Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Archana ShivarajYour feedback matters!
I am close to 33 years old female and I have history of hypothyroidism since 6 years. I conceived naturally in two months of marriage and my son was born in April 2014. I was nursing my baby till August 2016. First 14 months I didn't get periods. Went to gynaec. She gave me tablet regestrone to get period. After that also my periods didn't get regular. After 21 months (Jan 2016) of delivering a baby I was diagnosed with several immature follicles in both my ovaries and usg said I have PCOS and I have put on 9 Kgs weight and now I weight 75 kgs and I am 5.2 in height. First 4 months I took tablet Krimson 35 and then gynaec gave me tablet Bestova 100 and metformin hcl 1000 mg. And from second cycle onwards she gave bestova 150 mg and metformin hcl 1000 mg. The follicular study showed that I ovulated for the first 4 cycle but didn't conceive. Fifth cycle the doctor gave me bestova 100 mg and Emee 75 mg shot where I didn't ovulate. My weight is not getting reduced inspite of diet and mild exercise. Does this means that I won't be able to conceive naturally or with clomifene citrate. Or is there any other alternatives to conceive?
Diagnostic Tests Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests: These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound: A complete ultrasound of the uterus and adnexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests: In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy: For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation. Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
- Hysteroscopy: uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.
I am 36 years old. Having slightly pain in my breast after my periods. It may be bulky and heavy. Sometime I cant touch them.
Hi my name is Ravikiran. Actually my friend had a sex with her on 9th april, after sex she had taken unwanted 72 tablet also but she is not got her periods till 45 days, what would be the problem.
Nowadays, people just don't feel like cooking at home. Ordering takeout is the way to go today. It has become a regular part of your diet. But it is extremely detrimental to your health. You may lick your fingers and savor the moment after that lip smacking bucket of fried chicken or the burger you just polished off, but in the long run, a whole lot of health problems are going to follow suit.
- Restaurant food is extremely fattening and can raise your cholesterol levels sky high. Obesity is now a major modern health problem, which is affecting children since the young age. In adults, it increases the risk of Type 2 diabetes. To our brain, this food is often very rewarding, and we tend to overeat as a result.
- The meat in your burger is so laden with artificial chemicals, that it is hardly nutritive. It is essentially scrap meat that is fattened up and flavored to suit your taste buds. It contains high amounts of ammonia, a chemical that is found in your bathroom cleaning liquid and that is hardly fit for human consumption.
- It is extremely addictive, where the more frequently you eat it, the more you crave it, until you lose all self-control. If you eat restaurant food more than once a week, you have fallen prey to the most common trend of today.
- Restaurant chains are nowadays trying to lure customers with healthier options like salads or soups, but they're hardly healthy and are instead full of preservatives
- The desserts and sodas that you love are full of artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup. Sugar is hardly nutritious and only adds to energy levels, which when not burnt off lead to all the oodles of fat in your belly. It can also increase your resistance to insulin.
- A lot of the ingredients in restaurant food are processed foods that contain artificial chemicals like colorants, preservatives, artificial flavors and textures. Its harmful nature can never be stressed upon enough.
- Eating refined flour on a regular basis is a big no-no. Its carbohydrates are difficult for the digestive tract to break down, once again leading it to being accumulated. Don't get mislead by promises of 'whole grain' items; for even they are whole grain, they are broken down to finer flour that hardly retains its nutritive value.
No wonder it's called 'junk food', it only brings harm to your body. Make a conscious effort to replace it with real, fresh food that actually contains nutrients and not artificial chemicals.
Sir, Extreme fatigue and redness in eye during menstruation, what is the reason? How to over come that?
Lungs are very important organs of your body as they play a pivotal role in respiration. Lung cancer refers to the gradual development of cancerous cells in the lungs.
Many common symptoms can help you to identify lung cancer. They are stated below:
- Persistent cough
- Change in your voice
- Pain in the chest region
- Breathing problem
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Sometimes a person may also cough up blood
- Cough accompanied by a wheezing sound
Lung cancer is very fatal and has less chances of getting cured. However, ayurveda offers effective and natural remedies for treating lung cancer. They are mentioned as follows:
- Practice breathing exercises regularly: Breathing exercises can help you to deal with the problem of lung cancer in an effective manner.
- Quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol: This is absolutely essential for treating lung cancer. Both smoking and consuming alcohol can cause severe damage to your lungs.
- Practice meditation. According to ayurveda, meditation is known to have great healing powers for any health problem. This can help you to cope up with cancer as well.
- Avoid junk foods and carbonated drinks: Consuming these foods frequently can worsen your condition.
- Massage therapy: Sometimes massage therapy can work wonders in ayurveda. Massaging certain essential oils can be very helpful.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy can also prove to be effective in treating lung cancer. It is a procedure in which essential oils are not only used for massaging your body but also for inhaling.
- Ayurvedic herbs: There are many ayurvedic medicines and herbs also which can treat lung cancer efficiently.
Since lung cancer involves very less survival rate, it is of utmost importance that you go the doctor immediately once you start noticing any of the above mentioned symptoms.
I am 22 years female who is been married for 2 years I am diagnosed with pcod and I have been advised to take meprate for 15 days twice daily but want to know further treatment if meprate fails to treat me and I want to conceive as early as possible please advise me some suggestion as I badly need to know what I can do.
I am an unmarried woman. I have not got my periods fr 2 months. Got brown discharge fr 2 days last week. Previously had normal cycles. Had a similar problem during my exam preparations 2 years back. Now also I am preparing fr my pg entrance. Wat to do next?
