent meals and avoid binge eating. This goes a long way in controlling sugar levels in the body.
- Lifestyle: Engage in exercise, both to keep your weight under control and to improve the function of insulin. This also helps to keep body fat under control. Talk to your doctor about what routine would work for you. Whether it is jogging, running, cycling, swimming or plain walking, take a pick and regularly do it. Your goal should be to spend 30 to 45 mins every day on brisk walking (at least 5 days a week). This helps the function of insulin and also helps in reducing complications arising from diabetes. If you are a smoker, this is the time to quit – the hazards and the benefits are way too many. A healthy lifestyle with exercise also helps to manage stress, as the exercise helps in stress management and weight management too. Reduced severity of diabetes induces a feeling of well-being too.
- Foot care: One of the main complications of diabetes is known as diabetic neuropathy, where the nerves are affected. There is loss of sensation in the extremities and therefore a blister or a corn on the foot can go unnoticed and continue to grow. This may develop into an ulcer, which may then require extensive repair and heal at a slow pace because of diabetes. Diabetic people are advised to watch and wash the feet regularly, dry it nicely, watch between the toes, keep the toenails trimmed, smoothen out the calluses and corns, and use proper footwear. Go for foot exams once in six months or a year. Any small wound should be attended to by the doctor.
These are some simple ways to combat diabetes, which can be planned into your daily routine.
After having intercourse. If da girl bleeds without pain. And her periods is due. The other day. But she didn't had periods. The blood after having intercourse was there and in da morning she noticed dried mucus with few stains of blood. But now no possible signs of blood neither any periods. What does this mean. Should we wait for her periods or consult any doctor. Please help.
I have low sperms Active 40% Sluggish 30% Non molite 30% Pus cell 4-6 RBC nil Sprm count 18 millions Colour milky white Quantity 1.5 ml Reaction alkaline Liquification time 30 min Is this a normal report or not I used androgardian Tablet zincovit And siphene m 25 mg But when I stop these medicines My sperms count getting down Doctors advice me there is no solution of this problem Only ivf or icsi is solution Doctor test my testorone That report was normal Lsh and FSH hormones are some up on report What can I do I am so worried.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
Hi doctors. Meri age 48 year hai and I am a healthy woman. Mujhe 3 saal pehle periods band ho gye they but aaj phir se period aa gya hai. and its very heavy period so please help me. Mujhe bataiye ki kya ye sahi h ya aisa kis wajha se hua hoga. Kya mujhe kisi doctor k pass jana chahiye.
I had sex before 4 month . And my period was coming on time but this full month my period do not came . Is there is any chance to b pregnant.
Pregnancy period ke kitne din baad or pehle ho sakti hai ? please help me because my period is too late.
I am 40 year male, married 8 years go. But no child for us. Have tried all treatment but all failed. Now I am trying at siddha medicine, will it be helpful
White discharge (leucorrhea)
What is leucorrhea?
Leucorrhealeucorrhea can be defined as the thick milky discharge from the vagina. It can be due to physiological causes or due to some pathological causes. In usual cases, the leucorrhea is physiological due to the release of estrogen hormone in large quantities but it could be inflammatory also. The watery discharge is usually white in color but in severe infections, it could be greenish or yellowish in color.
What are the causes of leucorrhea?
The leucorrhea discharge is a normal condition that occurs in the menstrual cycles in almost all women at some stage or the other. The causes of this could be:
* hormonal imbalance
* increased estrogen levels
* improper diet
* lack of iron in blood
* indigestion and constipation
* menopausal woman
* infections and inflammations
* diabetic women
What are the symptoms of leucorrhea?
The symptoms of leucorrhea are:
* watery discharge from vagina
* foul smelling discharge
* greenish or yellowish purulent discharge
* itching around vagina
* dryness around vagina
* weakness in women
* lethargic body
* irritation and headaches
* pain in claves
* lumbar pain
How can Ayurveda help in case of leucorrhea?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that makes use of herbs existing in nature and formulates herbal remedies using the inherent power present in these herbs. We in Ayurveda believe that herbal remedies bring to you the richness of the herbs in a natural, unadulterated form. These combinations help improve immunity and provide strength, endurance, and will.
Ayurveda uses the inherent power of natural herbs to bring about wonderful results on the human body. The herbs are natural and 100% safe. Ayurveda helps to naturally enhance the body functioning in an herbal way. The herbs for leucorrhea help improve the gonads functioning n an herbal and natural way. The herbs for white discharge or leucorrhea help produce proper hormones for the complete functioning of ovaries and therefore to naturally start the menstrual cycle again. They help reduce the excess discharge by controlling the hormone quantities and disturbances by infections and inflammations.
Herbs in Ayurveda for leucorrhea
Aloe barbadensis (ghrit kumari)
Aloe has been used in several skin care products. It helps in rejuvenating the skin making it shiny and strong. It prevents wrinkles, clears blemishes and prevents aging marks. Herbs and herbal formulations that have aloe barbadensis reduce skin inflammations effectively. In hair care products aloe is used to repair dull and dry hair. It forms an important part of several hair conditioners and shampoos. Aloe extract is generally useful in treating hypertension. It has abundant antioxidant properties and effectively eliminates toxins from the body. It helps to overcome high blood pressure and respiration problems.
