Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anne RenitaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 female, I am going to marry soon, basically I am suffering with 2 problems, 1. I am having too much unwanted hair on my face, 2. My teeth are too height. My husband want to change my face nicely. I am going to marry in 2 - 3 months. Please help me on this.
How long does it take to align teeth using braces, I have my front 4 upper teeth misaligned (around 1-1.2 cm forward then normal. Also I want quick results because I'll be working in companies in few months (4-5 months. Also can you provide information on different types of braces, cost and the one suitable for me. I am 22 year old.
My mother has burning sensation in her inner part of mouth, like in upper side of mouth n behind lips, n she feels very much burning sensation when she eat something spicy please suggest sir.
Our daughter is 6.5 years old and her first set of teeth are not falling. Her front 2 incisors are bent out and new one are coming behind. What do we need to do dislodge old set and facilitate new ones?
I am known patient of squamous cell carcinoma in right boarder of tongue. It is operated on 15th nov, 2014 and port is completed on 31st jan, 2015.5 chemotherapy and 30 radiotherapy completed. 1st time mri with contast done in the 1st week of april, 2015. No sign of cancer is found in the mri. Now I am suffering swelling in my buckle mucosa and my inner side of mouth became red. I have consulted ent. He suggested me some antibiotics and mouth paste. Then I consulted with my oncologist. He suggested a multivitamin capsule and didn't. Give any attention. He said me that this type. Of problem will appear. Now suggest me the remedy? give opinion why does it occur?
If you have diabetes, make sure you take care of your mouth. People with diabetes are at risk for mouth infections, especially periodontal (gum) disease. Periodontal disease can damage the gum and bone that hold your teeth in place and may lead to painful chewing problems.
The good news is you can keep your teeth and gums healthy. By controlling your blood glucose, brushing and flossing every day, and visiting a dentist regularly, you can help prevent serious problems in your mouth
I have bad smell in my mouth. My friends always avoid me. I brush atleast for 5-7 minutes in morning. Give me solution best ti stop bad smell.
I have a pain in my teeth from last 3 days, I think there is a wisdom tooth is coming. What is the solution for this?
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.