Can I have lemon I got baby on 14th dec 2015 by screen so can I have now orange, lemon and tomato as it is 23rd days today only please help.
Yesterday night I tried to do sex with my gf. She was lying on bed ,i put my condom on and went up on her .when I started putting inside she started ignore for some time but I forcefully tries to put my penis inside but its not went inside ,only reached her wet pussy. That time my condom suddenly dropped off but I did not noticed dat and tried to put in .after few seconds I noticed .still my pennis not went inside but reached the pussy wetness .so this there any chance to get pregnancy .she is not ready to take pills. So suggest me some fruits or foods to avoid pregnancy.
I was having intercourse with my girlfriend with condom but after sperm, I took off my condom and put back my penis into her then suddenly took off it but didn't intercourse without condom, my penis head was having little sperm. will she get pregnant?
In modern life, the word stress is not new. Almost everybody is in stress, be it financial, personal or professional. According to Ayurveda, stress is that situation of your mind when it is imbalanced. If you are not under stress, then your mind will be relaxed and stable, and it can perform everyday activity normally. Hence, when you are under stress, Ayurveda has a solution for you to relieve you from stress and lead a normal life.
5 ways through which you can deal with stress with the help of Ayurveda are:
- Take a Bath: Although bathing is your daily habit, yet by bathing you can control your stress levels. When you take a bath, it helps your body to release tension and relax the nervous system. While bathing, you can add 1/3 cup ginger powder to the water. This will increase the healing and relaxation process. You can also take Epsom salt bath as that too will help you to relax and cleanse.
- Practice Oil Pulling: For removing the natural toxins from your mouth and increasing your sense of taste, you can gargle with warm water toasted with coconut and sesame oil. Start by swishing the mixture of oil. You can swish the oil from the front to back, side by side and throughout your teeth for about twenty minutes. After spitting the oil out, you must rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Do Abhyanga: This is an ancient practice of oil massage where you use oils to calm the nervous system and rejuvenate the tissues by lubricating them. With this self-massage of oil, you can promote circulation of blood throughout your body. Abhyanga is a practice of rejuvenating your body through massaging the different parts with organic oil. There are different types of oil in Ayurveda that are used for various purposes.
- Practice Nasya: This is another technique in Ayurveda where medicated oil is applied to the nasal passages. When you practice this, the delicate nasal tissues are soothed and relieve stress. However, pregnant women and menstruating women should not practice Nasya. Every morning apply a few drops of Nasya oil to your nostrils for getting better results.
- Massage Your Feet before Bed: Another way to relax your body from stress is by massaging some oil before sleeping. For this, you may use brahmi oil, bhringaraj oil, or sesame oil. With this practice, you can soothe your body and release the pressure, thus getting relief from stress.
You must try these everyday so that Ayurveda can relieve you from stress. However, do not forget to get to experts if you still find yourself under stress.
Hi, I have a doubt regarding expiry of medicines. All of us know expired medicines should not be used. But unknowingly I have done such mistake as I fed it to my child. Doctor advised her vitamin d3 since birth and I used to do that. Recently I used a file without checking it's expiry. Today I came to know about. Could you please suggest that if medicines expires then also how long can it be used by somebody? It seems stupid but I need an opinion.
Dear doctor. My wife' s age is 25. Her haemoglobin level is 8%. So whether this level is ok for her or she should raise this level. Even her weight is 45 kg and her height is 5' 4. Please suggest
As we lead modern and fast lives, we have to make sure that we are ahead of competition in all aspects. Due to this we are hardly able to pay attention to our health and body issues. A lot of times we end up suffering more than we should because of the lack of timely help. A lot of times patients feel uncomfortable getting help for their health because they feel conscious about their condition and may be embarrassed to open up about it in front of anyone, not even a medical expert, this is most common in cases where people suffer from sexually transmitted diseases or STDs.
In the course of life and love, we may come across emotional and ideological troubles when we get affected mentally. There are also certain times when we end up contracting diseases that are spread through sexual contact. In such cases, people may seek medical help and may also opt for conventional medication. However, the better alternative, as experienced by a lot of people is to opt for the Ayurvedic medicines and treatments.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a stream of medicinal study that has found details in Hindu scriptures about our day to day ailments. Ayurveda majorly uses the body systems, dietary habits and the breathing techniques to find treatment for health problems and it is seen that the STDs are also easily cured or controlled with the help of Ayurveda. More and more people in the modern times, have started understanding the importance of natural remedies and methods of treatment for a healthier future and that is how Ayurveda has gained in popularity.
Ayurveda is particularly preferred by people in the cases of sexually transmitted diseases because of the fact that the medicines from this stream do not cause side effects and other health problems and proves to be a mild form of medication. This also comes as a relief to those who may feel apprehensive about having their very private issues resolved by Ayurveda.
When a patient suffers from sexually transmitted diseases and needs to find a resolution to the problem, it may be important for them to visit the Ayurvedic expert and explain their problem to the expert. Once the problem is diagnosed and understood clearly, the expert may suggest a host of medicinal herbs that could be for consumption such as Nibadi Churna, Rasnadi Kvath Churna, Nyagrodhadhi Kvath churna and many more or the expert may suggest medication for topical application such as Somaraji oil and tamra bhasma.
The Ayurvedic doctor may also suggest a number of immunity boosting medicines, such as Neem capsules or Ashwashila capsules. Other herbal medicines that are created for deeper rooted issues may also be able to help in the problem. It is also important for a patient to make sure that the right practitioner in the field is chosen to discuss the problem clearly and receiving a diagnosis and medication accordingly.