Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea.
Hi, I am having problem of full body. Like back pain, stomachache; eyes'ears all please just suggest me to get well.
I'm 16 year old male, I'm having mouth ulcers since last year And I haven't increased a kilogram more since a few months, monster how much I eat. Please help me.
I am losing a lot of hair lately and have developed dandruff too ! please help me eradicate the dandruff and stop my hair from falling!
I have dark circle below eye, for this I has used cream but it did not give any change, please prescribed me a best cream.
I become overweight. I try to do reduce that with following diets. But I couldn't. Please help to reduce my weight. Now I am 78kg. I must reduce at least 15. Pls give me a suggestion to reduce my weight.
Sir, on my face there are some small black spots and some spots are outside my lips. How can I get rid from these spots on my face.
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should also be kept in mind is that every drug is used for one of its particular property, which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED). Viagra thus, became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels.
Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life:
- Antihypertensives: Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
- Antidepressants: With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed antidepressants, especially the selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood, but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a workaround for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
- Proscar: Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby, reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
- Antihistamines: Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
- Anti-seizure drugs: Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
- Opioids: For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and Oxycodone are used, but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby, reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life.
I am 18 years old I have pain in my stomach from few months. I done ultra sound but nothing found any disease. doctor tell their only gas problem but gets not relief. Please tell what can I do now.
She had miscarriage 2 months ago due to bleeding we have done sonography test its clear so when can she conceive again and precautions should she take if she gets pregnant. It was her first pregnancy thank you.
Me and my wife have started planning but not getting that erection to have sex. Require how to tackle this issue.
Having very bad hair fall. I am very tensed bout my hairs And always I am suffering from. Bad head pain each and every day what's the reason behind all ?
Hi doctor .I am suffering from erectile dysfunction ,and weakness due to masturbation in my childhood .it was continue about 2-3 years .am single right now & 23 years .what should I do for better marriage life. Help pls.
For e. G I lost somebody close last year and since than feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
Suffering with rhumatiod artiritis since 5 years. Also undergone treatment for adv asthama 10 years back. Homeo treatment please
Does the fear of the exam get your heart racing? Does a tensed feeling grip you as you are about to make that big presentation to the board? Feeling anxious and worried is a common reaction is such situations. It is, however, different, when anxiety moves to the level of a disorder that debilitates you from living a normal life.
Types: Different type of anxiety disorders include
a) Generalized anxiety disorder: People suffering from this disorder generally have a persistent fear or worry of everyday matters. Will you manage to get to office on time? Will you be able to make the money you need? Will you be able to get sleep tonight! -All of which are valid thoughts which convert into an anxiety problem if you dwell on them too long and too hard.
b) Phobia: This is the largest category in anxiety disorders characterized by the fear of an object, person or situation.
c) Panic disorder: The unfortunate part of this disorder is a panic attack that can be triggered by an object of fear or an intense situation which can cause the person to have difficulty in breathing, tremble, shake and often disable them for anything between 10 minutes to a few hours.
d) Agoraphobia: Want to escape from the room but your feet won't cooperate? That's agoraphobia -a fear linked with panic disorder which makes you feel trapped.
e) Social anxiety disorder: Most of us may have experienced a form of this fear when we had to go on stage for a performance or speaking assignment. When it escalates to become a disorder, the fear manifests itself with physical symptoms and sometimes aggravates to social isolation.
f) Post traumatic stress disorder: This is the aftermath of being in a traumatic situation like combat, natural disaster, rape and hostage situation.
g) Other anxiety disorders: These include separation anxiety (from being separated from a person or place), situational anxiety (like claustrophobia that happens when a person is in a situation of tightly crowded places) and Obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD) where a person follows compulsive rituals to get relief from the anxiety.
Anxiety disorder is a mental illness. It is not a result of personal weakness, a character flaw, or poor upbringing. Though exact causes are unclear, scientists say that disorders are caused by a combination of factors, including changes in the brain and environmental stress. Drugs, alcohol abuse, certain medical conditions and genetics are also possible triggers for anxiety disorder.
Symptoms: It mostly includes one or more of symptoms like restlessness, irritability, concentration problems, fatigue, muscle tension and sleep disturbance
Anxiety disorders are often 'caught in the act' during a flare up or a high stress situation when the victim is unable to cope with the situation. Standardized screening clinical questionnaires such as the Taylor Manifest Anxiety Scale or the Zung Self-Rating Anxiety Scale can be used to detect anxiety symptoms, and the need for a formal diagnostic assessment of anxiety disorder may be suggested.
Treatment: It generally includes lifestyle changes, medication and therapy. If you are looking for help for an anxiety disorder, book a private appointment with us.
Making few dietary changes and losing weight are effective treatments for reducing blood pressure.
1) lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
2) eat a healthy diet, including more fruits, vegetables, low fat dairy products, less saturated fats.
3) exercise regularly.
1) avoid canned, packaged or processed foods.
2) avoid smoking.
3) avoid alcohol.
4) avoid fried foods.