Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArafYour feedback matters!
Always rinse your toothbrush thoroughly after brushing, and allow it to air-dry before using it again.
I am 30 years old. I have a huge gap of 2-3 mm in front two teeth. Can it be reduced to minimum or removed completely. What is the procedure and what it will cost? Will the effect be permanent.
I can not open my mount, just 1 inch I can open, can not eat spicy food and chilly. I have habit of gutkha and tobacco. Age 26, male.
Sir, I am 21 years old male. I have a problem that one of the upperparts of teeth is hole & fracture. Sir, please tell me what should I do?
I am suffering from tremendous tooth ache. It's my Right upper corner tooth right next to the tooth that has a big cavity. Can you please help me with this?
I have mouth wound for over 1 month. How I will cure? Even I taken b- complex tonic, tablet but its not cure?
Hello Doctor, Apart from taking care of my teeth by brushing, flossing, whitening etc. Are there any other tips/steps/ ways to follow so as to have a better and more beautiful smile. Explanations will be much appreciated. Thanks, in advance.
Now a days I feel like having pinch of salt to taste. Not in food but as it is and I am having ice cubes that too whole 4 times a day. What's the problem i am going through. Please reply.
Yesterday I ate my milk teeth which size was equal to size of a sugar (china) I mean very small. What should I do.
Gud mrng My problem, when ever I speak mouth smells it hurts me a lot, even if I brush nicely after sum times it starts smelling so, I want my mouth to be fresh always.
Hello doc. Am 34 years. A couple of years back, while trying to open a cold drink bottle with my teeth, I broke a tooth and half of the tooth remained attached to my gum till now. Its on the right side upper portion of my mouth. I even got two teeth injured in the process, like the whiteness to these two teeth gone and inner yellow portion becomes visible, though these two teeth didnt broke off. Now I get bad smell from my mouth many times. Previously I felt that may be my stomach is empty so I get bad breath, but now even my stomach is full I get fowl smell from mouth. I feel ashamed to talk to people in close. What should I do?
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.