Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. AravindhanYour feedback matters!
I have little depression and laziness problems. Although I have improved. Doctor has written salt name on my slip. I want to know which company I should prefer. Please tell.
Are you aware of behavioral and emotional disorders in children? During the developmental years of a child, constant growth and change are signified. This fact should be strictly kept in mind while dealing with behavioral and emotional disorders in children. Brain disorders like bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety disorders may affect any child during early childhood. The assistance of a mental health professional should be taken while dealing with these problems. On a global scale, almost 15% of children suffer from behavioral disorders. Among the different forms of behavioral disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome accounts for being one of the most common ones.
Here is a list of the different forms of behavioral and emotional disorders, which are observed in children:
ADHD- This common mental disorder in children is more common in boys than in girls. Commonly, children affected with this disorder are unable to finish familiar tasks, plan or sit still. They may even lose awareness about what goes around them. ADHD-affected children may seem fine on some days, but on other days, they may experience disorganized and frenzied activities. This disorder may continue into adolescence and adulthood as well. There are several treatment options for ADHD, which may include medications, therapy and educational options.
Autism- Children affected with autism seem to become indifferent, remote and isolated in a world of their own. They are unable to form emotional ties with other people or their peers. Autism is more likely to occur in boys than in girls. The condition may result in language delays, mental retardation, and in some cases, a child may suffer high functioning and usual speech and intelligence. This is because the brain of such children functions differently than others. Consistency is very important for managing autism in children.
Bipolar Disorder- This disorder is most likely to begin in early childhood and it continues into adulthood. It is featured by extreme mood swings in the patient. A child may have extremely high or euphoric feelings, but his mood may turn into depression and sadness all of a sudden. This condition is a genetic illness, and it is often mistaken or misdiagnosed as ADHD.
Anxiety- Anxiety disorders make children feel uneasy, distressed and unusually scared for no appropriate reason. Panic disorders, featured, by intense episodes of fear, which occur without any kind of provocation or signal are a common type of anxiety disorder. OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder, which is repetitive and compulsive in nature, is another type of anxiety disorder.
It is very important to treat and deal with children’s behavioral and emotional disorders at an early stage. Early diagnosis enables an early start of treatment, which prevents further degradation of the condition. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 25 years old male and I have less confident about my speaking and activities. How to improve my spontaneous speaking and thinking? Please I am facing lots of problem because of this. Help me.
How to concentrate on my studies & lower my time of sleep & please suggest the proper diet, and how to sharpen my mind?
I am 17 years old and I keep thinking and worrying about small things I can not stop thinking. I want to knw if it it normal o I have anxiety disorder. If I have anxiety disorder how can I get rid of it.
Hello sir, my mind is not working I. Sometimes. I forgot something easily. Which doctor can I consult.
He feel very depressed because he lost one of his best friend last year. Hoe can he overcome this situation. Waiting for immediate reply.
Hello, My boyfriend has deep depression and he hurts every part of body (one moment he hurts leg and in the other moment he hurts stomach). He wants to die, also he has phobias that he has some incurable diseases. Often (at least once in day) he feels lack of ability of breathing and he feels afraid of being asphyxiated. He has no heart diseases, but feels hurt in chest too. Please tell me, probably what diagnosis can be, and how can be solved this problem?
These are some basic steps that many of us know but forget to think when in emotional distress sometimes. I am collating that for a quick recap.
Thoughts constitute an important part of one’s life. Those thoughts can be favourable or unfavourable. For a few people, those thoughts are unfavourable most of the times. They often keep thinking about the negative outcomes of a work. Their friends and people around them who keep hearing the same will also start wondering if that work can ever be successful. To come out of such situations, it is better to follow a few basic steps.
1. Do not speculate that that something might happen and start looking at the facts. Never come to a conclusion without any proof.
2. If an untoward incident happened in the past, don’t think that it will repeat itself again. For example if you have failed in an exam, it doesn’t mean that you will fail in every aspect of life.
3. Stop worrying about what is not happening and start focussing about what is happening. Many of us have faults in our thought process. Because of that, we tend to forget about the favourable incidents happening and only worry about those that didn’t happen.
4. Don’t spiral any incident out of control. For instance, if you call a friend and if she didn’t answer it, it doesn’t mean for sure that she is not interested in talking to you. If you are thinking like that, it means that you are also worried about petty issues. Inculcate patience. Just leave a message to your friend and forget that incident and start looking at what other better activities to do.
5. Lot of people keep saying that they are not intelligent and that they are not fit for anything. If you think like that, your results will also become the same. So, stop thinking like that and perhaps start thinking that you have some weaknesses and you have other strengths that will make you fit for several other activities. There are no 100% bad or 100% good people in the world. Don’t speculate forever about what your weaknesses are and talk to people around you to understand what they think about you.
6. Emotional thinking in negative circumstances can lead to lowering your self confidence. Instead of generalising that you are unfit, it is perhaps that you are unfit for a certain task or at a certain time only.
7. When problems occur in one’s family, you may think that you are the reason. Instead of blaming yourself, look for a solution and solve the problem. With the outcome, you will feel better.
8. When you hear remarks from someone, do not treat it as untoward attitude towards you. Everyone makes mistakes and you have committed a mistake which is not an anomaly. All that you have to do is to learn from the mistakes and try to not repeat such mistakes in future. It will not help to reminisce about the mistake forever.
It is highly important to realise negativity. Immediately after, think comprehensively about the issue analysing the facts and try to mitigate your negative thoughts. Try to talk to a friend or a family member or a counsellor to help you reduce such ill thoughts.
Sir I have anxiety. Please help me how to reduce anxiety. Whenever anxiety comes I'm feeling to pass motion urgently.
I am 25 years old my prblm is am feeling very stress and I can't control my way of thinking for small things .how can I come outside from this please give me solution.
I am 26 year old male. I have a personal problems wit my partner its regarding the past which I am not able to forget. Am basically a gymer but now not able concentrate on gym nor on my diet nor daily routine. I am not able to share my feeling wit any1. Please do help me if you can.
I am 21 age please give me some therapy to ignore nagtvty. Just when I goes to do a task some kind of ngtv thinking struck me nt do. Like I will wear a jeans pant then a thinking will come in my mind that I f wear this then something wrong will happen like I never success so you wear another pant if am going somewhere then ngtv thinking stuck that do not go if you go something will wrong happen so go this way not that way. Give me sometherpy in village theres no such good psychologist. I need your favor.
- Recognise the warning signs. Some days we are just on edge, and that's ok. But try to work on becoming a calmer person and try some things to help you chill.
- Annihilate tension with exercise. It's much harder to be angry when you're tired from a run, and any exercise will help reduce stress.
- Detox the brain. Alcohol, cigarettes and drugs can make us more edgy. Also ensure you're getting enough sleep.
- If you feel the anger boiling up, force yourself to breathe, count to 10 and smile.
- Do the things that make you happy. Dancing, art, reading, walking, or just jumping around to your favourite song may help!
- Seek help from professional to learn more strategies to control your anger