Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anto Sahayaraj. RYour feedback matters!
I have black spot as well as people in my face I use normally cream since 4 month. What should I do.
How to build up stamina I msstubrate daily but I want to stop this. I am losing my stamina day by day plsz help also want to glow my face enrich my face skin plsz tell me what I do.
I'm a student of class 12th. And there is too much dark circle in eye areas. Even if I take proper amount of sleep daily. What to do to reduce dark circle ?
I am 21 year old. I have a problem in my face. I have too much oily skin, and I got acne. How it is remove.
I have black color skin and oily face. When going out of home in sunlight my skin gets too hot and feeling like standing near fire. My skin is too irritating. Which sunscreen cream is used for my face. Oily skin.
Her nipple (only nipples not entire breast) is paining from last 2-3 days. Please help me regarding same.
I am in search of good moisturiser fr my normal skin but parabens free. Is there any good moisturiser.
Hello friends, I am Dr Sajjan Rajpurohit. I am a cancer specialist at Rajeev Gandhi Cancer Institute, South Delhi. Today I will talk about the cancer which affects our senior citizens between the age of 50-60 years. It is the cancer in men. Some people most of teh time ignore it as it is a part of normal lifestyle or ageing. But what happens the cancer to begin withn as the symptoms are quite similar to the prostatic hypertrophy. So, I am going to talk about Carcinoma Prostate.
Prostate is an organ which is a male sex organ. It helps in generating fluid which is a composition fo Semen and it also helps in protecting the urine from getting infected. But with an advaced age, there is an increase in the size of prostate and sometimes a growing prostate can turn cancerous.
So, Carcinoma prostate usually manifest as symptoms which are quite similar to Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH).
So, the symptoms will be;
- Frequency of urination
- Urgency of urination
- Difficulty during the urine passage
- Nocturia which means incraesing urination at night, the person has to get up 3-4 times for urine
- Blood in urine
- Pain during urination
These are the earlier signs whereas in the later stages there can be the lower back ache or weight loss. In advanced cases, there can be the involvement of other organs such as liver, lungs whihc can ultimately lead to jaundice, cough, breathlessness.
So, the important thing is to differentiate from the beginning, from the cvery common condition. 1/3rd of the men suffer beyond the age of 60 years, that is, BPH.
It is sometime confused with the very common disease or I can say the physical change in the body which is in the form of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. It is very important for your doctor or you to be aware of that these symptoms can be over lapping with the symptoms or with these disease. So, the medicines of BPH should not be started just on teh basis of the symptoms.A patient must undergo a good quality Ultrasound, Serrum PSA levels. If the PSA levels are high or the prostate on ultarsound appears suspicious for cancer, then it should be followed up for MR Imagine or a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the lower abdomen or the Pelvis and depending upon that sometimes the PSA levels are high then the patient should undergo the Biopsy of the prostate.
Once the diagnosis is established, we stage the disease. The staging of disease will depend upon whether it is only confined to the stages of Prostates or it is going beyond the prostate. Most common side of other organ involvement is the lower back ro the back bone. The good thing about these cancers is that more than 80% of the these are low grade and they grow over many years. So, there is no need to immediately panic and if it is organ confined then it can be treated and cured with either surgery or direct with radiations. We have got Robotic surgery, very high resolution as well as very conformal radiation techique available with us whioch can treat the local forms of prostate cancer. Many of the people will be cured of the disease. Even in advanced cases nowadays with the advances and the oncology, the disease can be conbtrolled for many years and the patient can be asymptomatic.
People are living healthy and normal lives as they were living before getting this disease. So you need to be aware of this entity because it is on eof the common cancers in men. But if we and our physician is alert, they will definitely rule this out.
So, this is all I wanted to tell you about Carcinoma Prostate. Do not fear about the cancer. Many advances are happening on every day basis in the cancer managemnety and the future looks very promising to me.
If you need any help for Carcinoma Prostate or if you know someone who need any help for the same, you can contact me on my email which is email@example.com or you can contact me through Lybrate.
If you want to take an appointment, I sit in Rajeev Gandhi Cancer Institute, South Delhi.
Chemical peel in a procedure of applying a chemical solution to your face to remove impurities and the outer layers of your skin to make your face look younger and more radiant. The amount of skin removed depends on the type of peel and the period of time it is left on your skin for.
There are three different types of chemical peels: superficial, medium and deep. Depending upon the skin problems you are experiencing and recovery time required after the peel, you can opt for any one:
- Superficial Peel: This treatment is an entry-level or a basic chemical peel which uses hydroxyl acid. It is called a superficial peel because it doesn’t remove too many layers of skin from your face. This treatment is opted for by people who have dry or damaged skin. This peel is a quick one as the seating requires only ten minutes. It also helps in getting rid of the superficial skin problems such as sun damage, dark spots, discolouration and hormonal damage. You need very little recovery time after getting this peel done.
- Medium Depth Peels: The trichloroacetic acid used in this chemical peel makes it more effective than the superficial one. This is because the acid penetrates deep into the skin to get rid of graver problems such as age lines, wrinkles and to reverse the effect of damaged skin from within. However, this chemical peel demands a longer recovery period as your skin can look sunburnt for about a week depending upon how fast your skin heals. Also, the side effects of this kind of peel are high as you might experience stinging and itching sensation during the recovery period.
- Deep Peels: They are the strongest and most effective type of chemical peel available as they help in getting rid of skin which is entirely damaged, deep wrinkles, scarring and deep lines. The acid used in this peel is usually carbolic acid or concentrated trichloroacetic acid which penetrates deep into your skin to eradicate all skin issues. However, the deep peel is very painful and your skin will take very long to recover from it. Usually, the recovery period ranges from 2-4 weeks but in some cases, people complain of burnt, red skin for months. Swelling, itchiness, scarring and scabs are common side effects of the deep peel. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.