Rubia cordifolia (manjistha)
Manjistha is an excellent herb famous for its beautiful actions on the outer skin. It has magnificent powers on the skin that nourish and replenish it in a beautiful way. It is anti-inflammatory and heals wound and inflammations, helps in ulcers and skin disorders. It portrays astringent like properties. It can also be used as an antihelminthic. It increases flow and it purifies breast milk. Its special role is in case of different skin disorders related with pigmentation, weakness, general debility and poisoning. Manjistha can be used in skin diseases like leprosy, erysipelas, vitiligo and hypo-pigmentation.
Azadirachta indica (neem)
People in India use neem herb on a daily basis owing to its rich medicinal effects on the health. It is widely used as a dental and gum cleaner to protect from oral infections and bad breath. Gingivitis, bleeding gums, and toothache are also helped by using neem regularly. Another of its famous use is as a skin disinfectant. It is widely used in soaps, shampoos and body washes and is believed to have curing action on pimples. Some of its wonderful actions can be seen in diseases like diabetes and arthritis. It is due to its antibacterial properties that it is used in a lot of toothpaste and mouthwashes. Neem works wonder in medical conditions like bee stings, conjunctivitis, hemorrhoids, and ulcers and even in cases of bronchitis and epilepsy. Practitioners have drawn marvelous results in cases of skin diseases like psoriasis, acne, and eczema.
Saraka indica (ashoka)
Its bark is very beneficial to treat menstrual disturbances and can regulate the female menstrual cycle. It treats menstrual pain and pain in various kinds of tumors of the female reproductive system. The pre-menstrual tension can be cured using Ashoka. It is used in our products female health capsules and pradrantak churna.
Symplocus racemosa (lodhra)
It has a big tree bark that acts as an astringent and is commonly used in leucorrhea that is the excessive discharge from the vagina. Lodhra works well in case of excessive menstruation, painful menstruation, and delayed menstruation. In many types of cancer, especially cancer of the female reproductive system this herb works well.
Commiphora mukul (guggul)
Guggul has highly potent rejuvenating properties. It revitalizes cells and therefore rejuvenates them. Its purifying properties as well as lipid- regulating properties make it a wonderful herb for many health tonics. It is useful for people who have low haemoglobin and are anemic. It is useful in many heath conditions as it has proved its versatility in several conditions. The effect it has on cholesterol and triglyceride levels indirectly protects the heart from atherosclerosis. The herb also boosts the levels of HDL cholesterol. This herb also has been proved to have antioxidant properties. The herb is beneficial for hypothyroidism related disorders. The herb promotes the metabolism and therefore aids in weight loss. It is also beneficial for conditions like arthritis, premenstrual syndrome, bloating and many more. Guggul is used in the preparation of kaishore guggul.
Aloe vera juice (kumari)
Aloe extract is enriched with various medicinal properties. It can be used to treat skin conditions like eczema, ulcers, psoriasis, acne, bites and stings. In cases of ailments like arthritis, asthma, colitis and diverticulitis aloe vera juice has proved very beneficial. Aloe vera gel present inside the leaves is efficient in treating burns, wounds and skin disorders. It forms a protective coating on the infected areas and speeds up the healing process. The yellow sap which is found at the base of leaves is dried and is known as bitter aloes. It is enriched with digestive stimulants and also a strong laxative. As aloe vera has antioxidant and nutritional qualities, it helps in the prevention of injury to epithelial tissues if they get damaged. It promotes the process of healing. Aloe vera works effectively on damaged skin, epithelium present in the gut, bronchial tubes and genital tracts. The natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties along with nutritional constituents encourages cell growth and promotes the healing process. Aloe vera juice is used to prepare kumari saar.
Terminalia chebula (haritaki)
Haritaki is an important constituent of Triphala that has wonderful health benefits. It acts well in gastrointestinal ailments, in cases of spleenomegaly, hepatomegaly, tumors, ascites, and anemias. Its powder, when mixed with honey and ghee, is an effective remedy for anemia. The herb improves memory and is salutary in dysuria and urinary stones. Haritaki helps in improving appetite and helps in the digestion. In anemia of any origin, haritaki herb is highly beneficial. It helps anemia due to haemoglobin deficiency, anemia due to red blood cell deficiency, and anemias of abnormal form origin. Haritaki is used in kaishore guggul.
Terminalia belerica (vibhitaki)
A very important herb in the ayurvedic world, vibhitaki is famous for its wonderful use in the formation of triphala. It has numerous health benefits on the human body. Its action on the heart makes it an excellent heart tonic. It helps in purifying the blood, thinning of blood, and removing toxins. It is used in cases of a low RBC count and low haemoglobin. Vibhitaki helps cases of anemia of any origin and help regain healthy haemoglobin count and form.