Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anuradha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
1. Lead in drinking water is absorbed more completely than lead in food
2. It account for more than 50 percent of the lead that is ingested by children
3. Municipal water supplies are controlled and regulated to prevent contamination at the source
4. However, once the water reaches the home, it is rarely regulated, tested, or treated.
5. EPA action level for lead in water is 15 parts per billion (ppb).
6. Most lead-contamination of household water is caused by copper plumbing that is joined with lead solder
7. Lead pipes may contribute to lead-contamination, but lead plumbing usually is old enough to have its inner surface coated with mineral deposits, which prevent leaching of lead into the water supply.
8. Other potential sources for lead contamination include storage cisterns, sources of water that are outside the municipal water districts, and aging water coolers and water heaters, particularly in areas where the water has a relatively low pH
9. Acidity and elevated temperature increase the ability of the water to leach lead from the solder or pipes, as does standing in the pipes for extended periods of time (eg, overnight).
10. The ability of home water filters or purifiers to remove lead depends upon the type of filter. Ion-exchange, reverse-osmosis filters, and distillation are effective in removing lead, but the most commonly available home filters (glass fiber and carbon) usually include packaging material that specifies that they do not efficiently remove heavy metals.Water to be used for cooking or drinking should come from the cold tap because hot water is more able to leach lead from the pipes. In addition, the water should be run for some time before it is collected; this flushes the water that has a higher lead content (caused by standing in the pipes) down the drain