Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha RYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 27th day without using any protection. As I have little bit doubt at the time when my hubby ejaculated. He just pulled out his penis but we couple are in doubt. Should I take ipill or is it safe to avoid pregnancy. Please help doctor.
My wife is 45 years old. She has lost a lot of weight in the last one year or so and also looks tired and exhausted by the end of the day, though previously, she did not suffer from these problems. Last week she suffered from acute stomach pain and the doctor advised some tests. From the reports, 2 things have come to light. 1. She has a cyst in her ovary and 2. She has a swelling in her kidney. Please advise what should be done?
My question is for gynaecologist regarding the vaccine Rubel (preventive for cervical cancer. Is it worth or mandatory to be administered in all the girls and does it has any side effects (short term or long term) both?
My girlfriend is having heavy menstrual cramps and as per her it's paining a lot. Please advice. What are the reasons of such cramps and how to get relieved from such pains.
Missing periods from 1month 15days. Sticky secretions coming from vagina. Labia minora shrinking. Did not had sex from 3months. Used i-pill during last sex. Which was 3months before and had 2 periods after that.
Hello Sir, Me and my wife is having same blood group (a+. Can you please tell me how it ll affect our childbirth. And how can we cured? Please explain a bit in detail.
Hi i'm 24 years old. After marriage my periods became very irregular it is taking morethan 2 months before it was between 30 to 40 days. Last month I went for scan. I get to know that I have pcod. I'm using normoz tablets now. My last month period is on 16th may till now I didn't get period. Ye sterday I did pregnancy test it shows negative. From last 5 days i'm observing milk like discharge from my nipples. I went for serum prolactin test the result is 24.25ng/ml. What is the reason for this discharge is it due to hormone imbalance or it is a symptom of breast cancer please give me reply.
Does receiving oral sex from a female without condom will transmit HIV to the receiver if she is HIV positive.
My period use to start in the first week of the month but till now my period haven't started yet. I have thrice test urine pregnancy test but it all turns out negative. I had ipill last month during sex. Why my period haven't started yet?
Dear sir/madam, Before monthly date coming than after start pain in my breast. Please solve my problem.
The natural process of childbirth and/or aging can result in damage to the vaginal walls and muscles; all around the vaginal, urethral and rectal tubes. Similarly vaginal and pelvic tissue is also affected due to aging process and incontinence is a normal part of aging.
Women want a solution to rejuvenate and tighten the vagina and achieve improved sexual function. Even women with no children can experience these problems because of aging, hormonal issues, history of smoking, and weight gain or weight loss.
Femilift with its excellent patient satisfaction record and shows long lasting successful outcome. It is totally safe and recommended by hundreds of women. Femilift stimulates collagen regeneration through the heat of a pain free laser giving immediate effect. Femilift is one of the best procedures in cosmetic gynaecology but needs repeated sittings.
Many women come to us tell us that their lives has been changed in a way that they never knew was possible. We are very proud to lead the way in this vaginal tightening revolution.
- Tighten and tone loose and sagging vaginal and labial area
- Proven technology for safe, accurate and effective results
- Pain free vaginal remodeling and stress urinary incontinence
- Lunch break procedure at the gynecologist clinic (15 - 30 min)
- Long lasting results
- No need for anesthetics
- Improves vaginal dryness
- Pain free treatment
- 3 to 4 treatment sittings for more than 90% treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Respected Mam, I have unprotected intercourse on 28 & taken unwanted 72. On 30 somehow I have taken another unwarranted 72. On next 5 & 6 have very very less period. After that I am still waiting for period for a month, my actual date is on 1st of every month. Upto done on 16 and it was negative. No symptom of period .Kindly suggest what to do now. Regards.
Is there any side effects to use contraception pill? Like I pill. Any other medicine for having safe sex?
My 10 weeks pregnant. She have UTI. For that her gyn. doctor prescribed cefuroxime axetil 500 mg 2 times for a day. Is this safe for mother and baby?
Cancer is the abnormal, uncontrolled growth of cells in a particular body part. With continued growth, pieces of this tissue travel through the blood to different body parts and continue to grow in the new area. This is known as metastases. Breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer and affects about 1 in 8 women in the USA. Read on to know more details of breast cancer – breast anatomy, causes, symptoms, risk factors, detection, prevention, and of course treatment.
Anatomy: The main function of the breast is lactation through its milk-producing tissue that are connected to the nipple by narrow ducts. In addition, there is surrounding connective tissue, fibrous material, fat, nerves, blood vessels and lymphatic channels which complete the structure. This is essential to know as most breast cancers develop as small calcifications (hardened particles) in the ducts or as small lumps in the breast tissue which then continues to grow into cancer. The spread can happen through lymphatic or blood flow to other organs.
Warning signs/symptoms: The following are some symptoms that need to be watched out for if you have a predisposition to breast cancer.
- A lump in either of the breasts or armpits
- Change in size, shape, or contour of either breast
- Redness of your breast or nipple
- Discharge of clear or bloody fluid
- Thickening of breast tissue or skin that lasts through a period
- Altered look or feel of the skin on the breast or the nipple (dimpled, inflamed, scaly, or puckered)
- One area on the breast that looks very different from the other areas
- Hardened area under the breast skin
Either one or a combination of these should be an indication to get a detailed checkup done. Early diagnosis results in controlling the disease with minimal treatment and reduced complications.
Causes and risk factors: The exact cause for breast cancer is yet to be pinned down. However, risk factors are clearly identified, and women with risk factors need to watch out for warning signs.
- Family history: Of all the risk factors, the family history is the most important. Breast cancer runs in families, and if there is a first-degree relative with the breast cancer, the chances of developing it are almost double. Two genes BRCA1 and BRCA2 are the carriers of the disease, and this testing can be done in women to identify if they are at risk.
