Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna VijayakumarYour feedback matters!
The patient is suffering from migraine. Will taking chocolates have good or bad impact on her health?
I am 52 years of age working in Govt service, I am suffering from insomnia for the last one decade, now I am taking clonazepam 0.5 MG tablet every night. Is it healthy or you suggest any other alternatives G. Vidyasagar Hyderabad.
I feel very depressed all the time and break myself in to tears without my conscious .Is it any neuro disorder please help me.
She is having parkinson. She feels like her brain is very tired and weak. What she should take along with parkinson's medicines to supplement brain?
I have a problem of migraine from last 4-5 year's. I had consulted many doctors in the past but I didn't get relief.
I have pain on the left side of my head vertically. Went through brain scan der it is mentioned as HYPODENSE SOFT TISSUE SEEN IN THE LEFT HALF OF SPHENOID SINUS -LIKELY sinusitis. Does I have migraine.
My wife of 43 year old suffer from migraine, it actually start the moment she is about to reach orgasm or little earlier if she attain high level of sexual arousal while we are in advanced stage of foreplay. Is there any medicine to prevent the same. This issue is hurting our sexual life and also putting me in great stress.
My son has migraine problem. Please advise what is proper treatment of migraine pain and what precaution is to be taken. Regards, Balbir Kainth, M-9888179377.
I am 38 year old business man. I have migraine problem in weekly 2 to 3 times. Please suggest remedy for this problem.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.