Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna VijayakumarYour feedback matters!
I am a female age 40 years. I have ant crawl feeling in my right palm & numbness in the whole right hand along with right shoulder paining from last so many years, please tell me the medicines, I will be thankfull to you.
Hello sir mere papa ko paralysis huwa hai pechle 6 mahino se ab unhe baat karne aur sidi haat ki 2 ungliya kaam nahi kar pa rahe aise me unhe kya karna chayiye aur kis dr ko dikhane se unhe acha hoga ?
Is there is any treatment for brain stroke in ayurveda and homeopathy. I am taking" ecosprin" for the last one year for brain stroke but the results are not upto the mark.
Hi sir I am very happy to see that you helps through online sir i am 29 I am suffering from migraine what is its treatment ?
Hello, I wanted to know whether you have treatment for advanced stage of dementia? It should result in stopping the degeneration & restoring lost functions.
Hi, I am 25 year male. I am facing the problem of migraine from one year or more. Please suggest what should I do?
My wife has tingling sensation in forefinger and feels it's not sensitive anymore. The same feeling now has started with the middle finger. What can be done and which specific doctor is to be consulted? Thanks.
I am suffering from migraine .its very painful from 6 months I consult the Dr. And they gv vasograin tablet but when I take medicine I feel better but after some time again start the pain. Pls suggest better Dr. Or medicine.
I am regularly suffering from migraine. Can you any one please telma the solutions or remedies for this. Please.
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.