- Family history of other cancers: Even if there is no breast cancer, if there are other cancers that run in the family, watch out.
- Age: Women over 50 are at higher risk of developing breast cancer.
- Race: Caucasian and Jewish women are at higher risk of breast cancer than African-American women.
- Hormones: Greater exposure to the female hormone estrogen increases the chances of developing breast cancer. Women who use birth control pills for contraception and hormone replacement after menopause are at a higher risk of developing breast cancer.
- Gynecologic milestones: Women who have abnormal menstrual milestones need to watch out. These include those who attain menarche before 12 years of age, get pregnant after 30, attain menopause after 55, and have menstrual cycles shorter than 26 days or longer than 29 days.
- Obesity and alcohol abuse are also likely to increase a woman’s chances of developing breast cancer.
Stages: Starting from stage 0, higher stages indicate advanced disease.
- Stage 0: The growth which has begun in the milk-producing tissue or the ducts has remained there (in situ) and not spread to any other area, including the rest of the breast.
- Stage I: The tissue slowly becomes invasive and has begun to affect the surrounding healthy tissue. It could have spread to the fatty breast tissue and some breast tissue may be found in the nearby lymph nodes.
- Stage II: The cancer at this stage grows considerably or spreads to other parts. There are chances that cancer may grow and also spread.
- Stage III: It may have spread to the bones or other organs but small amounts are present in up to 9 to 10 of the lymph nodes in the armpits and collar bones which makes it is difficult to fight.
- Stage IV: The cancer is widespread to far-flung areas like the liver, lungs, bones, and even the brain.
Screening: This is one of the most effective ways to identify the disease in its early stages. This will help in controlling cancer from spreading with minimal treatment.
- Self-examination: A thorough self-examination to look for changes in terms of shape, size, colour, contour, and firmness should be learned by all women. Watch for any discharge, sores, rashes, or swelling in the breasts, surrounding skin, and nipple. Examine them while standing and when lying down.
- In most women, annual screening mammograms are advised after the age of 40. However, in women who have a strong family history or genetic makeup, it is advisable to have screening mammograms starting at age 20 every 3 years and then annually from the age of 40.
- Women in high-risk categories should have screening mammograms every year and typically start at an earlier age.
- Ultrasound screening can also be given in addition to mammograms.
- Breast MRI is another way to screen for breast cancer if the risk is greater.
Breast Cancer Prevention: Now that there is so much awareness about causes and risk factors, there are definitely ways to prevent or delay the onset of the disease.
- Exercise and a healthy diet with reduced amount of alcohol are definitely effective in minimising the chances of developing cancer.
- Tamoxifen is used in women who are at high risk for breast cancer.
- Evista (raloxifene) which is used to treat osteoporosis after menopause. It is also widely used in preventing breast cancer.
- In high-risk women, breasts are surgically removed to prevent the development of cancer (preventive mastectomy).
Treatment: As with all cancers, treatment would depend on the stage at which it is identified and include a combination of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. As noted earlier, if you are at risk, look out for warning signs as early diagnosis is the key to maximum recovery.
Vaginal irritation skin peeling off and itching and burns. Had shaved vagina with razor and had unprotected sex 2 months back. Consulted doc and she gave AF kit so the sores and blisters in and around vagina were gone. Area around vagina is white and flesh blisters are there I think. Please help.
How do you suppose to sit?
Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don't reach the floor.
Don't cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
How you should stand properly?
Bear your weight primarily on the balls of your feet.
Keep your knees slightly bent.
Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
Let your arms hang naturally down the sides of the body.
Stand straight and tall with your shoulders pulled backward.
Tuck your stomach in.
Keep your head level-your earlobes should be in line with your shoulders. Do not push your head forward, backward, or to the side.
Shift your weight from your toes to your heels, or one foot to the other, if you have to stand for a long time.
What is the proper lying position?
Find the mattress that is right for you. While a firm mattress is generally recommended, some people find that softer mattresses reduce their back pain. Your comfort is important.
Sleep with a pillow. Special pillows are available to help with postural problems resulting from a poor sleeping position.
Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
Sleeping on your side or back is more often helpful for back pain. If you sleep on your side, place a pillow between your legs. If you sleep on your back, keep a pillow under your knees.
Chilies have always been known as ingredients that add spice to indian food. Without chilies, any indian food cuisine is incomplete. Both have distinct tastes and also have different health benefits. Here's a comparison between the two:
Red Chilli: Red chilies are dried and then used in food a preparation. It is spicier or hotter than green chilies.
- Source of iron absorption - Red chilies contain a good proportion of iron which is very good for blood health. They also have a lot of vitamin c that helps the body in absorbing iron
- Burns calories - They produce heat in the body that directly burns down calories, just like heat generated due to exercise
- Relieves from congestion - In india red chilies are provided to a person for consumption when he is suffering from cold. It relieves congestion and helps is better respiration
- Reduces blockage in arteries - They are very powerful antioxidants that clear any blockages in the arteries or blood vessels.
Green Chilli: Green chilies are more subtle in taste and are used as fresh spices in various food preparations.
- Manages blood sugar levels - Green chilies tackle high blood sugar levels and control it if consumed regularly
- Promotes digestion - Owing to the various fibers found in them, they help in better digestion
- Good for skin - Green chilies being rich in vitamin e is a very good spice for a clean and healthy skin
- Very good for heart - Due to a considerable proportion of beta-carotene in green chilies the cardiovascular systems stays strong and the heart too stays healthy
- Both chilies have great benefits and consuming both in permitted quantities is only good for health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.