Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupkrishnan. VYour feedback matters!
Is it necessary to apply acnemoist gel on face for life time. Actually I have used melacare cream for one month, after that my nose surrounding area become red ,so from that time I stopped the melacare cream after that my nose surrounding area become dark. I went to doctor for checkup my doctor prescribed me "onabet cream and acnemoist gel" Right now darkness disappeared. So my doctor told me, I have to apply acnemoist gel for lifetime, is it OK to apply. I am confused. So please help me.
As winter approaches, most people notice their skin turning dry and scaly. This can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable and can cause itchiness that may even be accompanied by bleeding. Dry skin is caused by a loss of moisture. Here are a few tips to help deal with dry skin.
Moisturize- To make up for the lack of moisture in the air, religiously apply moisturiser over your skin after having a shower. This helps hydrate the skin and keeps the moisture in your skin from escaping.
Right Moisturiser- In most cases, creams work better than lotions when dealing with dry skin. Creams that contain natural oils such as olive oil or jojoba oil work well to deep moisturise dry skin. Other ingredients your skin cream should contain are lactic acid, urea, lanolin, petrolatum, hyaluronic acid etc.
Shower Wisely- Limit your showers to a maximum of 10 minutes and try to use warm water instead of hot water. Though standing under a hot shower may feel good at the moment, it rids the skin of its natural oils and hence dries the skin.
Use Gentle Soaps- A cream-based soap that is fragrance-free is great for dry skin. This soothes the skin and moisturises as it cleanses.
Protect Your Skin- Limit your skin’s exposure to natural elements in the winter. If you must step out, clad yourself well and be sure to put on a pair of gloves and socks. Limit tasks that need you to wet your hands.
Shave Smartly- Shaving not only removes unwanted hair but can also irritate the skin. The ideal time to shave is after a shower as this is when your hair is most pliable. Also, always use a sharp, clean blade and shaving cream or gel to protect your skin.
Get a Humidifier- A humidifier can help regulate humidity levels within your house. However, excessive humidity is not good either as it can also adversely affect your skin.
Apply Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that make up for the loss of moisture in the skin. The ideal time to apply coconut oil on the dry skin is before going to bed or after having a bath.
Be careful about laundry detergents- The soap being used to wash your clothes may not always be completely washed off. This can irritate sensitive skin and cause itchiness and flaking. When choosing laundry detergents pick one that is hypoallergenic.
- Wear fabrics that love your skin- Avoid synthetic fabrics that stick to the skin and instead, pick gentle fabrics like cotton or silk that allow the skin to breathe.
1. Petroleum jelly is easily available and comes very cheap. It can be used on dry skin, dry lips and cracked heels – the remnants of winter on our body! Petroleum jelly has moisturizing properties and helps to get rid of the above mentioned dry skin conditions.
2. Add the 2 tbsp of olive oil to the bathing water prevents the winter dry skin.
3. Mix the 1 tbsp of glycerin, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of rose water. Mix all the ingredients well. Apply this solution before going to sleep. Glycerin is the natural humectant keeps the moisture in the skin.
4. Take the 2 tbsp of milk powder and 2 tbsp of almond oil and mix them well. Apply this paste on the dry skin wash it after 15 minutes. The milk powder has the moisturizer properties and almond oil contains the vitamin E both helps a lot for the dry skin.
5. Take equal amount of yogurt and buttermilk. Mix them well and apply all over your body. Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash off with water. Yogurt is rich in Zinc and other useful enzymes. Buttermilk contains lactic acid, which has a mild peeling property and hence it helps to clear dry and dull skin in winter.
6. Take the ripe papaya and ripe banana mesh and mix them well. Apply this paste all over the dry skin. Best easy remedy for winter dry skin.
7. Coconut oil makes the skins softer and provides moisture to the skin naturally. It is rich in fatty acids and prevents moisture loss. During the winter months, apply coconut oil at night before going to bed.
8. Warm up the milk in a saucepan.Place the oatmeal in a bowl, and add the milk to it. Wait for a few minutes before adding the honey to the mixture.Apply the face mask. Keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Apply it once or twice a week.