Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna BhatnagarYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, Good Morning Sir Meri Aankhon me allergy h 5 saalo se dawai kha raha hun but phir bhi aankho me bhut khujli hoti h. Can you please help me this. Thanks
I have red eyes since a month. I am operating a computer so it always shows red eye so I request you why it becomes always red? I request you to give me proper solutions of it Thanks in advance.
While driving, some foreign particles entered my right eye. There is irritation whenever I blink eye. Can anyone help to have temporary solution for time being?
How to improve my eye power Some of d doctors said me I should were the glass till my life ends But I don't like to were my glass is there any way to cure my problem.
I have constant headache and eyes pain what is the reason behind is it because of excess use of gadgets?
I wear spectacles because of them my eyes now look very small and dark. any help that can help them to look normal?
I am suffering from eye defect. Power of my eye is - 3.75. What is the solution for me. Wearing specs is irritate me. So give me a solution for that. Please laser operation will help me? How much of cost for that operation. I am an engineering student at anna University. So, please me a solution.
Dear sir I am sanjay .I'm45 years old I had my eye operation. I have very bad dag circle under my eyes. Please suggest me medicine.
As we age we get wiser for our experiences and knowledge, but it is also an accepted fact that our body and organ system get much weaker and there may be little that we can do about it. As we hit the middle ages, we start to experience problems such as wrinkles or greying of hair and general fatigue and tiredness after a short amount of activity. However, the real trouble starts when major system dysfunctions, such as the eyes and the vision.
Simple things like reading a book or a newspaper may become major tasks and it may be time to realise that we may be suffering from presbyopia. Presbyopia is commonly known as farsightedness and this is a problem in which patients find it difficult to see objects clearly when they are too close to the eyes.
How it affects the eyes:
It is a common knowledge that the vision system works with the help of natural lenses and its focal point. When the focal point of vision falls on the lenses, you may be able to experience perfect vision, but when it starts to move slightly off the point you may experience problems in viewing regular things such as printed or written words or even the things on your phone or computer.
Experiencing blurred vision when you try to view closer objects occurs because the elasticity of the lens of the eyes changes and the focal length of the lens changes with it. However, there are a lot of treatment alternatives for the problem and people do not have to start feeling old just because they experience difficulty in vision.
The more conventional treatments for presbyopia include the use of glasses with a power of lens that help in correcting the vision and reading may become a favoured activity again. For those who find the use of glasses to be a hindrance in regular life may also opt for contact lens, which may be a more comfortable alternative for those who may not want to make their problem obvious to the world. In a lot of cases, the people who suffer from the problem of far-sightedness may also choose to undergo surgery for the problem so that it can be corrected completely and no other measures may have to be taken.
Health issues may be a regular occurrence as you advance in age and you may have to find alternatives and treatments that help ease out the situation, but it is most imperative to make sure that you take the best advice from a qualified and certified doctor so that you problem may be diagnosed correctly and you may be able to get treatment suggestions that may cater to your specific body and ailment needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My wife is diagonised'with dimension of vision for the left eye. The best corrected visual acuity is 6/6 in the right eye and counting fingers @3m N36 in the left eye. Anterior segment was within normal limits. Intra ocular pressure was 18mmHg in both eyes. Fundus Examination revealed drusen in the right eye and choroidal neovascular membrane with sub- retinal haemorrhage and sub-retinal fluid in the left eye, confirmed with optical coherence tomography (OCT). 1) What is advisable line of treatment for her? 2) How far it is successful ?3) Can she get normal vision after treatment or only it is going arrest further deterioration? Kindly give a reply. She has been advised to take treatment as early as possible.
My eyes are weak, I use to wear lenses as well as specs but from last sometime around 2 month my eyes had started paining and the pain is increasing day by day. Even when I am using spec my eyes get start paining. Please help.
I have red eyes problem I can't sit in front of the computer for long time shall I get any eye drops for this. My eyes goes painting too I am facing this problem since last six months.
I am a 26 year female and I am suffering from eye darkness. I have apply many types of home remedies. But unable to avoid it so sir please suggest me immediately.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.