Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjalakshi ChandrasekarYour feedback matters!
I had a lover. We both have sex on 22/1/2017 and she got monthly menses as usual on 11/2/2017, and she didn't get her 3rd month menses till now. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Help me plz.
Hello sir my sister suffering from thyroid the results is some time 60 or some time is 25 range they have no child so what I can do
Am 19 year old girl I had took ipill in the last month and got into periods but this month I did not get yet. My chums date was on 26th of November and I did not have sex this month. So what does it mean? Why is delayed is this normal getting 2nd period late after ipill? Or does that mean I am pregnant? Please help me out with this.
Hiii is it considered under normal period when you get 4, 5 drops a day instead of getting usual period?
Hello. I am a 21 year old female. The area below the nipple of my right breast is tender and sore to touch. And there is a lump in. My right underarm. It is also tender and sore to. Touch. Plus it's size is increasing. Should I consult a gynecologist or a surgeon?
I am suffering from unusual periods. Taken homeopathic remedy for one month. But no improvement. Initially. Periods occur as spotting for 2-3 days. Then it continues normally for more 8-9 days. And again as spotting for next 4-5 days. Briefly, it occur for 17 days approx. What reason can be for this? Do I need to see the doctor?
Bones are very essential for our overall health and movement. Though formed early in life, they constantly require adequate nutrition to manage routine wear and tear. If not done, there could be degeneration of the bone (either rapid onset or progress), which can lead to multiple changes such as limited movement, painful movement and a stooped posture.
A good balanced diet is essential for overall health, but bone health is primarily dependent on two important substances – Vitamin D and calcium.
- Calcium: This is the most important mineral in the maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Diet is the only source of calcium, and if the body does not receive adequate amounts of it, what is stored in the bones is removed, making the bones fragile and brittle and porous. This condition is known as osteoporosis. Calcium requirements differ across age and gender, and the following food items are rich sources of calcium:
- Dairy products like cheese, milk and yoghurt
- Green leafy vegetables
- Sea foods like sardines, salmon and fish
- Fortified cereals and beverages
- Calcium supplements
- Avoid aerated beverages as they impair calcium absorption.
- Vitamin D: More than calcium, the body requires vitamin D, without which calcium cannot be absorbed into the blood stream. Vitamin D is present in the gut. It is responsible for absorption of calcium and maintains serum calcium and phosphorus levels. Vitamin D is again received through a combination of sun and diet. Common sources of vitamin D include:
- Fatty fish such as tuna, salmon and mackerel
- Dairy products like cheese and milk
- Fortified products including beverages and dairy products
- Mushrooms, cereals, etc.
- Unlike calcium, Vitamin D can be produced in the system naturally when the body is exposed to sunlight. However, in people who do not receive adequate sun, supplements are also useful.
- Others: Though Vitamin D and calcium are the main components, the following are equally important for bone health.
- Phosphorus: As part of bone crystals, it is found in meat and dairy products. Phosphorus absorption is better if there is adequate vitamin D.
- Magnesium: This is responsible for bone strength. Older people may need magnesium supplements.
- Vitamin A: It is essential for normal skeletal growth and is found in liver, butter, eggs, carrots, and green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin C: It is present in citrus fruits, tomatoes, etc. and is necessary for collagen synthesis.
Tips for maintaining optimal bone health:
- Have plenty of dairy products and soft fish.
- Reduce intake of acidic foods.
- Improve alkaline food intake.
- Increase intake of antioxidants and lycopene-rich foods.
- Moderate alcohol content.
- Reduce caffeine, soda, and sodium.
- Ensure optimal weight management so there is no added pressure on the knees and ankles.
- Maintain optimal levels of physical activity to ensure mobility.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi, I am 31 years old. Under my arms small round balls on bothside its lymphoma they are increasing the size of it. What remedies do you suggests to prevent from it ?
I had my periods cycles as 2 July 2016 8 Aug 2016 12 sep 2016 17 oct 2016 18 nov 2016 23 Dec 2016 and 25 Jan 2017 from 30th Jan till 3rd March we had unprotected sex every other day (means leaving 1 day in between for e.g day 1 we had sex so next day no sex on day 3 again sex we did this till 3rd March 2017) in order to get conceived but still no signs n symptoms. Can any1 tell me how to use prega-news pregnancy detection kit whether to store it in fridge right after buying from Pharmacy n than keep it at room temperature n than use it?
Small pieces of stone come out with that juice only and directly enter into intestine and with stool they pass out easily.
It does not cause any pain because medicine prescribed here provide relaxation to muscles and opens the ducts so stones will remove easily.
Give a look to this image of stones removal from gall bladder and removed stones.
Hi my wife is 3 months pregnant can I have normal routine daily sex if yes are there any certain positions and can I discharge my semen.
Hi my wife is pregnant she has second trimester 27 weeks she is suffering from leg edema and gastric pain what should I be done.
I have delayed periods problem. I'm not having periods for last two months. Does any home remedies to treat this problem? And please tell me about the symptoms of thyroid.
I am 30 years old and stopped getting periods from last few months even though am not pregnant. Please suggest any medicines to help balance hormones and to regulate periods.
Hi I'm a 21 year old female and I had a query about sex related problems. I had sex on 31st October and had an ipill just after sex. My period was due on 5th November ,which came on 7th November (2 days late) after that I had protected sex on 5th December (after almost a month. Its 7th December today and I still have no signs of a period. I am worried if I am pregnant or its just a delayed period because of the ipill I had on 31st October. Please clear my doubts.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI (Urinary Tract Infections) occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
M try for pregnancy since 6 months n not obtaining a good result even doing sex on my fertile days. Whats d reason behind Tbi?
1. Develop self esteem and make friends with positive thinking people.
2. Every person is unique and nobody is perfect
3. Focus on your positive qualities and feel proud of your achievements
4 Don't keep doubting yourself.
5. Keep busy with your work and studies; maintain your schedule
6. Avoid fast food and eat healthy nutritious food.
7. Regular vigorous physical exercise is very important. With improved blood circulation, toxins will be eliminated from your body. You will become very energetic and your mind will become fresh as well as positive.
8. Maintain healthy habits and have adequate sleep
9. Keep helping others without any expectation and it gives immense satisfaction
10. If you still want some medicine, take alfalfa mother tincture 5 to 10 drops in half glass of water twice daily. This will be available in homoeopathic medical shop.