Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha JaganathYour feedback matters!
My father age is 68 years old. His creatinine level is 2.1 and sugar level is 168 although bp is normal. I want to ask wat sort of precaution should be taken to ensure the creatine level is nt increase further and wat sort of diet should be maintain.
Hello sir, I hav 5*3 mm stone in right kidney and 5*3 mm stone in left kidney. What should I do sir. I also do workout.
Hello. I hd a sexual contact wid my bfnd aftr dat I found vry burning conditions in my vagina. Also blood passed along urine. Nd these burns are seriously vry painful. Pls suggest something gud.
Is second urine is preferable for prega news test. And it gives cent percent result. And it is true. And apollo hospital kits are treatable or not.
My husband got fever again n again we did urine test on n which pus cell are 30-50hpf and RBC 5-10 .Is it serious what should we do? He is 31 year.
Hi I am shaikh I am having problem of stone in my urine bladder and burning urine from Las two years I am taking syrup stone16 I am 27 year old and married and no child What I do for that without operation.
Pelvis discomfort, I have two calculi in right kidney and left renal agenesis, 19 mm cyst in left seminal vesicle, is it any std causing the pelvis discomfort?
I take kidney transplant last 6 months know I feel very good can I increase weight now and how many kg weight I can increase now?
I am continuing getting report for urine infection. Push, blood and uric acid. I have taking treatment from a doctor and getting no benefit. One more problem is in my right leg I feel some kind of etching like some thing wrong is floating in vain. What should i do?
I am 68 years old male, my creatinine level in blood is about 1. 3, I hardly take any high protein food, please suggest any long term harmless medicine to keep it lower?
Sir I have night urination problem during sleep only. So what kind of problem is it. I hv consultant to urologist. He didn't find any disease.
I have 3mm stone in my kidney and I don't want surgery for this so Please can you suggest me what can i do.?
I am 18. My semen comes out with urine while excretion (not while peeing). Is there any effect of this thing on my body. If ther please let me know. I am not addicted to alcohol but I smoke occasionally. I need help.
I'm 31 years old. I'm suffering from one problem from last five month. I want to go to toilet every half hour for urine remove what is this. This is diabetes or nothing serious please help.
She is 35 years old she has attack by kidney problem doctor consulted to her for dialysis she want to know what should she eat? Now a days her health getting down .
My friend's husband both kidneys have failed and 38 years old. Other than dialysis, transplant is there any natural method to retrieve kidney function by consumption of leave etc.
An overactive bladder is marked by problems with one’s bladder storage system that results in sudden urge to urinate. Involuntary and leakage of urine is also a possibility in such a case.
The problem of an overactive bladder arises when the muscles of the bladder contract involuntarily. The conditions contributing to overactive bladder are:
- Excessive production of urine due to diabetes, poor kidney function or excessive fluid intake
- Medications that increase urine production by the bladder
- Acute infections in the urinary tract
- Abnormalities in the bladder, for instance, bladder stones or tumors
- Factors hindering bladder outflow such as constipation, enlarged prostate or earlier treatments for incontinence (loss of bladder control)
- Excessive intake of alcohol or caffeine
- Decline in one’s cognitive abilities due to factors such as ageing, thus making it hard for the bladder to comprehend the signals it gets from the brain
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder, leaving only a little storage space for the urine
- Neurological disorders
How it can be treated?
- Behavioral interventions help to manage overactive bladder effectively and without side-effects. They include-
- Exercises to strengthen one’s urinary sphincter and pelvic floor muscles
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Regulating fluid consumption
- Planning a schedule for trips to the toilet
- Employing a catheter to empty the bladder entirely
- Medications to alleviate the symptoms of incontinence and overactive bladder are-
- Oxybutynin gel
- Oxybutynin as a skin patch
- Injecting small doses of Botox (Botulinum toxin), protein-bacteria, directly into the bladder tissues to partially paralyze the bladder muscles, thus delaying urination.
- Surgery to magnify bladder capacity
However, it is a must that you seek the guidance of a urologist on immediate basis.