Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arcot GajarajYour feedback matters!
I am 3 days overdue of my periods. Today morning I took pregnancy test. It doesn't worked out for me. But I am having small amount of light yellow color discharge. Is it a sign to get my periods?
Me and my gf want to have sex. But we are concerned about pregnancy what precautions should we use other than condom. Thanks.
I asked already this question but I did not goted good answer my question is without any pregnancy protected which day we can do sex and avoid pregnancy mine just after mc or just before mc.
Donor egg IVF is used by more than 70 percent of infertile women above 45 years to conceive. More than 8,000 babies are born in the US to women of all age groups by this method of Assistive Reproductive Technologies (ART). This kind of fertility treatment will become even more popular, in the days to come, because of advances in the egg-freezing technology.
What are donor eggs
Donor eggs are eggs given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman for in-vitro fertilisation or IVF.
How does the Donor Egg IVF program work?
Before you start this course of treatment, you must consult a doctor regarding its feasibility and effect on your health. Typically, the process has the following steps;
- After a donor has been identified, the infertile woman (referred to as ‘you’) and the donor are given medication so that the menstrual cycles of both are synchronised. You are also given medication so that your endometrium lining is ready for womb transfer.
- After their donation, the eggs are fertilised using the In Vitro Fertilization technique.
- Since the donor is under 35, not more than three embryos are transferred from her to your womb.
- Embryos are formed after fertilising donor egg with partner sperm.
In some cases, the embryos may be transferred after they have been fertilised. This line of treatment is undertaken to reduce the stress of this treatment on you.
In cases of men, the following procedures are followed;
- Unless the sperm belongs to another man, your partner will be required to give a sample of his sperm to check sperm quality.
- The partner must give another sample on the day the eggs are collected.
- In the next stage, the eggs and sperm are mixed together and in vitro fertilised.
Chances of success in Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of you conceiving through this program are 60-70%. This strike rate is significantly higher than a conventional IVF line of treatment.
How to start with Donor Egg IVF program?
- Finding an egg donor is not that difficult these days. You can find a donor through a fertility clinic, an egg bank, an egg donation agency, a family member or a close family friend. Donors coming from a frozen egg bank are usually screened for health and other reasons. Most donors are in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make it legal i.e while getting donors is easy, the tricky part is to comply with the various legal issues. Consult your spouse, doctor and your attorney before taking this step.
- Get counselling i.e. you need expert counselling before you conceive because, let us face it, your baby is not your biological offspring. You and your spouse need to be adequately psychologically prepared for this important development in the family.
I am suffering from likoria from many 4 5 yrs and I already consulted with the drs but no relief. I am just 24 yrs.
Dear Dr. My wife got an itching and burning sensation at the outer lip of vagina from few days. Yesterday she used candiderma cream which had caused her internal pain as it seems the cream has gone in side deep vaginal area during sleep. Two things Dr. If you may help us with. First is can you suggest a good ointment or cream which can be used in side or tip of vagina. Second she used candiderma cream once will it make any harm? Thanks for hearing.
I am 22 years woman. M 6 week pregnant. This is our first child. Today we had a sex in morning. We sex in a week. I never get bleeding or pain. It will nt harm to my child na. M little worried.
Health problems caused by not drinking enough water
Our body is made up of almost 70% water and while we can live without food for a few days at least, it is important to replenish your water needs every day. If you miss drinking enough water even for a day, you will notice a change. And the ill effects of not drinking enough water can be severe and should not be taken lightly.
You might have to face these 5 health problems if you are not drinking enough water:
- Constipation: If your body is not getting enough water, it will not be able to digest well because our bodies need right amount of liquid to process the foods we eat. When the stomach is constipated, digestive juices are secreted in lesser quantity, thus leading to other digestive disorders.
- Weight gain: Many a times, we eat or feel hungry just a while after eating. This is not really hunger and actually means that the body needs water. A dehydrated body often sends misleading signals which is misinterpreted as hunger and we end up gaining unnecessary weight.
- Cholesterol and changes in blood pressure: When we don't drink enough water, the water reserve in the body gets used up resulting in there not being enough for the capillaries, veins and arteries. This results in blood pressure going high and/or low. Similarly, the cells of the body get dehydrated and in an attempt to stop this, the body starts producing cholesterol more than what's required.
- Dryness of the skin and other problems: Apart from through urine, our body also loses water in the form of sweat. This needs to be replenished or the skin starts becoming dry, lips are chapped and we even experience an increase in hair fall. Not drinking enough water also leads to premature aging and graying.
- Infections: It is important to urinate frequently because through urine, our body releases toxins which are not needed for the body. If you don't drink enough water, you won't urinate enough and might end up with problems like UTI and cystitis.
I get irritation in vagina after having sex. I get burning sensation. I want to know the reason and how to avoid it.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.