Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anjalakshi ChandrasekarYour feedback matters!
My menstrual cycle is of 40 day so on which are the days for having sex for expecting to be pregnant?
I am 25 getting married next week but I am feeling very low and there are lots of crying sensation very much as each and every 5 min and very afraid of name of marriage and its preparation and I am even scared for conceiving as we both are healthy.
I am suffering from periods irregularity. What should I do? Alternative month wise periods are coming. How can I Overcome.
I have a doubt. My last period was on 16 april bt we all know that after every 28 days our period starts bt today is 20 may nd I haven't got it till now nd I have not done any intercourse. Wht could be the problem?
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
I am naked and girl weired a short I am rub my penis to her hips and vagina out side of her shorts and but she weired a short and I am naked no intercourse released out side her short it's safe or hiv and std.
I actually had a sex last month 23th of April. Not my period date was 13th of may and till now I have not got period. What would be the reason. I don't want to get pregnant at this time please help me with my problem.
1. Do not squeeze or prick pimples it will worse causing scars
2. Try to avoid things that irritate your skin like greasy lotions oily make up face scrub or harsh soaps
3. People prone to pimples should not use bleach on their face. Keeping the face clean and diet healthy is the best remedy for treating pimples
4. In case of hormonal imbalance or postpartum consult a dermotologist for better and speedy treatment
I had unprotected sex on 30th of September, we dint have a hard core sex, last periods in had got on 2nd September, till now I haven't got my periods. I checked via prega news kit, results came negative, and even my periods are never on time since years, there is at least a delay of 7-8 days each time, there have been a delay of 1 month also before many times. So should I be relaxed now?
Hi I do unprotected sex with my bf today at 1.30 pm approx. Nd today is the last day of my periods. I am in a lot of tension I do not want to get pregnant. What can I do please tell me early.
No problem in my wife and me. But last months we are trying to take pregnancy but we are not successful. I want to know what is the reason?
I have pcod in ovary. If I put injection it gets reduced the next month its getting increased is it fully curable please help me.
As diabetes is metabolic condition in which an individual affected would have rise in blood glucose level either due to insulin production is not sufficient or body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both.
- frequent urination and increased thirst
- unexplained weight loss
- cuts and wounds takes long time to heal
- scabies and scratchiness on skin feet getting numb or cramps in legs
- lack of exercise and obesity
- unhealthy diet junk food fatty food alcohol tobacco etc,
- lack of proper nutrition expecially proteins and fibres
- stress and anxiety
- gestational diabetes
- weight control
- away from tension and stress
- avoid tobacco and its products
- follow healthy diet with fruits and green vegetables
- restrain from eating sweets
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!