Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana ShivarajYour feedback matters!
Hello, Till how many days one married couple should have sex for a child, Means sex Kab tak karna hoga if we want baby.
My wife is 23 year, 8 months of pregnant. Her Hemoglobin level is 9 only. Iron tablets does not suit her. When she takes iron tablets, she feel vomiting and acidity. What we do? It is possible to increase Hb level through food or compulsory to take medicine? kindly suggest what kind of food or fruits or tablets she should take?
Sir or mam I want to ask thigh me jalan si start ho rhi hai aisa kyu ho rha hai aur kaise thk hoga.Please tell.
In my right hand always swelling is made and my periods are completed in two and half days my age is 35 years. Please help me I have pain also my palm with swalling in both hands
I am eight week pregnant. In 6th week bleeding started but when we met doctor .they asked for scanning after scanning .we know baby 's heartbeat is ok. So she recommend bed rest for a week. Aftr that I was ohk but on 9th day again bleeding started and its a lot. Again she scanned and baby's heartbeat normal .she admitted for two days in hospital. Now bleeding was still going on but small like spotting again she scanned heartbeat normal. She recommend 15 days bed rest. But I do not knw now what is the problem.
Hello. I mis my period as the date was 19th. Last month I was physical with my husband and take all precaution. I have doubt about this. So pls suggest any pill for regularise my period.
Light fluid secreting from my left breast nipple after one rubbing, start over 1 year but now more. I.e. Means infection in breast nipple? I can't discus with any one, so please solved with medicine. I am unmarried. Tell me what is the problem?
I thought that it the 14th day from first day start period o started on 12th counted 14 days that 25th so why do daily sexual activity from 22ND to 2ND December to get pregnant as me my boyfriend don't do daily we do every other day.
I have done protected sex with my boyfriend on 21st june and check condoms after having sex and found that they were intact. But we did unprotected anal. And I have taken i-pill after 16 hours. My period date on previous month was 3.5.16. But on this month its has been 3 days of my date but I am not bleeding. Though my periods are quite regular. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Please advise. I am just freaking out.
My daughter 17 years of age has acute pain during first day of periods. Please advice some suitable medicine for instant relief. As she has to go for school and tutions. And some diet chart as she gets pimples all over body and hips also before her periods except face
I am 20 years old suffering from underweight problem. Currently my weight is just 33 and I also don't feel hungry I am not able to eat even twice a day sometimes. I have tried few home remedies and also some protein drinks but none of them helped me to gain weight. I also suffer irregular menstrual cycle. How can I gain weight and stay healthy?
We have 2 months baby at home. We would like to go for copper t for protection. Is that helpful. Any harm to my wife, any side effect as like weight loss / gain, effect to my kids feeding. And what about the packages of Copper t.Needs to check periodically.
We have been trying for 4 months. I have not conceived yet. This time we had sex on the day I ovulated and from then we have not done it, to check whether this time I conceive or not. I have not observe any early pregnancy symptoms. I am little worried. What to do?
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer :
- Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
- Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&amp;#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
- Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
- Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
- Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads.
For Ladies suffering from Polycistic Over I an Syndrome with irregular mense cycle prescribe the best medicine with its doses.Answer given last time could not be opened.
Why do people/student torture animals- what drives them?
Can we analaysis and find solution: let try to stop this any more in our life
As we all aware that two animals cruelty incidents happened in tamilnadu, one with the dog and another with an monkey.
Case a, 12 yrs old kid hitting cat with broomstick, their parents brought for an counseling that he has not coutesy for animal and he was killing without any guilt.
Case b, 23 yrs adult was burning a rat alive with kerosine and feeling happy to see that rat die with burn.
And there are many cases which were not recorded and submitted for case discussion.
What typically possesses them to inflict such acts of intentional animal torture and cruelty?
These are because of psychological disorders (such as anti-social/psychopathic personality disorders and engage in deliberate acts of zoosadism), and/or because they have sexually paraphilic disorders (such as crush fetishism in which small animals are crushed for sexual pleasure).
This may be common behaviour among murderers and rapists - those with psychopathic traits characterized by impulsivity, selfishness, and lack of remorse.
Animal torture and cruelty is one of the three adolescent behaviours in what is often referred to the homicidal triad , the other two being persistent bedwetting and obsessive fire-setting. The combination of two or more of these three behaviours increases the risk of homicidal behaviour in adult life.
The behaviours in the homicidal triad are often associated with parental abuse, parental brutality (and witnessing domestic violence), and/or parental neglect.
What we can do:
The best way to prevent it is teaching by example. Parents and teachers are the key and plays very important role.
Pro-social behaviour (action/behaviours intended to help others) by parents and other role models towards animals, such as rescuing spiders in the bath, feeding birds/ants, treating pets as a member of the family,
Schools and colleges can have some pet home in the campus.
These activities or act has the potential to make a positive lasting impression on children.
It's a start, lets all have at least one pet in the home make your son/ daughter to take care of them (pet therapy).
Elayaraja m. Sc, m. Phil, pgdgc, pgdha
Kavithalyaa counseling centre, ambattur, chennai-53.