Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, me and my gf had sex on 22nd may. Her last periods were on 15 may . After unprotected sex she took I pill after 48 hrs for protection. Still now periods not coming. We did pregnancy test thrice results were negative. We consulted gynaecologist on 30 Jun she ask us to wait for few days and on 20 Jul she told to take estrogen tablet thrice a day for 3 days. Still periods have not come after taking the tablet .
My condom broke while having sex on sunday. Though I had not ejaculated my partner took an ipill to prevent any issues. Today again the condom broke and we came to know of it after ejaculation. Should she take an ipill again. How can we avoid this Daily pills is not an option I used a know brand ks. I have lost trust in this. Will double condom help? Please reply asap.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them.
Had my monthly cycle over and 4th may then had ipill on 10th may and got light bleeding on 21st fr 3-4 days .am I done with my monthly cycle or will it happen again? Confused.also is thr any medicine apart from ipill that I can have as my partner does not want to use protection.
I am a house wife I am pregnant after 2 years but 2014 I have operated of sist and fibroids my pregnancy started in january 26 2016 so what precautions I have to taken can you please tell me doctor.
Iam 24 years old female. I have pcod problem and have complete irregular period. Iam a married women and worried that how can I get a baby. What should I do. How can I get ride of that. please help me.
I had sex 7 days ago. Is there any contraceptive pill. Which can prevent my pregnancy. please reply asap.
I have irregular periods. Sometimes it is regular I.e every month and sometimes it skip for 2 to 6 months. My weight has also increased by 3 kg in last 2 months. And my period is missed from March.
I am 19 years old, female. I want to convey you that before 3 years my periods began to happen and upto 1 year I was not having any pain during periods. Periods were happening on time. But after 1 year my periods became irregular means in a month I was facing 2 periods; one within 15 days and another after 21 days. I consulted doctor and it was found that I have a cyst on right ovary. The cyst was about 6mm and was surgically removed and during that operation my appendix was also removed. Then after everything went good but as periods became regular again but pain continues to be there during menstruation. After 1 year of surgery I again faced irregular periods and again consulted doctor for the same. I did ultrasonography but nothing was there of any kind of cyst or something. She gave some medicine and it went away but happens really. My blood-pressure usually remains down and head-ache continues in all days. Can you help me in maintaining blood pressure and give me some way-out to get rid of pain during periods and also from irregular periods.
I always to sex with girls but this time I am 19 years old and girl is 15 year s old what should I use to sex with girl what precautions I need.
I am 18 years old with pcos, taken femilon for one year to regularise periods. After stopping, I have not got periods for over two months now. Should I wait or should I continue with femilon. Is it safe to take femilon for many years regularise.
Hi pcod with lean female is difficulty to getting conceive ? And can you tel me treatment modulation .
I am now 20 years but I am very thin and my figure is not completely developed? what should I do now. I feel very bad when everyone says she is so thin.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain.
Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid-filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
A High protein diet at times restricts some of the healthy and nutritional foods that are very important for your overall health. However, this diet has plenty of advantages along with disadvantages as well. Here are some of the advantages of high protein diet:
- Hair repair and muscle: Protein is a very important component for building & repair of muscle. Hair is made of protein Keratin. So, if one wants healthy hair & strong muscles high protein diet could prove to be very beneficial for you.
- Lessen belly fat: When you consume a high protein diet, a high-quality protein consisting of at least ten grams of Essential Amino Acids (EAA) is taken in. It tends to reduce belly fat.
- Easy to follow: Most of the diets require intake of foods that might be out of your budget. You may also eat foods that you would not like. However, when it comes to a high protein diet, one just has to stick to protein-rich foods. Further there is high likelihood that you will probably enjoy eating them.
- Keeps you full for a longer period: One will not feel hungry or even a bit peckish after consuming a high protein diet. This way you will eat less, consume lesser calories and you end up losing weight faster.
- Energy source: Our body needs macronutrients to function and protein is considered to be one of the best macronutrients. It supplies energy in absence of carbohydrates. 1g of protein supplies 4kcal of energy. It is highly important for your memory, physical activities, thoughts and everyday movement.
- Enhances brain functioning: Protein is considered to be one of the greatest foods for the brain. Amino acids from proteins are used to make neurotransmitters in the brain. Neurotransmitters help your brain communicate and send out signals to your body, and are essential to brain health. Certain neurotransmitters regulate your moods and also play a part in important brain functions like concentration, memory and learning.
- Improves health: Fish is one of the most common foods that one has to consume when you are on a high protein diet. It is full of omega-3 fatty acids that help to lower cholesterol. This reduces our chances of getting or developing any sort of heart disease. It also promotes weight loss. Certain health conditions require restrictions on protein, so, one should follow high protein diet under guidance only. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.