Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anupkrishnan. V
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupkrishnan. VYour feedback matters!
I have a dark tone face but my ears and other body parts are not that dark even my neck is lighter shade.
I have dark circle and also have pimple on my checks .I did not used any cream and lotion then what should I do?
Dermal fillers also known as injectable facial fillers are soft tissues injected into the skin. This is done to help fill up the hollowed and flattened facial features, smoothen folds and wrinkles, fatten the cheeks, correct bumps on the nose and forehead and increase the elasticity of the skin. With advancing age, your face loses firmness and volume of the facial muscles. A facelift is a non-surgical procedure which helps to restore and create healthier and more youthful features. Here are the things you should know about getting a liquid facelift with dermal fillers:
- The typically used dermal fillers are Juvederm, Reyslatine, Emervel, Radiesse and Belotero. There are several different kinds of fillers that are of different consistencies and volume.
- Fillers are composed of collagen fibers and hyaluronic acids (these come from organic sources) and a few biosynthetic compounds.
- A single treatment session takes about half to an hour.
- The swelling takes about 2 - 3days to subside and in many cases leaves no swelling.
- Depending upon the choice of dermal filler, the results of the facelift can last up to two years.
- The type of filler used, the depth to which they are introduced, the schedule of the sessions and the nature of the treatment - are all discussed and the factors are customized to fit your specific needs because each human being ages differently. Some people get facelifts to shape and sculpt a particular facial feature like the cheekbones. Facelifts are also done for sagging skin of the neck or drooping eyelids. They help tighten the loosening skin tissue layers of the jaws and chin.
- The fillers are not permanent and this is why they are completely safe. They can be broken down and expelled by the body naturally after a given period of time without any health risk.
- Restylane fillers can be used to treat dark circles, drooping eyebrows and remove bags from under your eyes.
- Defective structure of the lips can be corrected by dermal fillers.
- The advantage of a facelift using dermal fillers over a surgical treatment is that they can be altered with advancing age. Surgical solutions look fixed and artificial because they tighten the aging skin permanently. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that most commonly affects children during their first year of life. This is also commonly noted in older children and occasionally in adults. This disease causes severe itching that many a times leads to skin infection. These rashes are commonly seen over the scalp, neck, cheeks and face. As the child grows older and also in adults, the rashes mainly appear in body creases and folds.
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is still under research, but it is believed that people with the following are at risk of getting atopic dermatitis
People with asthma or hay fever
Living in cities and in cold climate
Family history of dermatitis
Dermatitis is not caused by food allergies, but people with dermatitis are allergic to certain type of food like milk and other dairy products, shellfish and nuts.
Dry itchy and scaly skin
Redness and rashes
Scratching and itching
Appears bumpy and develop knots in thickened areas
It’s important to visit the dermatologist for treatment to control the disease and prevent it from worsening. Treatment includes medicines to control itching, reduce skin inflammation (redness and swelling) and clear infection
The dermatologist will also suggest lifestyle modifications, which are very important to manage the disease.
Tips for people with Dermatitis
1. Ways to ease discomfort:
Make sure the humidity and temperature levels are comfortable.
Apply moisturizer twice daily to make sure the skin does not get dry and cracks.
Enquire your doctor about how to use wet wrap therapy and its effects.
Make sure your child’s finger nails are cut short and smooth.
2. Bathing care:
Bath your child with warm water not with hot water and make sure you complete the bath within 5-10 mins.
Just pat the skin after bath with soft cotton towels and don’t make it dry completely.
Apply the medicine if advised after bath. Make sure you apply the medicine before the skin gets completely dry.
Apply moisturizer over the medicated skin.
Avoid bubble bath and prefer bleach bath every two days if the skin gets infected.
3. Wash clothes the right way:
Uses limited amount of detergents to wash the clothes.
Rinse the clothes with adequate amount of water and dry it completely under direct sunlight.
Wash new clothes with plain water before wearing to your child to remove excess dyes and fragrances. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.