Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjana
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnjanaYour feedback matters!
I have a strong family history of diabetes from my father's and mother's side. I am not diabetic till now. What should I do proactively to avoid or delay it. I am 42 now.
Respected sir/madam, I am 48 years old - last two years before I have sugar level 194 pp. After that it was reduced. From the last nov 2014 onwards I feel that my body is not weight less. I feel that I am not able to speed and spirit in my body. He suggest to take stelopham plus and medineuron plus tablet. I am taking that last three months. But still I feel that my body and legs is weightless. But my body weight is 87 kg. Kindly help me to how to do the actual spirit in my body. I never forget this help. Thanks for your kind help.
I have thyroid. TSH 96.7 and my BP is about 90/140, I felling nourvarseness, tens, sleepless in night. Now tell me what I can have to do? Please.
My mother is 45 years old diabetic person. There is a black spot in her vision. What stage she is in of diabetic retinopathy and can it be cured by controlling diabetes and no treatment? This is really urgent. Thank you.
I am suffering from hyperthyroidism problem. I am a 23 years old girl. My weight is just 33 kg. Every time feeling tired, dry skin, faster heart beat.
Diabetes, the new-age disease, has assumed the name of a modern epidemic. With changes in foods and physical activity being the main drivers of its increased incidence. The age of onset is lowering, the severity of the disease is increasing, complications are becoming severe. It is assuming dangerous proportions. People with diabetes are constantly on the watch before eating anything.
How does diabetes happen? There are two sides to it.
The body needs energy for every single activity that it does from moving a finger to smiling. The food that we eat contains sugar and is the main source of this energy. As the amount of food provided increases, there is more amount of energy (sugar) than required. The body converts this to fat and stores it as visceral fat
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas, which sends signals to the body to absorb the blood sugar from the bloodstream. Two things can happen there could be less insulin produced, so there is more sugar in the blood. Secondly, there could be what is known as insulin resistance, where the tissues do not recognise insulin and do not absorb the sugar for storage. In both cases, the blood sugar levels go up, leading to increased incidence of diabetes. On the other hand, the extra sugar that is absorbed is converted into fat by the body and stored. The visceral fat, which is fat in the subcutaneous layers of the skin, is all the extra sugar that is consumed.
- More sugar consumed, leads to more blood sugars
- More sugar consumed, leads to more visceral fat, as the body only requires so much energy for regular activities
- When engaged in physical exercise, this visceral fat accumulation is reduced, as more energy is required for exercise
- With reduced exercise, the result is increased visceral fat and higher sugar levels
- Insulin resistance adds to this effect of higher sugar levels
- With processed/packed/refined foods being consumed widely, the amount of visceral fat is on the rise. They also lead to insulin resistance.
- So, while on one hand, the direct sugar levels are high, on the other, the body’s natural response to control sugar is also impaired
- To manage both, a three-pronged approach is essential – reduce refined foods, improve fiber intake, and improve exercise
- A diet rich in whole fiber does not lead to as much sugar level increase or fat formation
- A diet rich in whole grains, vegetables, dairy, and fat is preferable to beat this cycle along with an active exercise regime
- Monitoring sugar levels and insulin resistance is a must until they are brought under control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I have suffering from uric acid problem. My label is 6.0.I have healed pain. Advise how to reduce it.
My mother has thyroid she is gaining weight due to thyroid what medicine she can take? Please advise.
My mom have diabetics is this gene disease or want to control my self? Give the solution for diabetics and tell me the difference for diabetics and sugar.
Food and diabetes do not go hand in hand. If you are a foodie and if you are diabetic, then you have tough luck. When afflicted with diabetes, the most basic medicine to control it is your diet. There are certain foods, which will help you bring diabetes in control and certain foods, which you have to avoid if you don't want the sugar level to rise beyond necessary. It is extremely important to keep a check on what you eat when you are afflicted with the diabetic condition.
Here are a few items which you should avoid in case you are diabetic:
- Fruit beverages: You might think that if the beverages are fruit based, then they are safe to be had; incorrect. Fruit beverages contain a lot of hidden added sugar. They are also high in calories, which again are harmful. The best way to judge a fruit beverage is by reading labels on the bottles. You will get your information there and it will be easier for you to judge which beverage you might have.
- French fries: French fries may be extremely tasty, but they are also extremely bad for your health, especially if you are diabetic. They are full of saturated fat, sodium, calories and too much of carbohydrates. Even though most of the restaurants claim that the fries are trans fat free, it still isn't healthy for you at all.
- Fried chicken: Fried chicken is another food item you can devour, but even this is very harmful. Although chicken is a good source of protein, frying it adds an unhealthy amount of carbohydrates, calories, fats and sodium. These added components make this healthy source of protein extremely unhealthy.
- Hamburgers: Hamburgers are full of saturated fat, which leads to a high level of cholesterol. It contains a huge amount of cheese, which supplies your body with a huge amount of calories. Although you do need 7% of saturated fats, hamburgers usually give you much more than the required amount.
- Milk shakes: Milk shakes are loaded with sugars and calories and they might also have hidden trans-fat. Not only does it increase your sugar level, it also makes your heart suffer.