Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Shivaraj
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana ShivarajYour feedback matters!
I got my periods January 25th, but this month till I couldn't get periods, I have done pregnancy test also the result is negative, kindly give me the solution.
I am 19 years old I had sex wid my partner on 29th November bt I had I pill and there was a last day of my periods next day 30th November again I had sex bt didn't go for I pill option now after 8 days m bleeding frm two days not an heavy bleeding like periods bt still bleeding. M I pregnant? Is the sign of early pregnancy?
I am a single 27 year old woman. I want to have a baby on my own through IVF or IUI. What are the legal as well as medical procedures required for it? And what is the cost for it? I am financially secure and stable and will be able to provide for the child on my own with a little support for my family. Thank you.
I m teenage and my periods have delayed for a month. Wat should I do? Also I tried other methods but no results.
1. Papaya - Get a ripe papaya. Cut papaya into pieces and mash it into paste. Now add some pure honey into it. Apply this paste on skin and clean after 30 minutes. Do this daily for 15 days. This simple home fairness tip gives you surprising glow on your skin in less than 7 days.
2. Apple Juice - Well, we all know that apple makes us healthy and keeps doctor away. But do you also know that it can even make our skin shiny and keeps beautician away. Yes, drinking fresh apple juice daily on mornings can increase skin fairness and makes skin healthy. Try this, completely natural and effective home remedy.
3. Lemon & Sugar scrub - Add fairness to your skin with homemade natural scrub. Take some sugar and mix it in honey. Add few drops of lemon juice in it. Now use this as scrub. Massage gently on skin for 5 to 10 minutes. Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. Now wash it with water. It gives natural glow to your skin.
4. Coconut Oil - We all know that coconut oil is very beneficial for hair. But the fact is, it is even beneficial for skin. Make coconut oil a bit warm by heating it on a stove. Now apply this oil and massage on skin for 5 to 10 minutes. Leave it for whole night and wash in the morning. This increases blood flow in the face and gives natural glow on skin.
5. Raisins - Impure blood can one of the reasons for your skin not being so fair. For this eat handful of raisins every day, it purifies blood and makes skin glowing.
6. Pumpkin seeds - Get some pumpkin seeds from nearby store. Eat a handful of pumpkin seeds every day for a period of 15 days. This simple routine adds fairness to your face naturally.
7. Alcohol - Do not consume alcohol. Short line but strong warning.
A great amount of research has been done on the negative implications of screen time on children and adolescents, but even adults are greatly affected and may suffer from certain health problems due to screen addiction.
The following are a few health implications that one should be aware of when it comes to screen addiction
- Restructuring of the brain: This health impact is as complex as it sounds. An increased amount of screen time definitely does affect the grey and white matter which form the brain. Restructuring of the brain generally takes place in hard core electronic device users, although those who do not use electronic devices very frequently may also be at an increased risk. Excessive screen addiction can lead to shrinkage of the grey matter and can hinder the effective functioning of white matter.
- You are more susceptible to diabetes, high BP and obesity: The long hours of sitting in front of the computer or watching videos on your tab can affect the metabolic syndrome of the body, resulting in bad health. In fact, your metabolic syndrome may still be affected even though you partake in physical activity such as walking or running after hours of sitting still.
- You may suffer from eye strain: There is a very common saying that goes ‘too much TV will make your eyes go square’, although this is not true, too much screen time does lead to severe eye problems, the most common of which is eye strain. It can also lead to retina damage and research shows that use of electronic devices such as phones and tabs at night hinders with sleep too.
- Increases mortality rate and risk of cardiovascular disease: Long hours of playing video games or working in front of the laptop does increase the chances of cardiovascular disease. Moreover, a recent study reveals that an unhealthy amount of screen time increased the chances of death to 52%. Even if you do diligent exercise, the damage to your health is more due to excess screen time, whereas exercise reduces mortality risk only up to 4%.
Thus, it is very important that you manage your screen time strictly and continue to live a happy and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I want to delay my period till 13th of next month which due on 3rd of next month with norlut-n, what is the ideal dosage do procure the desired results also when should I start taking it?
Meri last period 23rd Oct. Ko Hui thi, then fir Maine pregnancy kit use kra usme negative aya then fir maine urine test krwaya lab mei wo bhi negative aya hn, kya m pregnant hu ya nhi.
Intercourse is meant to be a pleasurable and intimate experience. But it might become an unpleasant act if you are suffering from performance anxiety. When you are mentally occupied by questions such as "Do I look too fat?" or "Did I do that right?", sex stops being a gratifying experience.
Incessant anxiety over your ability or appearance can result in sex becoming nerve-wracking and stressful for you. It might even have you avoiding sex altogether. This psychological condition is termed as sexual performance anxiety.
Sex isn't only a physical reaction, there are emotions tied to it as well. If you are too stressed out and your mind is preoccupied, your body reflects your inner turmoil and you cannot get aroused.
Causes: The causes of sexual performance anxiety include:
- Fear that you wouldn't be able to satisfy your partner and perform well sexually
- Body image issues (Such as stressing about your weight)
- Problems in your relationship
- Men worry that their penis don't 'measure' up
- Men might be concerned about taking too much time to orgasm, or about premature ejaculation
- Women worry about not enjoying the experience or being unable to have an orgasm
Symptoms: Your mental state has a deep impact on your physical state. The effect of stress hormones norepinephrine and epinephrine can hinder your sexual performance. Symptoms of sexual performance anxiety include:
- In men, blood vessels constrict due to the effect of stress hormones. This leads to reduced blood flow to the penis, thus making it difficult for the man to get an erection.
- Often though it is less diagnosed in women, sexual performance anxiety leads to trouble in lubrication during sex. Lack of lubrication dims the desire to have sex.
Sexual performance anxiety is a vicious, inescapable cycle. Increased anxiety hampers you from having sex, making you think you won't be able to perform well, which causes even more anxiety.
Treatment: Consult a doctor you will be comfortable with discussing your problems. Sexual performance can be either treated by medication (if you have an underlying medical condition such as erectile dysfunction) or through therapy.
Talking to a therapist or counsellor about your problems can help you in several ways. You can learn to become more comfortable with yourself and your body. You can also understand your problems better, which can eliminate your anxiety.