Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
I am 2-3 weeks pregnant .I need to end this pregnancy. I have consult a local doctor and scanned, And she give 1 medicine for swallowing and 4 medicine for placing in bottom. I want to know the side effects and future pregnancy problems and any other risks.
My wife is studying college so we plan to postpone baby for one year. But some time we done unprotected sex, so she has 3 months irregular periods. Her regular period is every month 5. This month we done one time unprotected sex, but before my sperm come I stop it. She ate papaya, semseeds. But she did not get this month periods. Normally she get periods on 5 th of every month. We test in home kit for 3 days. Result is negative. So She get scar and take regestrone 5 mg tablet For 4 days. But till she did not get period. What we want to do now. We are confused. If she is pregnant or not. When she get periods. please give me any suggestion.
My wife's period was stop in 14 may & I had unprotected sex on 20 may morning & I ejaculate outside of vagina. After 30 mins my wife's start brown vagina discharge flow is low. Brown vaginal discharge is still coming. Is this a sign of pregnancy or infection? If yes so what is the medicine to stop discharge.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which is chronic i.e. lasts for years or more than at least six weeks and may affect any part or organ of the body. The immune system fights off viruses, bacteria and germs by producing proteins known as antibodies. Autoimmune means that due to some defect, your immune system is unable to differentiate between the healthy tissues in your body and foreign invader that harms your body; thus creating antibodies that destroy the healthy tissues. This causes inflammation and damage to various parts of the bodies, leaving the sufferer in excruciating pain.
- Fatigue: Most of the people suffering from Lupus experience weariness and fatigue. People usually take afternoon naps to remedy this. However, this may lead to insomnia. Talk to a doctor to successfully cure this symptom.
- Unexplained Fever: If you suffer from recurrent fever that hovers around 99 to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, visit the doctor as soon as possible since this is a sign of infection or inflammation.
- Hair Loss: One of the most prominent symptoms of Lupus is hair loss or thinning of hair. You may find your hair looking brittle, thin and ragged, including the hair on your eyebrows, eyelashes and other parts of the body.
- Lesions or Skin Rash: Another prominent symptom is the butterfly rash that covers both the cheeks and the bridge of the nose and appears right before a flare up. This rash may occur all of a sudden or when exposed to the sunlight. Lupus also causes lesions and discoloration on various parts of the body due to exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Pulmonary Issues: Lupus causes pleuritic chest pain due to painful inflammation in the lungs as well as the areas surrounding it such as diaphragm and lung blood vessels. This affects the patient's breathing process. Moreover, Lupus is also known to decrease the size of the lung also called the "Vanishing Lung Syndrome" that is identified by shortness of breath and chronic chest pain.
- Kidney Inflammation: Most individuals suffering from Lupus tend to develop nephritis that is inflammation in the kidneys. It is imperative to visit the doctor if you have symptoms of Nephritis as it may cause end-stage renal disease (ESRD) if untreated.
I want to loss weight I am using lp slim and I am suffering from pcos can I use hyponid and only tablets from charak brand.
After taking trigger my follicle on day 15th and 16th the dominant follicle got partially ruptured (its only shrink in size. Dr. told me there is a mild fluid in POD and haemorrhagic cyst. Do I need another trigger for rupture? Is there is a chance to become pregnant in this cycle?
Is one I pill is enough to stop pregnancy? Or more dose is required or how much should wait for prega news test when get result?
My Wife (Age 28 weight 55) is 7 month pregnant and she has always low BP (90-110/ 50/60) but she has no physical symptoms of low BP. Is this level of BP can be dangerous during delivery or not. And can we do something to improve it?
I'm a female of 21 years married last last month I and my husband stay apart because our busy job but met only 3 days in month. Doing sex in 1 time in a month cause me become pregnant?
Hi there, I am 28 year old female having pregnancy related issues, can anybody please help me. When I was in 5 weeks of pregnancy, my doctor suggested me pelvic scan. In that I am having posterior wall fibroid meas 16*14 mm and suggested me IM Maintain injection for weekly once and I gone through that. Now I am having 10 weeks of pregnancy. This time scan says right ovarian cyst meas 43*38 mm, posterior fibroid meas 14*13 mm . And now doctor suggested me Endogest SR 200 mg daily once. Is this the correct treatment? Please suggest me the correct treatment to maintain this pregnancy.
I'm 23 years old. While doing romance with my boyfriend we do everything except intercourse. He use jerk and sometimes soon sperm comes out. He uses tissue to wipe. On that time he used to finger me with same hand without washing it. I was afraid to get pregnant with his act. Is it possible? Accidentally to get pregnant? I'm still virgin.
Hi I am 25 year old software professional. I am having 4 year relationship with a girl. My question Is anal sex good? I mean safe?
Helllo team doctor actually I am pregnant seventh week is gong to be end wit type 1diabities taking insulin morning 34 units evening 28 not stable Sugar sometimes fasting 118 ,107,111 and pp127, 141 ,143like this kyaa yee theek aur control kese kare please help.
I am 24years married I am taking unwanted pregnant I want to remove please sugest me just 10 day pregnant.
Exercising during pregnancy is beneficial not only for the expectant mother but also for the growing fetus. The effects of exercise at this time can be seen immediately and last a lifetime. Unless a woman suffers from a medical condition, she should have at least 20-30 minutes of moderate exercise a day when pregnant. Here are a few ways you can benefit from exercising when pregnant.
- Energy Boosts- Carrying a growing fetus can take away a lot of your energy leaving you feeling tired and listless. Exercising strengthens your cardiovascular system and circulatory system this giving you more energy to get through the day. It also strengthens and tones your muscles so that the effort needed for any activity is reduced.
- Improves your Sleep- Though exercise gives you a boost of energy, it also tires the muscles, thus making it easier to fall asleep at the end of the day. This is important, especially in the later stages of pregnancy where finding a comfortable position to sleep in becomes difficult.
- Lower the Risk of Pregnancy-related Complications- Regular exercise when pregnant can help reduce the risk of suffering from complications like gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Even if you are suffering from these complications, regular exercise can help manage the condition and treat it.
- Reduce Discomfort- During pregnancy, your muscles shift and skin stretches to accommodate the growing fetus. Regular exercise can help strengthen the muscles and reduce the aches and pains associated with pregnancy. While walking can improve circulation, swimming strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Make Childbirth Easier- Childbirth is considered by many to be the most painful part of pregnancy. If you choose to have a natural delivery, it requires stamina, focus and determination. Exercise tones the muscles and build stamina thus making it easier to push the baby out. Exercise is also said to reduce the time taken for child birth.
- Fight Stress- Pregnancy plays with your hormones a lot can lead to mood swings and depression. Exercise boosts serotonin or happy hormone levels. This helps raise your spirits and fight stress.
- Get back into shape after childbirth- Pregnancy is characterized by weight gain that can be difficult to lose after child birth. However, if you exercise regularly when pregnant, this weight gain is restricted and the excess kilos are easier to lose. This is because your muscles have been toned throughout pregnancy and the weight gain is more muscle oriented than fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.