Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. AravindhanYour feedback matters!
My periods are 11 days late and still there are no symptoms of pms. Because of this delayed periods I am feeling very uneasy. Please recommend some instant cure since I have my exams within few days.
Sir I am facing problem regarding remember of cmcepts, please suggest me how can I improve my learning power?
Dear doctors, while taking stress or confusion by putting pressure in mind, my semen is discharged without sexual stimulation and my body is getting weak and weight lost. In this condition, if I keep taking stress or confusion by putting pressure on mind, will I get affected by diabetes or cardiac arrest in the future in the long run. Pls answer. I'm male, age- 29.
Sir I'm vijay I am preparing for exams. I don't have much remembers power so please give me food suggestion for me.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I have a very weak memory. So I couldn't remember things easily. What should I do to increase memory?
I have a fear and also throat pain also choose and cold, my body is paining so what type of medicine I take.Please tell.
Can Autism be cured at home without any professional therapy, as those are much costly for a common man.
I am finding problems in erection for last 2 years, I am 31 years old male do not know if it is because of stress or what.
Hello sir I'm so depressed because of my loneliness I couldn't live without a person whom I love, he is not responding me properly like before and saying that I am not giving respect to him. If I scold him for not talking with me, he is scolding me back that i'm compelling him to talk with Me. And this is what my problem is. How to get relief out of this.?
My mother, aged 50 yrs, is a schizophrenic patient. The treatment is going on from 3 years and she was fine but 6 months before she stopped taking medicines so now again she is depressed, weak memory, quiet and thinks too much. Is there requirement of any other treatment or only medicines will help?
I used to be a confident and happy go lucky guy. But now am just insecure about my future, my family and would other people accept me or not and I can see on people faces that they don't like me or are not good with me. What should I do, I am completely freaking out. I even had suicidal thoughts and feels shaking some times. What should I do. I am taking ashvagandha tablets are they useful?
Sir please suggest how to quit smoking habbit. I smoke 2-4 cigarette on every 4-5th day. I try to cntrl the carvings but on 4-5th day its so much that i cant stop it n go fr it. Please help soon. In between i developed a habbit of havig 2 cigarette daily for around a week or more bt i tried n reduced n so please suggest me the way to quit it completely n if any chewing gums available please suggest it too. Its for my friend aged 20yrs.
I am 23 year old I have completed b.e in 2015 now looking for job I attend more than 30 interview but I did not selected while attend the interview ,group discussion, speaking in public I am always be nervous ,panic ,my body temperature get increased suddenly that time I can not express what I am thinking? To solve the this problem I have prepared well try to correct my mistake in the previous what reason causing this problem idont know what to do please help me.
If someone in your family or your partner is suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder, your mental health is at stake too. You will have to take care of yourself and your emotional needs first. Life can be frustrating for you all the time. But, you need to identify your ‘feel good’ activities and take some time out of your daily life to relax and calm down. Remember, you can succeed in the critical task of appeasing or pleasing your dear one with BPD, only when you are at peace with yourself first. Destress yourself to fight back the depression or emotional drainage caused by handling a BPD patient.
Here are few things that can help you have a better life while being in a relationship with a person suffering from BPD:
1. Don’t isolate yourself: You must be in touch with people you like to be with. You need emotional support from friends and family to deal with life. Spending some quality time with friends and family members can add little happiness to your life. It will boost up your energy level to fight back the dark side of life. You must remember that you have a life as well.
2. Take care of your health: Sometimes, relatives of BPD patients forget to take care of their physical health. They forget basic stuffs like having proper meals, exercising, etc just because they are caught-up in a stressful relationship. But, remember you can help your loved one better only when you are physically fit.
3. Manage stress: Don’t get anxious or depressed with the ongoing stress in your life. It will only add to your existing problems. Keep your nerves cool to have a better life for yourself as well as your sweetheart with BPD.
4. Believe in the 3c’s formula: Well, it is a formula recommended by most of the mental health practitioners. Don’t blame yourself for the irrational behaviour of your friend or dear one. The patient with BPD is solely responsible for his or her destructive behaviour or abnormal outburst. You will have to remember these 3c’s: I didn't cause it; I can't cure it; and I can't control it.
5. Careful communication: You have to be very careful while communicating with BPD patients. Don’t argue or try to convince them, when they are already in a disturbed frame of mind or agitated. They might end up getting destructive. Listen to their words carefully and patiently. Occasional nodding in between a conversation is advisable to let them feel assured about the fact that they are being heard and understood.
Don’t forget to acknowledge their feelings. It is also important that you stay calm when the patient is angry and has turned destructive.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.