Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aravindh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. AravindhYour feedback matters!
I have just recovered from Viral Fever ,it took 10 days but my joints are still paining esp my knee calfs are swollen and pains when I touch them and it becomes difficult to walk ,pl suggest some treatment.
We all crave for that glowing, healthy skin which is easy to maintain and are willing to shell our exorbitant amounts to achieve the same. However, we need not look far. There are some magical products right in our homes which can do the trick for us, without spending time or money. Besan (gram flour) is one such wonder.
Read on to know some of its most significant benefits.
- Anti-tanning effects: If you have just come back from a holiday and are wondering how to get rid of the tan from your face, then try this. Mix a couple of spoons of besan with some lime, yogurt and a pinch of turmeric. Leave it on your face for a while and wash it off to see your skin become radiant and glowing. In about a week’s time, your tan would be a thing of the past.
- Decrease oily feeling: For people with oily or greasy skin, a simple face pack made by mixing gram flour with raw milk or yogurt applied for 20 minutes will do wonders. It can even be mixed with rose water and honey and used as a face pack. The residues and the dirt that oily skin tends to accumulate would be gone.
- Anti-acne agent: While acne continues to remain one of the dreadful skin issues, the besan comes to the rescue here too. Mixed with sandalwood powder, milk and turmeric powder, besan can be used to fight pimples. Apply it on the skin and dry it off once it dries.
- Anti-sagging effect: Whip up an egg white and add gram flour to it and apply it on the face for about 30 minutes. The skin will be firmer and will have a youthful glow.
- For instant fairness: When you have a function coming up or have to go out and do not have time for a visit to the parlour, head to the kitchen. Take the besan flour and add orange peel powder if available or just add milk cream. Use circular motions to help it soak into the skin. When you wash it after about 20 to 30 minutes, the skin will be soft, supple, and flowing.
- Controls unwanted hair: With regular use, besan mixed with fenugreek seeds (methi) or sandalwood powder, lime, and milk cream helps control unwanted hair growth.
For those who remember, besan is the only cleaning agent used, which leaves them with soft, supple skin which is free of oiliness and unwanted hair. So, what are you waiting for? The best art is that this can be used regularly without having to step out of the house while continuing to do the regular household chores. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
For a healthy body, proper digestion and absorption of food is very important. The digestion is an extremely intricate process and involves many organs. Impairment in any of the organs can hamper the digestive process, leading to a very common condition called dyspepsia. It is caused by malfunction of one of the muscular organs along the digestive tract including esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines and colon.
Causes: While dyspepsia is more a symptom, there are various reasons that lead to it including gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, infections, motility disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), cancers of the digestive tract or any other abnormality in the digestive tract.
Evaluation: When a patient has chronic dyspepsia or indigestion, the first thing to do is a thorough evaluation to find out the underlying cause. As noted above, there are functional and nonfunctional causes leading to dyspepsia. While gastric ulcers or polyps are visible during an endoscopy, conditions like gastritis and malignancy can only be diagnosed under microscopic examinations.
Some of the tests that are used for evaluation of the cause of dyspepsia include:
1. X-ray: Any growth would be visible on an x-ray and further testing can then be done to confirm the exact nature of it.
2. Endoscopy: This will allow the doctor to see the actual digestive tract and identify any structural abnormalities or growth.
3. Colonoscopy: If the problem is suspected to be in the lower gastrointestinal tract, then a colonoscopy may be in indicated.
4. Gastric emptying study: This study can also reveal the abnormalities in the digestive tract
5. Culture: Dyspepsia caused by Helicobacter pylori can be diagnosed through cultures of the stomach contents.
Treatment: The treatment of dyspepsia is quite complicated and cannot be clearly outlined given the various conditions that it is associated with. Even specific foods can induce indigestion in some people. Therefore, a multipronged approach is required to treat dyspepsia.
Education: The affected person should be educated about the non-life-threatening nature of the problem and its chronicity. Some of the drugs used in treatment include:
1. Proton pump inhibitors: These reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach and thereby help in relieving symptoms.
2. Promotility drugs: They improve the movement of the muscles in the intestinal tract and are so used in managing dyspepsia.
3. Antibiotics: If an infection is suspected, antibiotics are effective.
4. Smooth muscle relaxants: Drugs like hyoscyamine and methscopolamine have been shown to provide relief in some patients.
5. Psychotropic drugs: Anxiety and depression are frequently seen in people with dyspepsia, and managing these can help reduce the dyspepsia.
As noted, the causes, symptoms, and management are very specific to individuals and needs to be managed by the doctor.
It's also a good idea to avoid naps during the day unless you take them every day at the same time, for the same amount of time.